Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

i'm not a frequent complimenter but holger i quite like that. the jacket adds an element of subtle but edgy design to an otherwise basic jeans + tee + boots outfit. which is what i wear pretty much 99% of the time. so i guess thats why i like it...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

yeah i meant to use the words "rugged" and "masculine" but forgot. both are keystones to building a successful outfit in my world...

i just realized how ridiculous that sentence is. but will post it anyway.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

still feel a bit uncomfortable commenting other people's personal style like this since it isn't something i'd do in other situations. but i guess everyone on the waywt thread is sort of looking for some feedback, so...

> epoch - i like the crisp white against the melange of greys of the cardigan. looks very neat and tidy. only thing i might change is the color of your belt, but maybe not even that, since it goes well with the grey.

> holger - really really nice - jeans stack a bit funny (look long) but apart from that great stuff. especially like how the jacket is worn in the first picture.

> christian - those pants are obviously fucking awesome (cargo or not). good choice of knit sweater too - goes well with the lower half. and beautiful colors too. maybe some darker lace-up footwear would sort of ground it all even better, but well played all the same. glad you aren't tucking into low boots...

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        i just realized how ridiculous that sentence is. but will post it anyway.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

I tried on the sz. 4 at that time. But someone bought it a few days before the sales.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

^ yep, you are right. i blame chameleon's somewhat blurry images (still have trouble seeing the pants completely) though i thought it might be yy. and to be clear, what i like about christian's pants are not the pockets, rather i like them IN SPITE of the pockets. it is the loose cut over thighs and narrow calves and button detailing that appeal to me. i'm not a fan of cargo pockets in general and even less when worn with formal jackets. at least not until someone proves me wrong.

but dude, way to call me out - how do you even remember stuff like that?

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

wire.artist = YY expert, who pops up within 5 seconds after the nane of the master has been written, or a pic posted, and who's the living memory of his work, here and everywhere.
              You have sinned, and he'll sue you to hell.

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

the best part of this outfit is it challenges my intellect to decide what is the most ugly: ribbed sweaters - brown cargo pants button bottoms - green boots. tough one, but at least its cohesive in that regard

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                  the best part of this outfit is it challenges my intellect to decide what is the most ugly: ribbed sweaters - brown cargo pants button bottoms - green boots. tough one, but at least its cohesive in that regard

But I'm a bit disppointed since you didn't say anything against the belt.
                  Un oubli, peut-être ?

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                    [You have sinned, and he'll sue you to hell.
                    lol.

btw. christian, i like your consistently positive energy, even when dealing with us n00bs... i could learn from that.

Comment

• fenrost
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by holger View Post

Lost&Found
                      Rick Owens
                      Dior
                      Augusta
                      holger, that l&f coat looks great. it concludes nicely

would be interesting to see a lower crotch pants.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Another praise for holger, although I agree that the jeans could be shortened a little so they don't stack so much. But it probably looks better IRL.

I must agree with christianef (shock!) about the ribbed sweaters in general - nothing says, "Hi, I am a gray office drone, and I shop at Banana Republic" better than this, although Christian's overall look is outstanding enough to stand out.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                          • Jun 2009

HDG as a Mannaquin

Damir Doma Hoodie
                          Odyn Vovk Curved Seam T
                          Werkstaat Munchen Ring (x2)
                          Surface 2 Air Ring
                          Odyn Vovk Denim
                          Dior Homme Belt (Hedi)
                          Rick Owens Dunks
                          Le 21ème

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

^damn adam,
                            i need a red damir hoodie now, and still been tempted to get another pair of dunks in that colourway...
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• chameleon
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist

Shucks, what I wanted to point out, is the very same fact you are describing. You might have asked for some pics or info if the picture was blurry, sometimes we miss some great pieces because we are consuming images like disposable matter, please don't take it personal it's something that happens every fashion week. I didn't planned to call you out, I'm doomed with good memory.

I dig the effort of putting some thoughts into this thread, I just happen to know well some designer.
                              Calling those pants "cargo pants" as it were dockers was a lazy position. But you did elaborate some kind of critical discourse with little information about something you couldn't even see clearly. You just described chameleon pants when describing Christian's, the suspender iteration has more subtle cargo pockets btw. Which are functional, but the real intention is to add volume and weight to complement the cut, Christian is very tall so that gravity effect is gone.
                              You can walk with your hands in the pockets without altering the silhouette, my fav feature. That season was yohji's PhD on pants, and if you like that kind of cut check the collection out ss07

About formality, yohji in the flesh is the least formal designer out there, even if at first might look formal, there is always some detail that ruins the formality. That cutaway coat from chameleon fit, is not formal at all irl, I think is a little short (spot on) for him and that adds formality, yohji has to fit a little wrong to be perfect. That jackets cut is a traditionally formal cut, but the execution is not.
                              Every effort to make yohji more formal with styling is a wrong step.

Yeah, those are actually all the same details that are incorporated in the suspender pants. I guess it's hard to see in the pictures I posted (I take pretty bad pics) but I didn't really reflect on it at the time. I wore the same pants and jackets in a slightly different setup a few days ago. I didn't feel like posting that fit here since it was basically the same thing, but I think some of the detailing might've come out better in those both for the jacket and the pants: 1 · 2 · 3 (the following were taken some time in may but you can see the buttoning and pockets slightly better: 1 · 2)

The "gravity effect" is not really noticable in the pictures though you definitely notice it in person, or at least sort of feel it when wearing them.

Regarding the coat, yeah, it doesn't feel formal in person. As wire points out, the execution/fabric breaks the formality of the cut which is obvious when you see it irl. I'm reluctant to wear them with pants that are more traditionally formal in fabric and cut.

I think it's funny how you say it might look off because it doesn't look off. Though I see your point.

edit: I also wanted to say that Christian's pants look great and work really well for him
                              Last edited by chameleon; 09-05-2010, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• Eye
                                • Jan 2010

Hdg i must admit i like this outfit. Its part audacious, but you managed to match these pieces (hoodie & sneaks) with taste and sobriety.
                                One could regret more colour on the top (maybe another LS, white would be better) but the fit is right. These ovs fit you very well!
                                WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎