Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delicious_not
    • Dec 2012

are rick island dunks supposed to be that uncomfortable? i got a 42 LPO version and i consider it my true size, but they literally hurt my ankle when i walk (thanks to the puffed look in that area) and they're so fucking stiff overall (i hope the leather will break a bit)... i also have a 41 socks and they feel the same in the insole. can't believe i'd need a 43 dunks, people say rick footwear runs big so that's like a 44 EU? no, def not my size... damn, rick footwear is never the right size lol.

Comment

• gawkrodger
      • Jun 2013

I wear medium in mainline Rick knits, alternate between small + medium in Rick t-shirts, 48 in most leathers (50 in Stooges) and 50 in Rick blazers - should I be going for a small or medium in DRKSHDW mountain hoodies?

Comment

• Halibut
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
        I wear medium in mainline Rick knits, alternate between small + medium in Rick t-shirts, 48 in most leathers (50 in Stooges) and 50 in Rick blazers - should I be going for a small or medium in DRKSHDW mountain hoodies?
        I'd go for a medium. I take a a small in knits, 46 in blazers, 46 in his tailored shirts, and small in his slimmer tees. My mountain hoodie is a size small and fits me well.

Comment

• delicious_not
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
          are rick island dunks supposed to be that uncomfortable? i got a 42 LPO version and i consider it my true size, but they literally hurt my ankle when i walk (thanks to the puffed look in that area) and they're so fucking stiff overall (i hope the leather will break a bit)... i also have a 41 socks and they feel the same in the insole. can't believe i'd need a 43 dunks, people say rick footwear runs big so that's like a 44 EU? no, def not my size... damn, rick footwear is never the right size lol.
          gonna answer it myself... yep, need a 43. tried on ramones at the local store and 42's are too tight, just as my dunks. this is crazy, considering i have socks in 41... with the same sole. i don't understand it.
          Last edited by delicious_not; 03-27-2019, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• gawkrodger
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
            I'd go for a medium. I take a a small in knits, 46 in blazers, 46 in his tailored shirts, and small in his slimmer tees. My mountain hoodie is a size small and fits me well.
            cheers, medium is grand

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
              gonna answer it myself... yep, need a 43. tried on ramones at the local store and 42's are too tight, just as my dunks. this is crazy, considering i have socks in 41... with the same sole. i don't understand it.
              Strange inconsistencies. I have the same size in all Rick shoes with the white/black sawtooth sole, only exception are the Ramones socks. I wear the socks in 41 (sole is ok, leather still bit too loose so I have to wear thick 'RO' socks. 41,5 and 42 were unwearable loose) and 41,5 in Island dunks/Geobaskets/Lowtop Ramones/Hightop Ramones/Cargobaskets/Ramones Sneakerboots (all LPO). I have worn 42 as well in these models, but 41,5 is pretty consistent for me. I cannot imagine wearing the ramones socks two full sizes smaller then my island dunks.
              Grailed link

Comment

• delicious_not
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                Strange inconsistencies. I have the same size in all Rick shoes with the white/black sawtooth sole, only exception are the Ramones socks. I wear the socks in 41 (sole is ok, leather still bit too loose so I have to wear thick 'RO' socks. 41,5 and 42 were unwearable loose) and 41,5 in Island dunks/Geobaskets/Lowtop Ramones/Hightop Ramones/Cargobaskets/Ramones Sneakerboots (all LPO). I have worn 42 as well in these models, but 41,5 is pretty consistent for me. I cannot imagine wearing the ramones socks two full sizes smaller then my island dunks.
                well, 42 dunks feel pretty like my size overall, but surprisingly too narrow - to the point that my lil toes literally snap when walking. also, kinda uncomfortable in the ankle area. I guess 43 with an added insole is my solution here.

as for the socks, i must add that 41 is a bit small - not to the point they're unwearable though, and only in the length (i feel the front of the shoe with my toes a bit). but the width is totally fine unlike on 42 dunks... and i didn't have an instant impression with them that they're not my size, uncomfortable, etc. like with these dunks.

to add even more, i also have zipped suede creepers in 42 and hell, they feel like they're 43.5 or something. very weird!
                Last edited by delicious_not; 03-28-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• onijo84
                  • May 2011

Anyone has experience with Mihara's footwear(derby/boots)? How is the sizing like?

Comment

• Skelletor03
                    • Feb 2011

Anyone have any experience with the sizing on DRKSHDW stretch Detroit jeans from the newer seasons? Do they run TTS or do you recommend going up or down a size? I typically wear 32 in most DRKSHDW jeans from previous seasons. Just wondering if the stretch version are very stretchy or not as stretchy/tighter than the standard 100 percent cotton jeans. Thanks!

Comment

• Halibut
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Skelletor03 View Post
                      Just wondering if the stretch version are very stretchy or not as stretchy/tighter than the standard 100 percent cotton jeans. Thanks!
                      Well stretchy implies a blend, usually with elastane or something similar. Obviously the stretchy models are gonna be stretchier than one hundred percent cotton. I think common sense prevails in this instance.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by noirdissident
                        Hey Lads! Hope everything is alright for the quarantine ! I need help here concerning the 11 x Salomon Bamba 2. Does it fits TTS or need to size-up/down? For example, I'm a size 10UK, on Ricks. For which size should i go ?
                        My pair is tagged one EU size larger than my Rick sneakers if that helps, for reference my BAMBA2's are a EU 42/UK 8/US 8.5 while my Rick's are a EU 41 and I typically wear a US 9 in mainstream sneakers (Adidas, Nike, etc.). I wear the same size in all Salomon shoes, 11 by BBS or otherwise (I trail run in Speedcross 4 sneakers presently).

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by noirdissident
                          Hey dji, hope you're good! I got the same question but this time for the Mainline Bambas. Maybe you own one too ?
                          No worries noirdissident! I do have mainline BAMBA1's and wear them in a EU41, same as Rick sneakers.

Comment

• woupes
                            • Apr 2011

Hello, can anyone share some insight on how 11 By Boris Bidjan Saberi - BOOT2 GTX 90 Boots fit? I wear a size 10 US or 43. Thank you

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Any info on the sizing of Rick x Veja sneakers?

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
                                Any info on the sizing of Rick x Veja sneakers?
                                Answering my own question, so they fit similar to other athletic sneakers. Wear a US 9 in Adidas/Nike and a 42 in the Veja fit similarly. Pleasantly surprised/pleased with the all black wool sneakers, design, weight and fit is somewhere between Adidas Ultraboost and Nike Epic React.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎