Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

always good to see you post in here, croatoan. Dig the last shot as usual.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• CommieRabbit
      • Oct 2007

I should probably wear my Rick Doom coat more often, but I'm finding myself gravitating to a sharper/tailored silhouette these days. A rainy day is a perfect excuse to drag it out though.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

Interest, I really like your style. You remind me of the CCP model.

Last edited by Venus in Furs; 12-09-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• tomatous
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
          Interest, I really like your style. You remind me of the CCP model.
          there is an uncanny resemblance

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
            damn that chalayan is amazing
            second. beautiful blazer (and the rest). laika and droogist will love it. girls who love chalayan rule.

Interest, let me know when these bozos become overbearing with their comments (although you seem nonplussed, which is good), and I will whip them into shape.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
              Yesterday I wore bootcut blue jeans for the first time in forever, just to see what would happen. I felt terrible, like I was wearing costume, an ugly costume. Ugh

Got mad complimented by my colleagues at work though.

I will probably give away or sell this item now
              Haha, I know that feeling!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

I love the chalayan blazer
                then again I love chalayan always

good job interest!

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Re: What are you wearing today?

Jacket is from the current Rick Owens F/W '09 collection, and is actually from the Lilies line (insert collective gasp). He did these strange padded leather jackets that had a lot of potential had they not been over-designed. By this I mean the belt: a padded, pointed self-belt that was just a total fail. The jacket looked like it had tentacles growing out of the sides, for Christ's sake. So I did the only sane thing and hacked them off. Voila, totally different jacket now.

Along with the absence of structure, the blistered lamb's leather is what drew me to this piece in the first place. It just needed a 'lil tweaking to become the jacket I wanted it to be. For all you texture junkies, I added some close-up shots below.

Underneath is a long-sleeved RO tee in dust.

D-ring bondage pants are Gareth Pugh, Fall 2007. I made these skinnier by taking them in from the knee, down, and let the hem out to get the silhouette as long & lean as possible. I'm 5'10, so I usually want all the length I can get.

Below, the "before" photo: Here's a generic shot of the jacket with its hideous padded self-belt, before I hacked it off and made pockets on the side seams from the negative space left behind. It was so "lady" before. Totally different jacket now.

And here's the "after" photo: After lopping off the frightening opossum tails about 4 inches from the edge and removing the synthetic batting they were stuffed with, I hand-stitched the ends closed and inverted them back into the side seams, creating a pocket in place of a tentacle.

Gareth Pugh D-ring bondage pants.

It's all about those D-rings: two in the front and two in the back.

The padded leather is surprisingly warm. This jacket basically feels like a giant pillow. A BIG, BLACK, BLISTERED pillow. Makes me wanna crawl back into bed.

Last edited by interest1; 09-18-2010, 02:09 PM.
                  sain't

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

excellent post interest1. love what u did with the jacket. creative, skillful (and kinda brave. i'd be afraid to start snipping at that leather). also love the detailed descriptions. these types of thoughtful posts are the best of what waywt has to offer.

but alas, i need to see the trousers with the hem let out and the footwear. even if its not full body just point the camera down please. a lot can be done with womens shoes and it would be cool to see what you've chosen, based on what we've already seen.

thanks!
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

oh bsr, oh bsr, much to learn you still have ...this was no ccp hit when it came out in f/w 07.
                      out of A's extremely small order, i heard somebody chopped the tail and had it refashioned into something more like the current copy cat.
                      i remember calling karlo a genius for having the guts to order this, i'm 99.9% positive he was the only one who did. i've never seen it anywhere else. although "this world" was larger back then. i loved how it resembled my old cowfish "deathpod":

the inside is chunky melded tape like raised scars fashioned like a good sarah morris/kandinsky/mondrain, the amazing wool- never piling, streamlined, light, breathable enough to wear indoors, yet heavy enough to withstand a weeklong blizzard-- this elegant coat is made for war and is carol's masterpiece. current models like DOPE or WAR need not apply, as they seem to be cut with something fishy. the fishtail anchors through your legs like a soldier's coat, creating a warming diaper should "the road" become a reality--this is the coat that will take pnod to the end.
                      also check the flaring wrist action, an always overlooked detail reminiscent of clefs in time signature, this coat is perfect orchestration and sets the tone and meter for any foul iteration or copy cat special order following in its wake, as there are bound to be many conductors lining up to play this masterpiece. holy grail? how bout ark of the convenant

looks like pnod has seen his shadow --- time to go underground for six weeks...will see you again on groundhogs day....waywt has renewed my faith here....GOODBYE CRUEL DECADE

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

^ agreed. i regret passing on the fishtail 48, thinking that i wasn't tall enough for it. the last one just hung on the rack for a while, which was bewildering.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          oh bsr, oh bsr, much to learn you still have ...this was no ccp hit when it came out in f/w 07.
                          out of A's extremely small order, i heard somebody chopped the tail and had it refashioned into something more like the current copy cat.
                          i remember calling karlo a genius for having the guts to order this, i'm 99.9% positive he was the only one who did. i've never seen it anywhere else. although "this world" was larger back then. i loved how it resembled my old cowfish "deathpod":

the inside is chunky melded tape like raised scars fashioned like a good sarah morris/kandinsky/mondrain, the amazing wool- never piling, streamlined, light, breathable enough to wear indoors, yet heavy enough to withstand a weeklong blizzard-- this elegant coat is made for war and is carol's masterpiece. current models like DOPE or WAR need not apply, as they seem to be cut with something fishy. the fishtail anchors through your legs like a soldier's coat, creating a warming diaper should "the road" become a reality--this is the coat that will take pnod to the end.
                          also check the flaring wrist action, an always overlooked detail reminiscent of clefs in time signature, this coat is perfect orchestration and sets the tone and meter for any foul iteration or copy cat special order following in its wake, as there are bound to be many conductors lining up to play this masterpiece. holy grail? how bout ark of the convenant

looks like pnod has seen his shadow --- time to go underground for six weeks...will see you again on groundhogs day....waywt has renewed my faith here....GOODBYE CRUEL DECADE

epic post and pic. you're so good at this it scares me sometimes.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

interest: That jacket is seriously beautiful the way you wear it. What do you do to close it though ? I can't wear an open jacket like this when there's wind... although I guess you could just hold it shut... anyway, good job

Comment

• chameleon
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
                              interest: That jacket is seriously beautiful the way you wear it. What do you do to close it though ? I can't wear an open jacket like this when there's wind... although I guess you could just hold it shut... anyway, good job
                              Agree, it looks beautiful like that. Espeically compared to the stock pic of how it initially looked, dramatic improvement.

I very much enjoyed interest1's two latest fits, that chalayan blazer in particular is absolutely stunning. Good to see i1 go beyond regular brand listing, with detailed desciptions.

Croatoans latest looking great too, love those pics.

This thread suddenly became one of my favorite things on the internet.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎