Thread: What are you wearing today?

JtothewhatI agree with gregor! The exploder relays too much of a strong streetwear vibe, and it takes away from the rest of your outfit and that's definitely the big standout. You'd be killing it with a wool coat or even a shorter cotton/denim jacket. I think the boots are fine but there's something about the pants barely touching the tops of your shoes that slightly throws something else off. Maybe experiment with higher boots, lower shoes, or consider putting a fold on the pants so that it completely hovers over the shoe! It could also just be the photo but other than those, it's a nice solid, simple fit
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

eleves and gregors Thanks for the feedback! I definitely feel what you're saying, it was a consideration I had as well. I actually had on a wool coat from Ann D. that I usually wear to work but my wife said that the proportions looked a little funny so I changed. I kindof liked the silhouette that it created but the styling of the jacket probably creates a clash.

The pants actually do leave a fairly big gap before hitting the top of the shoes but a fold probably wouldn't hurt.. I've also been reallly hankering for some black 992's and I think they would probably be a better fit with these pants and another cropped pair I have.

Just got the p13 rf, definitely the best jeans I've ever own.

Sunglasses: Wayfarer fakes
    Coat, slacks and boots: Margiela
    Shirt: Nina Ricci pour homme (vintage)
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

MA+ Crushed Leather Shirt
    AA Tee
    MA+ Y Belt
    BBS P13-F1911
    MA+ Staple Boots
    Last edited by GucciAmen; 01-11-2016 at 07:54 PM.

why are you standing like that
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Sunglasses: Wayfarer fakes
    Coat, slacks and boots: Margiela
    Shirt: Nina Ricci pour homme (vintage)
    I don't know why but I burst out laughing when I saw this in a very good way, excellent look.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    I don't know why but I burst out laughing when I saw this in a very good way, excellent look.
    Channeling his inner Vincent Gallo
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    like what? I guess I was thinking of this photoshoot when I took the picture:

I'm not bow legged or anything..

Maybe Trigger is talking about your toes pointing inward? However you could be pigeon toed (probably not).

not pigeon toed either lol, I did that to give a nice angle on the boots.. I'll just add a different photo

Next level nitpicking, where to cop?

Quote Originally Posted by GucciAmen View Post
    not pigeon toed either lol, I did that to give a nice angle on the boots.. I'll just add a different photo
    No angle can fix the poor photo quality. Try to use a phonecamera in broad daylight of use a proper camera.

new signature
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

new signature
    I don't understand the value of comments like these, frankly they seem a bit malicious.. I acknowledge that the picture is of a lesser quality than is accepted as the standard here -- for which I apologize (and will definitely improve in the future). However, I still think that the gist of the fit is visible, and that some critique can be applied (which is what I would appreciate, and is the partial objective of this thread -- the betterment of dressing, right?).

Because while the real matters, so too does representation. And when the latter is poor, the former suffers. Don't ask members to ignore/decipher all the layers of mediation between their screen and your physicality.

I don't think we're seeing eye to eye on my message unfortunately. I acknowledged that the quality of the photo is subpar and that there is certainly a difficulty in reviewing it. But is a comment like "needs better lighting, but from what I can see, need pants with a larger top block to match the top heaviness" better than disregarding the somewhat compromised photo entirely with "why are you standing like that"?

Look, you can stop tap dancing around the issue.

TD said that because you struck a "work it" pose and he was making a jerky comment about it. Believe me, there are a lot of "you better werk" poses in these waywt posts, it's not a big deal. Your photo quality is fine.

Feel free to pose with whatever attitude you want, but if you do, someone might call you out on it, just as in real life. Some people werk, some people hate.

Quote Originally Posted by casem View Post
    Next level nitpicking, where to cop?
    Seriously. Good fit, let's move along.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Elena
    Yohji
    Guidi
    Instagram, aka please validate my existence:

Idiosyncratic_0