Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Am I the only one who isn't fond of those Raf boots? I would say wear the pants over the boots.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• almroth
      • Jul 2008

I think they're pretty, although I don't see them working there. perhaps you could try with black trousers/jeans (wider by thigh and thinner by ankle) would probably look better imo.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

I'm also definitely not on the Raf boot train. I'm really not sure what you could wear to make them "work" but either way the outfit is definitely just questionable overall.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• andrewislasorad
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Canaduh0415 View Post
          Mark Trimagistus:Emboldened by Chant's RO-Non RO Combo
          LUC, BBS, DDx2, RO

Lookin suave there my man, a nice little mix. I'm glad you brought back out the wide leg DDs...you try the leg trick yet? Is that the normal linen cut DD shirt? I'm sure the AVs would look good with that combo too, but they are pretty delicate, no? wouldn't be able to hold in the tucked pant....last of the rick there?

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
            Am I the only one who isn't fond of those Raf boots? I would say wear the pants over the boots.
            +1...i am not so big on the pant tuck look these days, it comes off as kind of uptight and too calculated in the styling, unless it happens to just fall over the top in the case of chunkier footwear.

Canaduh that is a very nice look.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Sombre
              • Jan 2009

Thanks for the feedback again gents. The boots I don't expect everyone to love; they're a love-it or hate-it piece. I love them, which is good since I'm the wearer.

As for the outift opinions, I really appreciate them because I'm still experimenting with said boots to see what they do and don't work with in my wardrobe. FtB, you have a point - the boot tuck was deliberate here, although the pants don't exactly fall naturally over them, but that probably just means I should wear different pants.
              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• eat me
                • May 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                Definitely not. I think they look hideous whatever you put them with. They are completely out of proportion, are opening in the most unflattering way (in the middle, for all your stuff to hang out) and look like something a footwear student could slap together in his first year for a literal take on a "planes and shoes" project.

On the outfit - jacket seems a bit too tight or badly cut (last button). And a bit shiny, there is no texture to offset the shininess, therefore everything looks plain and not thought trough.

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Those boots make both outfits you've posted look like you're cosplaying.
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

I'm glad to finally see the boot-tuck backlash gaining momentum.
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                      • Feb 2008

seconded (boot tuck backlash bumper sticker now ordered)
                      It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                        On the outfit - jacket seems a bit too tight or badly cut (last button). And a bit shiny, there is no texture to offset the shininess, therefore everything looks plain and not thought trough.
                        What looks like pulling is actually creasing from me sitting down all day with it buttoned. It's linen, so it creases easily. It also has quite a bit of texture and isn't very shiny, but the flash probably made you think otherwise.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

^ Very nice picture, I like it a lot, even though the weird/nice pose doesn't show properly the way the overrrrrsized L/S works.
                            Heirloom is no more alone.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Coincidentally Magician, my girlfriend's boss invited us to some art show/ball tomorrow evening that also revolves around DaDa.

That being said, I'll echo Faust's sentiments and say that posting a photo like that... you're asking to get flamed. At the same time I'll just offer a bit of criticism here (akin to Beardown) and say that you should throw those cuffed, bleached, tight, above-the-knee jean shorts away. They are flattering on no one and are so light in color that they contrast terribly with just about all solid colors.

Heat is heat (It's pushing 103 on most days here now) but it will never be cuffed jean shorts weather if ya know what i mean.

Thanks for the Duchamp exhibit photos though. I used to really like the concept behind Dada but the way it was curated at MoMA a number of years ago was so absolutely atrocious that it left a bad bad taste in my mouth. I did see a dude rocking some CCP boots there though at the same time I was....
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• eat me
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                                ^ Very nice picture, I like it a lot, even though the weird/nice pose doesn't show properly the way the overrrrrsized L/S works.
                                Heirloom is no more alone.
                                haha thanks Chant. Although, it's not oversized L/S, it's meant to be like that. If you see the sleeves, they're very slim, even before the gathers. It's kind of long, finishes some 10 cm under the knee.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎