Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrokenBoards
    • Jan 2014

Anybody know how the DRKSHDW fanny pack/skirt fits?

XS just sold out. Wasn't sure if since it was technically unisex if there is a shift in sizing. I'm normally a 28w.
    "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• May 2007

Help with Sizing

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but is there any logic or reasoning behind the ridiculous sizing differences that many designers use? CCP shoes 3 sizes off is the most extreme example I can think of, but there are several others that come close, and I can think of very few that actually are true to size.

Comment

• BBSCCP
        • Feb 2010

Did anybody have a chance to try on the new season boris short sleeves? How is the sizing this season? Particularly interested in the cotton / linen and the short cap shirts. Cheers

Comment

• franz
          • Mar 2011

Rick Owens tailored jackets sizing

More of a random thought than a question: I just tried on 2 tailored jackets by RO purchased on Yoox.

Seeing that Rick has a thing for fitness ("working out is modern couture") and that he apparently designs inner pockets to fit a sandwich, a book and whatnot, I don't get why he would not design the sleeves to be able to fit the same sandwich through (maybe he's thinking Harrys while I imagine a baguette...).
          I'm fit but not overly muscular, I sized up +1 (52 instead of 50), and barely could get my arms through the sleeves. The rest of the fit is ok, but I was afraid of tearing up the sleeves / shoulder if I ever was make any brusque move...
          I don't even get how kunk can fit one of these (or maybe he does not?) Does he have to size up +2 and have the waist of the jacket altered?
          Originally posted by Faust
          True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• BrokenBoards
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
            Did anybody have a chance to try on the new season boris short sleeves? How is the sizing this season? Particularly interested in the cotton / linen and the short cap shirts. Cheers
            I have the grey cold dyed linen cap sleeve and it runs a little snug through the body (maybe because of the ribbing detail), but I took my preferred BBS size (XS).

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by franz View Post
              More of a random thought than a question: I just tried on 2 tailored jackets by RO purchased on Yoox.

I'm fit but not overly muscular, I sized up +1 (52 instead of 50), and barely could get my arms through the sleeves. The rest of the fit is ok, but I was afraid of tearing up the sleeves / shoulder if I ever was make any brusque move...

careful, this is a real risk, depending on which model/material your jackets are. the construction of the armhole in some RO jackets causes a LOT of tension in the fabric near the back of the shoulder seam, and it can very well rip if you move your arms forward/up too suddenly/much.

i've gotten my tailor to reinforce at least two jackets because of this...

and yes, i may like the brand but FUCK THAT.

Comment

• franz
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                careful, this is a real risk, depending on which model/material your jackets are. the construction of the armhole in some RO jackets causes a LOT of tension in the fabric near the back of the shoulder seam, and it can very well rip if you move your arms forward/up too suddenly/much.

i've gotten my tailor to reinforce at least two jackets because of this...

and yes, i may like the brand but FUCK THAT.
                Oh, yeah, you better believe I'll definitely send those back! Thank you, Yoox, for the free delivery & returns!
                Originally posted by Faust
                True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• BBSCCP
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                  I have the grey cold dyed linen cap sleeve and it runs a little snug through the body (maybe because of the ribbing detail), but I took my preferred BBS size (XS).
                  Yeah I remember the ribbed material ran always a bit small. Does it stay snug when worn or loose up a bit?

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
                    Yeah I remember the ribbed material ran always a bit small. Does it stay snug when worn or loose up a bit?
                    I've only worn it a few times and it has stayed pretty 'clingy' for lack of a better word. I've worn it with a BBS tank underneath and without a layer underneath, and have yet to notice significant loosening.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                      • Feb 2012

Anybody know how the DRKSHDW fanny pack/skirt fits?

XS just sold out. Wasn't sure if since it was technically unisex if there is a shift in sizing. I'm normally a 28w.
                      It is drkshdw men sized, and it fits slightly big to size. S size will be too big for a 28 waist. I have it in size small and will pm the measurement to you later.
                      Last edited by whtnnk986; 03-05-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                        • Feb 2010

I've only worn it a few times and it has stayed pretty 'clingy' for lack of a better word. I've worn it with a BBS tank underneath and without a layer underneath, and have yet to notice significant loosening.
                        Thanks for the heads-up. I am looking forward to trying one of those on. Need to fill up my wardrobe for coming summer.

Comment

• eckblk
                          • Mar 2010

Cdiem LS tees, 48-50 = size 4?

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

for poplin / jersey anatomic ones - i've found some variation in sizing among these, but typically;

- 2 fits 44
                            - 3 fits 46
                            - 4 fits 48
                            - 5 fits 50

...then 6 & 7 for any bigger than that.

When it comes to the all jersey LS tops, I've been able to fit a size 2 sometimes [I'm a 46], but still size 3 has been the safest bet.

-

Comment

• eckblk
                              • Mar 2010

Thank you sir- I found a small stash in bigger sizes

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

take advantage!

they're phenomenal basics for the purpose they serve, and seem to have lost their popularity in recent years [hence, great prices!].

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎