• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noerml
    • May 2008

Re: What are you wearing today?

i hate to intervene, but it seems necessary</p>

First of all unkown, or Thomas H. as we came to know him didn?t decide that menslabel.de was oh-so eurotrash and it was about time to bid his farewell.

he got banned, and he got banned more than once - he got banned for his bad fits (funny enough, as u can see, he was wearing all the d² , hermes, LV stuff himself, never ever having heard of RO and the like), he got banned for his cantankerousness, because he was constantly on the lookout for more validation etc? I am so very warry of this </p>

Every 4 weeks he would sell most of his cloths on ebay to propagate a new style, the next best thing, discarding old believes and selling his new ideals like they were age old truths. SZG is just the latest spawn. Whether he was trying to emulate the LV-preppy, the d² Gaylord or the prada-queen on his journey, his combinations always looked like he ransacked a red-cross clothing depot, fit like he was intentionally ignoring his rather stunted physique, and that does not even mention his various attempts of cheating through cutting parts of the pictures, weird angles or positions. It was not only about being accepted and validation - too often you saw him recounting how much this jacket or that bag had cost. Showing off in front of a car or some special location was the least of it.

(I find it quite amusing how desperately he tries to put above posted mis-fits into perspective to garner your favor- whatever good that does) </p>

Most importantly, despite our common efforts he refused to accept any advice. He always reinforced his argumentation by claiming we were sitting in some ivory tower, totally removed from reality. Now in and by itself it is ok to be/feel special and not necessarily bend to the will and the opinion of the public. However his ever changing idea of what was his style constantly undermined his each and every argument - nonetheless he felt like defending his most recent purchase, opinion, action like he was the mother of all wisdom. And interesting approach if the new ideal seemed just as wrong as the one he himself discarded only 2 weeks ago </p>

I am from menslabel.de myself, as are a couple of other people who once in a while do post here. Now most of the people on menslabel.de wouldn?t fit into the szg world for the most part, but neither do they want to. (and it?s argueable if you could fill a forum like szg in any given country alone save japan) Not everyone wants to pull off the goth-ninja, which is, in a way, a good thing. Personal style is a slow development, a journey that never ends (unknown seems to stretch it a bit though) Some have more or less perfected their style, others are still trying to figure out which way to go. And those do need and want a home as well. Before the advent of menslabel there was no well organized and moderated fashion forum for men in germany, it?s more a community, more focused on affordable everyday wear.
    I am not sure what unknown hopes to achieve by trying to discredit us here, it remains a fact though, that besides his ban he uses the account of a friend to check the site on a regular basis. </p>

I strongly advise you to ban him. Wherever he goes he is bound to sow discord, he?s bound to start page long arguments and most importantly he will fail at contributing to this (or any other forum for that matter) in any productive and orderly way. (now admittedly I do remember a certain ?fashion photography? thread? wait that wasn?t exactly productive, was it?).
    If you want endless justification, vindication and spam keep him?

oh and he is bound to argue around this post here as well... he always does, count on that? </p>
    And through their parting lids there came and went
    Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Ok, I 1984ed the last part of this thread and banned all the jokers. Hopefully unknown will not change his IP again.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Ok, I 1984ed the last part of this thread and banned all the jokers. Hopefully unknown will not change his IP again.
        [/quote]</p>

</p>

whew. Thanks Fausters!</p>

The last 3 pages gave me 3 aneurysms.</p>
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sharkweek
          • Apr 2008

yesterday at work

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Ok, I 1984ed the last part of this thread and banned all the jokers. Hopefully unknown will not change his IP again.
            [/quote]</p>

Phew. Faust saves the day. Thank you!! </p>

</p>

</p>
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

[/quote]</p>

Thank you my man. Such a relief to see order restored. Down the memory hole with unknown and his rank lot!</p>
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ffff
                • Jul 2008

[/quote]</p>

</p>

won?t help, we use dynamic ips in germany... but i won?t post any pictures again. </p>

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

LMAO you came back...alright man, you get my respect for this one. no joking.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

[N][quote user="matthewhk"]LMAO you came back...alright man,
                    [/quote]
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
                      • Jan 2007

heh heh it's not so much the person himself but the fact he's this persistent.</p>

"Hi. Name is Tom. SZG!!!!!"
                      </p>

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

actually its just immature and really fucking annoying and i can't believe you would encourage it after yesterday
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

homeboy needs help and i dont mean with his wardrobe
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

isn't ffff some other german dude who's hating on unknown? or is he unknown?
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

doesn't matter - i banned them both... again. do me a favor, everyone - IGNORE them and I will keep banning them. no more posts in regards to them. 1984 is the answer.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
                                • Jan 2007

alright i will no longer fuel the fire</p>

</p>

phil nod i wasn't really online here yesterday so i missed the drama except for seein a pic of dude up in his bathrobe yawning. the subsequent backlash was lost on me. </p>

</p>

and yes, Tom1986 needs help. "SZG" can't bail him out of this one.
                                </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎