X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Very nice Jogu, and beautiful silhouette/stance/styling.
    Only the camera is shit.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
      Only the camera is shit.
      I actually think the crappy photo creates its own mood here

I've liked some of jogu's outfits, but I'm not sure if I see a lot of personality or coherence in them. maybe it would help to see him in some other context than a bedroom corner.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        which direction

I've liked some of jogu's outfits, but I'm not sure if I see a lot of personality or coherence in them. maybe it would help to see him in some other context than a bedroom corner.
        Outside of that context he ceases to exist..............it's like the cessation of darkness in the presence of light
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

i personally don't really care so much whether someone is coherent or not in their look, since i'm (here on SZ) more interested in each idea presented in itself, rather than as part of a 'body of work'... i think maybe someone who is more experimental than i am, also is quite likely to oscillate more widely and more rapidly, trying things out and discarding them just as quickly. i would maybe think the coherence lies in the experimental approach, rather than in how it is expressed at a particular moment. so then maybe being 'directional' and having 'direction' to me sort of represent quite different philosophies...

in some other context than a bedroom corner.
          guess i have to work on that one as well. hah...

Comment

• tweeds
            • Sep 2006

homme plus
            bless
            shirt
            Mr Freedom x DD+2
            y's
            SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

beyond the fact that he's arguably the worst photographer on here, I enjoy his fits too but I can see where you are coming from about the lack of coherence. That said, each individual window of aesthetic is executed nicely if a bit too precise and polished.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                i personally don't really care so much whether someone is coherent or not in their look, since i'm (here on SZ) more interested in each idea presented in itself, rather than as part of a 'body of work'...
                What is coherence in accordance to somebody's outfits though? Isn't it their personality and style ethos showing through the garments they choose to match together? I don't see how this can be disregarded in any sense because it is the difference between somebody who knows themselves (style wise) to somebody who is just dressing in costumes every day.

No harm intended Shucks, just expressing why I personally like to browse waywt. What I find more important than the actual outfits posted is the personalities showing through the garments, and the style progression of posters (man this sounds so cliche...). But if coherence didn't matter, everybody might as well post under the same account and we'd have a massive archive of random outfits.

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

go to fashionology to check

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

I don't think that Jogu's outfit lack of consistency. On the contrary, his outfits are based on black/white colours, superpositions and a nice play with proportions often using overlong tops looking like apron or skirts.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      go to fashionology to check
                      very deadpan.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

shucks : honestly dude this is my fave fit from u . the bomber looks nice with the white tee and even the boot tuck i like ( i almost always tuck my trousers in boots also ) .

for someone wantin to see my fit pix elsewhere , ehhh . that particular room is where all my clothes are so just easier for to me snap a pic after i get dressed or when i come home . as funny as it sounds i dont like drawin too much attn to myself when im out doin shit or with friends . ive done projects for peoples blogs ,local zines , shit i member once bein in this old ass goth magazine called propaganda , and its weird cos for shit like that i didnt mind at all , but for some reason if its just like stoppin and askin a friend while were walkin "oi take my pic " im uncomfortable .

Comment

• Ochre
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                          for someone wantin to see my fit pix elsewhere , ehhh . that particular room is where all my clothes are so just easier for to me snap a pic after i get dressed or when i come home . as funny as it sounds i dont like drawin too much attn to myself when im out doin shit or with friends . ive done projects for peoples blogs ,local zines , shit i member once bein in this old ass goth magazine called propaganda , and its weird cos for shit like that i didnt mind at all , but for some reason if its just like stoppin and askin a friend while were walkin "oi take my pic " im uncomfortable .
                          I'm the exact same way. In fact, there aren't even many photos that exist of me beyond the ones I take of myself at home because I don't really like that attention in public.

As far as the quality of the photos, it doesn't bother me at all. I'd actually argue that there are some others on this forum who have worse quality photos. I can clearly see what you're wearing, certainly beyond the degree to which clothes are obscured in an editorial or something.

In my opinion you're one of the strongest contributors to this thread. I see a clear continuity in your fits and I think the way you mix many of the labels we talk about here with many of the labels we don't, often looks very refreshing.

Cheers as always, jogu.

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

christ, i knew scott and fred from propoganda well

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                            shucks : honestly dude this is my fave fit from u . the bomber looks nice with the white tee and even the boot tuck i like ( i almost always tuck my trousers in boots also ) .

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

jogu, wearing nearly the same as you today.
                              Pants and boots out of shot unfortunately...

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡