• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

i got no time for clowns.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

The iron f*!k off fist. Thank goodness. I don't know how much more of him I could take.

awlouie, I like the look of the Julius fencing with the panel removed.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Mail_Moth, elegant as usual. I can see how DvN could work for you. You can actually make it look non-bourgeois (which is really my problem with Dries menswear these days - the women's is da best though).
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bc3
          • Jun 2008

are most of the fencing jacket wearers actually left handed? i wish they wouldve cut left//right handed patterns :-(
          Originally posted by Maldoror
          payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• awlouie
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
            awlouie, do you find the leather constricting? I tried it on one size too big before but still found it awkward to move around. Was wondering if it softened up?
            Initally, the leather was stiff and with the jacket zipped up it's a little restrictive. If I wanted to layer, I just add the double zipper part...The leather has softened with wear.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
            "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
              • Jan 2010

Today. Meeting then dinner. New McQ pants.

Dior
              Dior
              McQ
              Rick Owens
              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Good effort, Fark, but the following fail in my opinion:

1. Rugged Rick boots with pretty standard dress pants. Might as well throw on a pair of Timberlands.
                2) Pants should be shortened. Loose pants rarely work bunched.
                3) Differences in the shades of gray makes it look ill put-together. This is a problem I myself often have with black, but it's even more apparent with gray.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                  • Jan 2010

Thanks Faust.

I just got the pants yesterday so I haven't had the time to shorten them. I'm also in desperate need of some dress shoes.

Although the grays are different, they look much closer to each other in real life, I had to highten the brightness on the pants because there was too much shadow on them.

Thanks again.
                  MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

Faust, I think it is always possible to combine different shades of the same color, even very close ones. What makes it difficult is that, to make it work properly, fabrics have to be quite similar in weight, but clearly different in textures and patterns.

In your case, Farkhanyassin, I'm a bit afraid that the second condition is not fulfilled. Otherwise, I like the overall silhouette - even if you definitely need less sturdy shoes, yes.
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• francojean23
                      • Sep 2008

pants need to be hemmed to better match the Dior tailoring . I actually like the shades of grey . but you do need some slim dress shoes

whole outfit might work better with a black dress shirt

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

agree with faust and MM re farky, but the jacket is very good.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                          • Jan 2008

Re: Fencing

The CCP fencing is the greatest single thing made by any of these people. It's not even close. Unfortunately the special orders don't compare to the real thing, and the versions by cloak, Julius etc aren't even close.
                          Lowreys style was great with it. Looked like it fit well too.
                          Every lowrey waywt is like Christmas. Keep on posting, homey.

I'm glad snafu at least started with some comments about fit and styling. For me this is most of what actual style is about- and I do agree that it's easy to get lost in fetishizing items and lose track of these things, so i'm glad it's discussed.

So I say keep the real discussions of fit etc coming. I liked how snafu, nod etc talked bout how to put things together, esp cuz lowrey is one of the best at it.

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

I am late on this one but damn bestial, that looks good. I really enjoy your fits for they always show me how perfect a simple and clean look can get. LUC pants look really good, too, didnt think they were cut so slim

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                            Long time since I did a waywt, out to feel the spring sun! Don't ask me why I close my eyes... Cause I couldn't tell you why.
                            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                              • Jan 2007

Fark, I guess my view on this is a bit anal coming from a more traditional perspective on suits, but mismatched jacket/trousers only works when the shades/colors are very different. When they are similar but not identical, it just looks off to me. I know you're not trying to wear a suit in the traditional way, but in the end it's still a jacket and some trousers.

For example there was a great picture that I can no longer find of Thom Browne wearing charcoal trousers/vest and a light-medium grey jacket, which looked great. I think it was on Sartorialist or Jak&Jil or one of those.
                              Last edited by ProfMonnitoff; 04-17-2010, 12:49 PM.
                              Originally posted by jogu
                              i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Raw Edge
                                • Jan 2008

cool topic.
                                I agree on mismatch that if they are too similar it looks like try to match and fail,
                                but do you think this applies to, say Rick, cdg, or doma take on tailoring?
                                Say, ricks black tailored blazer with some black baggy/dropcrotch pants?
                                To me it also can work and be less of a failed match if pants are not suit pants- ie, contrast comes from rigid/loose rather than color/pattern difference. Yohji does this too, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎