X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
    he looks cool in it. other dude doesn't. sorry.
    This is a totally different discussion, I mean I think at least 50% of the posters here look like total buffoons who got gang-banged by an Atelier rack . On the other hand there is no correlation between being well/badly dressed and being a fucktard so no hate on those whose style I dislike and no love for those whose style I like. We have to stop using amalgams and making well dressed people to be authentic, smart, cool, etc and more unfortunate dressers be unauthentic assholes.

BTW I am not taking an aesthetic position/naming names so let's not get there.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• cmitso412
      • Feb 2010

I think some users think you are buying into trends just to be seen wearing or possessing them, rather than because you actually love the items themselves. I've met you numerous times in person and I've seen your wardrobe and there are many, many pieces that I consider grails as would many others on this forum that you have not made it publicly known on the forums that you own (if HDG were here just to show off, he easily could put a great number of wardrobes to shame). I've spoken with you at length about different designers and pieces and your passion and genuine interest is apparent and obvious. Yes you have changed your look over the years, but none of us were born in a CCP or DD onesie. It's a fact that it takes time to develop and find your own style but you do it more publicly than others and it seems that you have landed on an aesthetic that some hold sacred and don't want fashionistas to follow the trends right into the doors of Atelier. I think a few here perceive you as one of those that just follow the wave of the trend just to be seen and noticed. After meeting you in person I don't think that you are. Then again I may be reading the situation wrong and be completely off the reservation....

edit: I do love that people are honest here and it's great to hear people's true opinions, but I think he is being accused of being something or someone that he is not but I came to that conclusion after meeting him in person and not based on his postings. I'm not trying to make any enemies, just stating my opinion that he (in person) is not how he is perceived on the internet.
      Last edited by cmitso412; 12-30-2011, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
        • Jun 2009

Stoking the fire:

From my friend Wataru's blog:

BBS Coat
        BBS Shirt (Unseen?)
        Solist Glasses
        OV Jeans
        A1923 Llama boots
        Silent Bag
        Le 21ème

Comment

• HWith
          • May 2007

I like the fit, but I'd be more careful with a camera like that ...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
            I've never asked for anyone's praise or approval here. I simply post photos as I enjoy the inspiration I get by seeing all of the other members photos. I have no doubt that I will never be on your good side, Eugene. I just can't seem to figure out how I got on your bad side, however. I'm not losing sleep over it, though. It's just a shame to me that you have to be so closed minded towards me and hold a grudge for god knows what. Everyone I've met from this forum, who knows me in a non-digital medium likes me just fine. I guess my cyber presence is extremely off putting and upsetting. I'm sorry for the digital visual havoc I've wreaked. Perhaps I'm not able to contribute to the forum in a way you desire to the T, however, I post as pleased me, and aside from merz and yourself, I don't thing I'm pissing too many others off.

If you are a member aside from merz and Faust, and you feel that my posts are destroying this forum, please let me know. I'll gladly stop if it's offending the masses!!

Happy New Year, SZ
            I merely pointed out that the belt is ugly. It looks overwrought, attention seeking. I haven't replied to about a hundred of your previous posts/outfits - so I don't see how I am ostracizing you.

I really don't care what you do and what you buy. You ask why you'll never get on my good side - I answered that in a post above. And you shouldn't seek my approval in any case. Seek your own.

I am not even going to address the rest of reductive bullshit on this page. Beardown put a nail in that coffin a long time ago.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ES3K
              • Oct 2008

I highly appreciate HDG's WAYWTs. They are ofen suprising, entertaining, sometimes inspiring (I would never have bought or even know about Odyn Vovk denim probably), the photography is excellent, bringing Haider into the game is very refreshing and last fit (and glasses) is ace.

For me though dressing/fashion is not so dead serious as it seems to be for some members here. However, this makes SZ such a special place. I'm kind of torn. I think there's the fear of becoming some kind of Sufu or Lookbook, but we can't all be Jogu or The Moth and only with dark Rick-fits or merz wrapped in another moody medival rag rug... IDK... I'm glad that there are posters like HDG. Keep it coming.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Keep it coming, by all means. I am not trying to prevent anyone from posting fits.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

We are all consumers though, right? That is the issue I have with the "flak" being directed towards me. We ALL buy and sell like madmen on here. Some (me) more publicly than others. I would say that 80% of what I sell on here is due to 1: my rapid weight loss last year 2: my disgust with the mainstreaming of Rick Owens 3
                  I don't get this comment...does this mean you're selling things you like just because RO is going "mainstream"?

Either way, I'm sure you know that you put yourself on trial when posting photos...although none that I recall in my short time here has either inspired or offended.

FWIW, I'd still hit it.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Rosenrot
                    • Aug 2010

I still love Rick Owens no matter how mainstream he gets, as long as he can still maintain a strong vision and churn out amazing leather pieces in outrageous cuts.

On another note, here's my interpretation of Yohji's 2006 tailcoat.

Yohji Yamamoto wool coat
                    Rick Owens knit cardigan
                    Ann Sofie Back shirt
                    Rick Owens boots
                    Originally posted by Patroklus
                    Better too adventurous than not enough
                    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

We are all consumers though, right? That is the issue I have with the "flak" being directed towards me. We ALL buy and sell like madmen on here. Some (me) more publicly than others. I would say that 80% of what I sell on here is due to 1: my rapid weight loss last year 2: my disgust with the mainstreaming of Rick Owens 3: [...]
                      I think this is a massively ignorant statement coming from the guy, who upon arrival on this forum wrote something to the extent of "I change my wardrobe fully each year". Pretty sure RO got mainstream the second people like you started buying it, so sitting now and acting like some fuckin dick front runner while buying deep into the next niche-hyped fashion is, imo, incredibly unintelligent.
                      I do not recognise the vessel,
                      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                        hirt
                        Rick Owens boots
                        ok wow the color of tha jacket is beautiful and the long layers underneath it , love the hair and makeup also

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Rosenrot that is an incredible outfit. By far my favorite from you.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                            ok wow the color of tha jacket is beautiful and the long layers underneath it , love the hair and makeup also
                            At the risk of being predictable: I would recommend losing the Yohji coat and you got an amazing outfit. Just looks like you have one layer too many on, what with it sliding back off the shoulders as well. Individually, it's all beautiful of course. Well, minus the belt, but let's not go there again.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                              • Sep 2010

Rosenrot, I love it. The way the jacket peals back is superb. Also the colour build.

It needs the belt to work, but perhaps in a tone on colour.
                              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• aussy
                                • Jul 2011

ugh rosenrot those boots are great, whole fit reminds me of a flower
                                haven't posted here in a while

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎