• Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

tank does look good , lot better worn than the pix i saw of it just hanging

Comment

• YoungM
      • Nov 2008

Merz looks good, and your insight is appreciated. Personally, I like OWM's fit (as I do most of his fits) although I admit, without the jacket, it may look a bit janky.

Beyond that though, I'm a bit confused by the oft-referenced "terrible CCP outfits." Admittedly, I've only seen bits and pieces of CCP, but most of the classic stuff (the boots, derbies, formal wear, and even some of the leathers) are simply extremely well cut and finished versions of fairly mainstream pieces. I don't understand the belief that CCP is so hard to wear. Most of the people who look goofy in it would look goofy in nearly everything they wore. I'd say that for the most part, in the year and a half I've been following this thread, that most of the time, CCP looks good. Maybe that's just my taste though.

As for the crazier stuff, like OWM's leather cropped boar nipple manpris, it's hit or miss, but again, mostly hit, if only for the fascinating wierdness.

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

Definitely not on par with the waywt quality around these parts as of late, but finally got around to wearing the L'M shirt I was so pumped about. Also, awkward hands.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Oh weh mir
          • Oct 2008

Fucking a Merz, fucking a.
          Looking good by the way. I've never been big on Damir, Boris's way of doing basics suits me more and their work shares enough similarities (basics only, in other respects I am partial to bbs regardless of any comparisons to be made with other designers) that I've never been able to make the leap over to that camp. This year though, the bbs tank01 has really got me at a loss. This seems to be a more acceptable 'basic' than the saberi alternative.

sargon97--It really is too tight in the chest, but if you are in love the jacket and you don't mind, than I guess it doesn't matter. Fall leathers tend to be a little bit roomier than spring in my experience though, so if there is an upcoming piece you think you might be just as comfortable with, that might be a better option for you.
          Theoretically you can stretch anything to a certain point given enough time and stress, but leather will react to humidity like anything else so I'd take that in to account too. If you decide to keep it, sleep in it for a few days. You should be able to beat it into submission, but it may tighten up again depending on the weather.

philip nod-- I would love to discuss your views on carol, especially those concerning older pieces, as earlier collections contained more clearly subversive and intense pieces than the easily recognizable/reoccurring 'ccp staples' and 'grails' that are commonly discussed at such great length here.

AVALANCHE-- I dress the way I do everyday, no exceptions. The fact that you see it as 'dorky' is understandable. It is.
          Texture matters a great deal to me. The feel of a garment, method of construction, and history are just as important as the appearance. Oftentimes those aspects are more important to me than appearances; especially if the garment itself holds some special meaning to me or if I see something in it that the casual observer may not.
          I like what I like. You like what you like. I am sure we both have our reasons. If you care to share them, or if you want a debate or discussion of any sort, I'm open to it. Name the respective thread and I'd be happy to oblige.

ANYWAY, it's been a wild ride, and this has been a very long post. I'm quite happy with my new signature, I've been needing one for awhile now.
          Originally posted by AVALANCHE
          is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

Return of the prodigal son. Fuckin' a.
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• munch
              • Aug 2008

the dickflap on merz tank doesn't look as dicky as the RO ones. (which I don't really like) very nice overall!

and Enaml, that L'M shirt is awesome. too bad about the quality of the photo. outfit looks clean, fits well, can't complain on it.
              or can I? would look better with boots/shoes instead of sneakers
              Last edited by munch; 04-06-2010, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

oh weh mir - my main man, you are a class fuckin' act.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Macro
                  • Apr 2008

Eternal, always full of steez. You combine black and white with elegance, even for a casual look. My only question: why wear a beanie AND a hoodie? isnt it redundant? ;)
                  every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• stereophobic
                    • Aug 2009

My favorite fit from you ever Eternal, I really like the white RO l/s and Ann D shoes, and also how the MA twist pants seem to just melt into the black laces.
                    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

+1 it's a nice one eternal, I just would prefer to see Guidi backzips or any narrower shoes instead of these sneaks, a bit too heavy with the superslim pants imo...
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                        • Mar 2007

Eternal - I really like the MA Julius pants / Ann D sneaks combination. Maybe it's just me, but i feel the Julius leather seems a tad big.

Comment

• Prototypes
                          • Oct 2008

eternal, top part looks excellent. im not sure bout the shoe n pants combo as i personally feel the MA pants is too slim for the ann sneakers, an ann high cut would def fit better & of course tall boots.

what size are ur MA pants btw? sz 1? it is really skinny fitting, very nice

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                            RO beanue/RO longsleeve/MA Julius hooded zip cardigan/_7 leather/MA Julius pants/Ann D sneakers/
                            I actually like this Margiela-inspired more than the Holster. Nice fit btw.

Comment

• KM80
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                              Definitely not on par with the waywt quality around these parts as of late, but finally got around to wearing the L'M shirt I was so pumped about. Also, awkward hands.
                              That's the shirt I sold you huh, how does it fit buttoned up? I'm still mad that I couldn't fit into it!

Skateboard shoes?

Comment

• Enaml
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                                That's the shirt I sold you huh, how does it fit buttoned up? I'm still mad that I couldn't fit into it!

Skateboard shoes?
                                fits well. I really like it. And just cons. Was wearing my guidis earlier, but I don't like to wear them with so much mud on the ground.
                                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎