Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

Looks really good and the J-Pants fit just right.
    I like it a lot that you have started posting in here.
    Keep em coming!
    T

Edit: The colour / wash on that tent fabric jacket is amazig as well. Makes mine look really boring!
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

yes dis that's what i was getting at in your 2nd reply to my Junya post. They are technically 'basics' of the shirting-and-jeans variety but due to the construction, especially the particular use of fabrics, it is not exactly the same as a Thom Browne or even Band of Outsiders/insert-Americana/preppy-label. The latter group is what I think of as wearable, whereas Junya is ineffably much more idiosyncratic. I can probably count on one hand the number of guys I've seen look truly good in Junya and pull off his essence.

that said, the hip-hop contingent's embrace of the label in recent years is one of the bigger aesthetic train-wrecks I've seen. Some of these dudes are definitely more Rick than Junya!
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
        • Jan 2010

MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
          • Oct 2010

Eton

I have not handled either the LUC tent fabric -- nor seen it, in fact, but I think this is one of the best fabrics I've seen here on WAYWT. What I like best about your wardrobe (as I've seen thus far) is that you're willing to use wrinkled/treated fabrics in clothing that's more "pulled together." The PH you wore in a recent fit really hit it home (is that the correct sports metaphor?) for me. Is the fabric content heavy cotton canvas? Lovely!

About Junya: this is really interesting and instructive to hear that some men find Junya difficult to wear. I am thinking about how so many here have pieces from FW 07. I'll admit that I can see how in SS 08, the "coffee sacks" collection, the pant lengths would not be for many: mid-calf, knee...all very difficult. (Especially if worn with my father's favored accoutrement to shorts -- the hiked up black knee sock. ) Perhaps, this should be moved to a Junya thread...

MBD
          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Junya is super easy to wear, I don't know what FtB means at all. It's just that he has stopped doing clothes that are of interest from my aesthetic perspective. But I still look at it always from the construction perspective - awesome stuff. I must say though - I am enamored with a certain jacket from the current collection - not my thing at all, but I tried it on at DSM and I love it. Has that perfect utilitarian vibe, but is different enough to have a zing to it.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DmD
              • Jul 2010

eton, that's a great combination of very tactile fabrics. You should post a close up if you get a chance so we can really appreciate them. Btw, what season is the jacket?

Just found the closeup pics in the LUC thread. Awesome.
              Last edited by DmD; 12-14-2010, 10:43 AM. Reason: found closeups in LUC thread

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                Eton
                I have not handled either the LUC tent fabric -- nor seen it... Is the fabric content heavy cotton canvas? Lovely!
                Originally posted by DmD View Post
                etonYou should post a close up if you get a chance so we can really appreciate them
                cheers guys....see label under construction thread...both the military tent fabric and the washi paper have very similar textures and qualities, although the weaves and materials are completely different...Both are heavy and rigid and hold the creases in almost the same way leather holds its crease on the stress points...2 of my favourite fabrics
                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• shah
                  • Jul 2009

since what i'm wearing is probably too colorful i will instead cast a dark shadow

/fôrˈbōdiNG/ :

now for some skittles [taste the rainbow]

Comment

• DmD
                    • Jul 2010

Enjoying the last day of a winter warm spell.

MA+ linen shirt
                    LUC washi j-pants
                    MA+ staple boots
                    MA+ envelope bag

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

D, the fit looks so comfortable. and the anatomical version j-pant looks perfect on you as well.
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• diorowen
                        • Aug 2010

wow dmD..when first I saw the LUC anatomical j-pants, I never knew it would stack very nice like that. I thought KKA does stack better due to the more twisted form. nice fit dmd :D
                        still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Calimero
                          • Jul 2010

very nice DmD, love the fit and the color

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DmD View Post

Textures, colour tones, fit, silhouette .... all excellent

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

yeah great fit. the ma+ linen shirt is excellent. very pricey at retail but i recall seeing one languishing away in the classifieds recently. shameful. also if you are tall enough the anatomical j-pant is a total win. no below the knee shortness illusion problem like the A model has.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                                also if you are tall enough the anatomical j-pant is a total win. no below the knee shortness illusion problem like the A model has.
                                100% agreed - the fit is perfect on you D. Great outfit, and glad to see the staples getting some love!
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎