X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronin
    Banned
    • Dec 2009

Oh, sorry then, that would be a translation problem, I never know which is which (and feel a bit stupid for that )
    (the bird looked more cute than impressive indeed, maybe for a baby feather necklace?)

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

I think there's plenty of ravens in Australia and not many crows. I'll proxy some feathers for you

Comment

• i'd make one with an ostrich plume. that'd be hilarious.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

You, Tomatous, are always the exception to the rule By original idea, I was referring to the first feather necklace (that I've seen), to capture a completely different mood than tribal or bohemian. Leave it to Ann to design a minimalist feather necklace that is both strong & soft. To me, that's an original idea. Of course nothing is sacred for long; Julius spit one out about a year ago–and made it all black, of course.. That's an example of an idea I can't support. It lacks honesty because the intention for originality isn't there.

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
          Very well put and true!

Sometimes originality sparks inspiration..

(My rendition of the feather on a chain. Not nearly as beautiful, but different in its own right. )

Ann didn't invent the feather necklace, she just perfected it
          sain't

Comment

• Nikov
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
            You, Tomatous, are always the exception to the rule By original idea, I was referring to the first feather necklace (that I've seen), to capture a completely different mood than tribal or bohemian. Leave it to Ann to design a minimalist feather necklace that is both strong & soft. To me, that's an original idea. Of course nothing is sacred for long; Julius spit one out about a year ago–and made it all black, of course.. That's an example of an idea I can't support. It lacks honesty because the intention for originality isn't there.
            I remember that one. I wanted it cause it was cheaper, but in the end I decided that I would like one by Ann better. One day I too will join the feather club.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

If we're speaking of molting animals' castoffs as jewlery, what about one of these?

Reinforced, of course, or maybe silver-dipped.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
                You could always make one. Doesn't look like you'd even need any basic metal-working skills, just cobbled pieces from a craft store + some creativity.

It would have the added bonus of being made with love
                or just lift one. jewelry is pretty easy to steal ahah and then it would have the added bonus of being free.

it's an awesome necklace, though. i wear mine all the time too!

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
                  Next thing you know, feathers will be all the rage. I'm surprised no one has plucked one from a peacock yet.

EDIT: I spoke too soon...

Feathers have been all the rage for a few years. Many streetwear stores have been doing feather rings, necklaces, etc.

If I were to wear a real feather necklace, I think I'd use some of my parrot's shed feathers.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• ronin
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    Feathers have been all the rage for a few years. Many streetwear stores have been doing feather rings, necklaces, etc.

If I were to wear a real feather necklace, I think I'd use some of my parrot's shed feathers.
                    I remember one of my classmates wearing feather earings 5 years ago. They were teal (or hot pink depending on the day) and probably synthetic but still. Wearing parrot feathers would have the benefit of being unique though.

Anyway, snafu I really like the pictures you posted yesterday. I only see them now because of my client's proxy. Beautiful shots, and beautiful outfit.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                      • Jan 2010

Just ordered the Ann feather necklace in the tarnished finish along with the leather necklace from the spring collection. So excited!
                      THE HOUSE OF DIS
                      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• huckleberry
                        • Jul 2009

Ann must love SZ, I think thats 4 of those necklaces that have been bought since interest1 first showed hers?

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
                          Ann must love SZ, I think thats 4 of those necklaces that have been bought since interest1 first showed hers?

Yeah, it was just a matter of time before I got one. Good thing they're something she does every season.
                          THE HOUSE OF DIS
                          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• tomatous
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
                            Interest1 just made the ann D feather necklace the new Rick dunk.

just kidding of course ;)

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

^^

The irony here, T, is that right now, those Rick dunks are on my feet. And the Ann necklace is around my neck. LOL..

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
                              Interest1 just made the ann D feather necklace the new Rick dunk.
                              sain't

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                                or just lift one. jewelry is pretty easy to steal ahah and then it would have the added bonus of being free.

it's an awesome necklace, though. i wear mine all the time too!
                                Great idea! I used to be a fairly good shoplifter, I could probably do it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎