X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I agree. As my cuz once said, "I realize now that my favorite seasons are winter, spring, summer, and fall."
    Haha, this weather is not so great if you're trying to rock your latest dark fashunz but as far as quality and ease of life is concerned several NY transplant friends of mine have agreed it is the best for them. The novelty of freezing cold, melted snow, days without sun, unbearable humidity and impractical weather wears off rather quickly to the point where you wish the weather wouldn't be your primary concern when you wake up in the mornings.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

i've lived in both places for long long periods of time
      i love the la weather when i visit for a week
      after that its
      with nyc it has it horrible weather but i have a sick wardrobe because of it and i get to dream about wearing future seasons...when you have a closet that is literally mentally divided by temperature you thrill at the day when it says 49 high 38 low and you have to do some quick math and figure out what to wear.

it does suck though here when its 25 degrees and you go into a hot club/bar. i aint checkin' no ccp coat
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

I feel you nod, the only thing I would look forward to would be actually layering up to go outside even if for five minutes. That would be the one thing that would be nicer about here. Other than that, I hate east coast summers with a passion. The other thing I noticed when I was in ny was that none of the fucking shops had a/c I was all bent out of shape and like you said when you go somewhere it would be hot as shit inside. NY fuckers need to learn about aircon both in summer and winter when everyone's dressed for the cold.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

yeah, good point ac for the cold...but they turn the heat on instead.
          the great compromise is SF where its always 55. you always get to wear 3 layers and nobody has an ac anywhere and nobody turns on the heat because they're so used to cold. best leather jacket weather ever.
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by merz
            except when its fucking pouring.

the different items in your wardrobe eventually object-dye eachother?
            It pours like 10 days a year. Drizzles plenty, but you can just ignore that.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Davie
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by merz
              it is also the most soul-crushingly boring, static weather of anywhere on earth. i can't for the life of me understand how anyone would hold ideal a place where the seasons don't change.

& flu nod - much as i love your 'power of the force' glowing socks, feel better soon.
              I don't find it surprising that many people like this weather. When it's freezing and snowing in the east coast, I get to be outdoors and do the things I love to do here. Sitting on my ass at home wishing the weather would get better would be boring for me. I stayed in NY for 3 weeks and I grew to really appreciate it here, but to each his own, I'm just a Socal boy.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                Haha, this weather is not so great if you're trying to rock your latest dark fashunz but as far as quality and ease of life is concerned several NY transplant friends of mine have agreed it is the best for them. The novelty of freezing cold, melted snow, days without sun, unbearable humidity and impractical weather wears off rather quickly to the point where you wish the weather wouldn't be your primary concern when you wake up in the mornings.
                This may sound like an appalling generalization, but I've found people who love easy sunny 365 days a year pretty shallow. Seriously. There is no depth in these people, no romance. Bad weather leads to contemplation, to brooding. Sunny weather leads to watching bouncing boobs all day. And in LA that only adds to the fakery of that city. Shit, I just opened another LA/NYC shoot out.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

yesterday and today

damir doma gilet
                  odyn vovk tee
                  dick oven tank
                  n(n) jawns
                  guidi's
                  ann d bag
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

This may sound like an appalling generalization, but I've found people who love easy sunny 365 days a year pretty shallow. Seriously. There is no depth in these people, no romance. Bad weather leads to contemplation, to brooding. Sunny weather leads to watching bouncing boobs all day. And in LA that only adds to the fakery of that city. Shit, I just opened another LA/NYC shoot out.
                    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      yesterday and today

damir doma gilet
                      odyn vovk tee
                      dick oven tank
                      n(n) jawns
                      guidi's
                      ann d bag

Awesome Mike.
                      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

^Mike maxfield fitting room? Shit is so spacious I don't wanna come out, too bad the staff rides your fucking nuts.

Faust, I agree and I knew this would undoubtedly come up. However, it is not exactly sunny and florida-like here though I have no problem with bouncing boobies. Last week it was cold by our standards and I've never seen people more confused in my life freezing their asses off it was great. The seasons definitely do add drama and romance to everyday life which is why my lady and I were imagining what the city would be like during winter as it was very warm when we were there. You do fall in love with LAs own historical fabric and old hollywood charm if you can see past all the dbags not to mention illusion and meet real angelenos who are some of the coolest motherfuckers ever, not the fakes who came here 5 years ago giving us a bad name.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

hell fucking yes to brooding

i been doin that shit all week...it feels fuckin terrible, but at the same time so good
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• baizilla
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                            yesterday and today

damir doma gilet
                            odyn vovk tee
                            dick oven tank
                            n(n) jawns
                            guidi's
                            ann d bag
                            Dope, Mike

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

im likin this new "dick oven" nickname
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                                ^Mike maxfield fitting room? Shit is so spacious I don't wanna come out, too bad the staff rides your fucking nuts.

Faust, I agree and I knew this would undoubtedly come up. However, it is not exactly sunny and florida-like here though I have no problem with bouncing boobies. Last week it was cold by our standards and I've never seen people more confused in my life freezing their asses off it was great. The seasons definitely do add drama and romance to everyday life which is why my lady and I were imagining what the city would be like during winter as it was very warm when we were there. You do fall in love with LAs own historical fabric and old hollywood charm if you can see past all the dbags not to mention illusion and meet real angelenos who are some of the coolest motherfuckers ever, not the fakes who came here 5 years ago giving us a bad name.
                                I don't doubt that.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎