Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Here's that 'drunk outfit', A...................................................

Ann Demeulemeester coat...........

Last edited by interest1; 02-07-2010, 08:56 AM. Reason: Re-post of accidentally deleted photo
    sain't

Comment

• Macro
      • Apr 2008

the fit on that coat is epic. i think you'll need a bigger bottle next time ;)
      every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Dear interest1,
        One day I will steal all your outwear. Just wanted to let you know.
        Love,
        Galia

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Macro View Post
          the fit on that coat is epic. i think you'll need a bigger bottle next time ;)
          Yeah, cuz knowing you, you'll want some, too

Speaking of which, Hotel Delmano this week for sure. Wear your L'Maltieri, I'll wear my Ann. Perfect outerwear to talk our smack in...and those $14 cocktails will seem downright cheap after passing on the Yohji..
          sain't

Comment

• mortalveneer
            • Jan 2008

yah that coat looks excellent interest1!

is the scarf from a noteworthy label?
            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post

Unimportant. Whats noteworthy is that she is wearing it..............
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

gorgeous coat (swoons). who?, excellence in simplicity.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  Unimportant. Whats noteworthy is that she is wearing it..............
                  Exactly, all this enumerations of expensive to highly expensive brands is sometimes ridiculous, especially in the case of accessories.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post

this was my lazy way of saying, "that scarf is quite nice. Is it from a label I would recognize, or is it a relatively unknown or no-name designer?"

I almost chuckle out loud at the intimation of being a label-whore amongst this crowd...

Comment

• tomatous
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                      Exactly, all this enumerations of expensive to highly expensive brands is sometimes ridiculous, especially in the case of accessories.
                      Surely you jest...

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

^No, I don't. When I look in the mirror I see a label-whore (thanks for the term, mortalveneer) and I don't like it. As much as I like some brands, I want to get away from purchasing my clothes exclusively from them, and focus more on supporting smaller designers, hoping to get a mixture of my favourite brands and some beautiful clothes from less known designers.
                        The best accessories I've bought in a long time is the AA circle scarf and I can't imagine a more versatile or softer scarf by any designer.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                          before I even say his post, I was thinking about the
                          Necklace Who? made and was wondering if he was going to appreciate and treat it in the same way he would if he had bought the Ann D original. It made me start to think about the psychological aspect of value................
                          I have often seen value being defined by a price tag, or a label revered, (at this is even beyond the realm of clothing)......... when sometimes if a pure comparison is made, the less expensive thing can be of greater value than the more costly.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Catfood
                            • Oct 2008

before I even say his post, I was thinking about the
                            Necklace Who? made and was wondering if he was going to appreciate and treat it in the same way he would if he had bought the Ann D original. It made me start to think about the psychological aspect of value................
                            I have often seen value being defined by a price tag, or a label revered, (at this is even beyond the realm of clothing)......... when sometimes if a pure comparison is made, the less expensive thing can be of greater value than the more costly.
                            There is an interesting talk here
                            by and advertising executive talking about perceived vs actual value. One of the arguments he makes is that perceiving things to be more valuable than they are could be a good thing if we could use it in such a way that we consume less. I.e. buy fewer and more expensive items instead of lots of cheap ones.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                              • Jan 2008

It made me start to think about the psychological aspect of value................
                              You're describing a phenomenon economists have labeled "diamond goods" when, relative to its cost, an item's actual utility (value) to a person increases as its cost to them increases.

Diamonds are the classic example of such an item (hence the name) because unless you're one of the very few specialized industrial producers whose trade actually needs diamonds, diamonds aren't bringing you any tangible benefit beyond the fact that you are displaying their scarcity (cost) for all to see.

I sometimes fear I'm supporting a market whose value is at least partially artificial, where the objects we lust after season upon season have a value based purely in our desire for them. This suspicion is often strengthened when I see the aggressive pursuit (even, policing!) of items priced below perceived market value. The recent CCP shoes sale thread was vaguely reminiscent of oil cartels calling out a member whose price was too low for their liking...don't sell CCP for that little...when I try to sell my next item my asking price will no longer seem reasonable...(full disclosure: I'm crushed I missed out on those derbies cause they WERE my size...and they WERE a good price...)

...but then I realize how much I love these items, and realize that they yield more than enough value to me, for whatever the reason...

Comment

• Alesha
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                                Here's that 'drunk outfit', A...................................................

Ann Demeulemeester coat...........

Hmmm not bad! But Fuuma looks more genuine ;) Hard to look bad with your AnnD fit though! Next time I get drunk I'll grab couple of photographers to capture the spirit of the moment and to make next WAYWT...
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎