• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    those ricks are really misconceived chant....they just don't work
    they're so bright you feel like you've woken up in an operating room.
    throw them in mud or the infamous parisian brown street cake and you should be good to go
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

Originally posted by larssss View Post
      "details" means a item/brand list
      Oh, erm... Well there aren't any, apart from boots, which are aldo. The leggings are made by my friend, and the top is made by me.

Heirloom, that effectively answers your question. Unless you wish for me to make a top like that for u.

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I too think Chant is too sophisticated for many of Rick's offerings (although I wouldn't out it the way deleuze did).
        agreed

Comment

• eatme: thanks! I figured you had made it yourself. since i very recently bought an overlock machine I figured I'd sew my own basics. I just need to get hold of some nice cashmere/silk jerseysssssss. the lycra and polyester blends that are available in the stores here is just horrible.

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I too think Chant is too sophisticated for many of Rick's offerings (although I wouldn't out it the way deleuze did).
            Trying to wear the RO streetwear inspired stuff in a sophisticated way.
            But he does it too, even though it's a tad more trashy.

Thanks to BBYY, who found the picture I was searching for.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I know. I read the "Lab" disclaimer. ;-)
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

That just works very well tho and I don't think it's trashy - loved the fits you posted with the SS09 drop crotch pants, very close to this one, but don't think the recent one works at all... but that's what the lab is for, innit.

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                Trying to wear the RO streetwear inspired stuff in a sophisticated way.
                But he does it too, even though it's a tad more trashy.

Thanks to BBYY, who found the picture I was searching for.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Laconic
                  • Apr 2009

Hi all,
                  I figured the best way to begin posting on here would be with a WAYWT. I don't have much to comment on, as it will begin to sound like a disclaimer for not being up to par with the standards on here. I've been in to fashion for a couple of years now. I'm seventeen, have quite a good job for someone my age; nonetheless, purchasing the brands heavily discussed on here still takes quite a bit of saving for me. (That is to say it's hard to be consistent with what I want to wear and what I do wear.) Here goes:

Comment

• Laconic
                    • Apr 2009

Yeah, understandable.
                    VA
                    BBS
                    beat up pair of Rachel Comeys.

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

This is where I see Rick as hit and miss.
                      This looks like a kid who has crawled through his dad's closet and played dress up.
                      Some of these shots shorten the legs on the models so much they look like they're on their knees and have stuff their kneecaps into the dunks.
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• btbam
                        • Nov 2008

Chant i appreciate your credit, i think you the shorts look great, but the outfit isnt working together. The shoes perhaps needed to be worn in a bit harder so they are less clean. Perhaps a more lengthy Tee and a different jacket? But i believe you could pull it off.
                        Never End, Australia.
                        http://www.neverend.com.au
                        General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
                        Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
                        Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post

This is where I see Rick as hit and miss.
                          This looks like a kid who has crawled through his dad's closet and played dress up.
                          Some of these shots shorten the legs on the models so much they look like they're on their knees and have stuff their kneecaps into the dunks.
                          This is exactly what I'm interested in, and RO didt it on purpose (even the camera angle is choosen to shorten the lower part of the model) : playing with (means unbalancing) the body proportions, as Pipcleo already noticed, but without loosing totally sense of proportion and balance.
                          I didn't like this picture neither when I first saw it, but now it interests me more and more. And more than the previous CCP outfit, which is imo an easy game to play.

I'm sure that my previous outfit is working, but, you're right, I just throw on my back what I found in the closet to try on the shorts I'd just received. I'll try something else someday.

Comment

• move_ment
                            • Feb 2009

Quicker photo tonight compared to last time hah. This is the first time i've worn elather zipped... mainly because of my height... I think it JUST worked. The angle throws proportions off a little:

Comment

• move_ment
                              • Feb 2009

I also tend to agree with bt, while I was blown away by Chant's previous fit, that latest offering is a little awkward. I think ditch everything to do with those RO moon boots, you look much better in dressier shoes.

Comment

• noerml
                                • May 2008

ahaha chant ;-)

i do like those trousers in combination with the ricks, even though they might be a tad to bright, but i guess that's a more general problem of the lower half of that particular outfit. it's a bit too shiny, a bit too pristine, a bit to orderly.
                                And i personally don't see how that grey/purple whatever redish hue of the upper half works along with the lower half. It's more a problem of the lower half being very geometric, with a focus on lines and shapes, whereas the top is exactly the opposite, very soft, rather warm, and a bit undefined and organic.

Sometimes contrast is interessting..and maybe if i look a bit longer at that pic I might change my oppinion, but as of now...it's not working.
                                And through their parting lids there came and went
                                Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎