X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    I like this idea and used to make my suits this way, by combining fabrics that are close with subtle differences.
    I once told this to a teacher in fashion school when I was there are she thought I was crazy................Hmmm, maybe she was right!
    There's no objective reason to it, is it ? It is just some kind of convention coming from a time when people having worn their suit's trousers out may have been tempted to find a replacement that was, however, never close enough from the original - somehow denouncing his bearer's lack of means, since he wasn't rich enough to buy a whole new suit, trying instead of that to manage something with half an old one.
    At least this is what I imagine.

it looks great, even though the pic is kinda dark.
    Yeah, the dark world is slowly swallowing me
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
      • Oct 2007

A little bit nippy these past few days.

Tried to show the intricate pleat details on the back of the coat but I failed miserably.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
        There's no objective reason to it, is it ? It is just some kind of convention coming from a time when people having worn their suit's trousers out may have been tempted to find a replacement that was, however, never close enough from the original - somehow denouncing his bearer's lack of means, since he wasn't rich enough to buy a whole new suit, trying instead of that to manage something with half an old one.

well the first time i did, it was because I found a bolt of fabric, that either was badly woven or by design had a portion that was of a different texture. I used it to make the suit with part being the jacket and the other being the pant.........I liked the result that I did several others by intentionally seeking, similar, but slightly different fabrics for the pant and the top.................sometimes that's how ideas come
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• holger
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
          bad pictures and no shoes, I'm not planning on going out today, -24 celsius outside... and my damn derbys aren't here yet!

LUC, CCP +fugly grey socks and plastic floor and flowers
          bestial,
          is this a wool pants from ccp? and what season? looks very pretty!
          Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
          SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• merkuri
            • Sep 2009

rick peacoat?

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
            A little bit nippy these past few days.

Tried to show the intricate pleat details on the back of the coat but I failed miserably.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

In the olden days you'd take the surviving pieces of a suit and match them with other remnants and wear that stuff on vacation. This is the origin of the "odd jackets" aka sportscoats. Colours that are too similar just clash when matched together, it's a visual thing.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                • Oct 2007

Merkuri:

Yes. FW 06

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
                  Merkuri:

Yes. FW 06
                  It looks nice (much nicer than most of the current collection coats by the way), but as you said it yourself, your pics are too dark .
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• merkuri
                    • Sep 2009

nice. i have one from stag but it has the white/creme collar lining. blk looks better.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Late Merry Xmas

People have to queue up to try DD SS 10 on, since it's a privilege :

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        In the olden days you'd take the surviving pieces of a suit and match them with other remnants and wear that stuff on vacation. This is the origin of the "odd jackets" aka sportscoats. Colours that are too similar just clash when matched together, it's a visual thing.
                        I was not refering to this tradition, which indeed constituted the only acceptable way to wear what was left of a suit. I was rather thinking of clumsily creating a new "suit" with pieces near enough in colour. That must have been a practice among people needing to wear suits but too poor to afford a new one when the upper or lower part was worn out.

I don't understand why the effect created by similar shades matched together should be so negative. Isn't this the principle of camaïeu ? We see this all the time here. People even play with different blacks. It can't be so simple.

Edit : Christian and BSR - this one is hilarious. 'Two priests of the Yellow sign visiting Paris and its high-end designers stores".
                        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                          People have to queue up to try DD SS 10 on, since it's a privilege :
                          Seeing everyone in the red hoodies reminds me of the hare krishna that would congregate on telegraph ave in Berkeley. I don't suppose that is what DD is going for.

Comment

• Enaml
                            • Apr 2009

Simple but great, bestial I love everything.
                            How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

bestial - very nice! may I ask what size you are wearing for the LUC top? any more details on it (e.g. composition etc...)

christian - i was shocked by the guy in the back on the first picture: first because of his skinny legs and then because of his missing head :D
                              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

I was not refering to this tradition, which indeed constituted the only acceptable way to wear what was left of a suit. I was rather thinking of clumsily creating a new "suit" with pieces near enough in colour. That must have been a practice among people needing to wear suits but too poor to afford a new one when the upper or lower part was worn out.

I don't understand why the effect created by similar shades matched together should be so negative. Isn't this the principle of camaïeu ? We see this all the time here. People even play with different blacks. It can't be so simple.

Edit : Christian and BSR - this one is hilarious. 'Two priests of the Yellow sign visiting Paris and its high-end designers stores".
                                Well I'm not sure about that, it is a possible explanation. Matching very similar colours can prove perilous if the fabric is also the same, IMHO. You have to contrast fabric if the colours are nearly identical. A rougher wool would do. Note that I'm speaking in generalities.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎