• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudo
    • Feb 2009

How does Yohji main line footwear fit?

I'm specifically looking at

Wondering if they fit 1 size big as many others do.

Comment

• huckleberry
      • Jul 2009

As mentioned in the small questions thread I was contimplating buying a size 48 CCP horse leather jacket from this season, however it was suggested by Fenfrost that I ought to size down in order to get a desired fit. However I have found a size 50 at a reduced price with measurements that for me equate to a medium measurements: shoulder 45cm, underarm-to-underarm 49.5cm, sleeve 69cm, length 71cm. I do not currently own any leather jackets so its hard to compare with, but my Comme boiled wool jacket does have larger measurements and fits relatively slim.
      Basically I just wanted some input on regards to the measurements and a leather jacket and what fit these would create on a medium build.
      I guess CCP varies in sizing due to the process of creation.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Paging BSR.
        Is it the one with the bulky sleeves ? Shape is not good at all. Check carefully the pictures if you can't try it on, since the fit is very very strange. Definitely a no go for me.

Comment

• huckleberry
          • Jul 2009

As you can see its the same jacket as Atelier and Lazzari stocks and the one I believe BSR bought from Fenfrost. Seems wierd that a 50 would fit me in regards to previous input but those measurements do seems to work, although the shoulder measurement could possibly do with being smaller. If its not going to fit then its a lot of money to spend, hence the hesitation, but its at a price which is considerably less than retail.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

are you buying second hand from a private person or a store? measurements aren't always correct, people tend to measure things differently and sometimes "lie" a little. if we check back at the discussion about buying the same jacket in 48 from lazzari and you felt that it would be to big, there is probably a big risk that this is bigger, it should be... else it's something really wierd going on in Carols factory sometimes. I would feel safer to buy the 48 from lazzari, and try and make out a deal with Matteo that you will get a refund (Christian talked about EU standard laws against not giving refunds)

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

Those measurements do look a little off.. I was thinking the same yesterday
              WTB: This

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

It's hard sometimes, I've gotten stuff from stores that has been almost 2 cm's off making stuff impossible to wear.

Also, one time I bought a leather jacket in L, was measured like a S, and I fell in the trap. Turns out the seller also had one in S, probably measured that one....

Comment

• huckleberry
                  • Jul 2009

I decided to pass on it, it was the one on ebay if anyone is interested. Plus I might have a chance at getting the ss 2007 one now which is guarenteed to fit and is considerably cheaper.

Comment

• quality time
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                    they fit pretty large. the Lanvin 7 (UK 7) fits like a US 9 in my experience

i think if you want to be able to tuck into it comfortably you'd best go for a UK 7
                    Mine too.

The sneakers seem to run esp. large--never less than +2 US, and sometimes feels like more.

Most recent dress shoes/boots seem +1.5 to 2

Comment

• quality time
                      • May 2010

Did I just reply to a 16 month old post?

Excuse me, I'm new around these parts

Carry on, carry on...

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                        Has anybody handled the RO Giove Lambskin Hi Collar Jacket (Klang is currently selling it - hope you dont mind me taking your pics) from current season in person?
                        I wonder about the measurements - especially the length of a Sz.Small.

I am a true 46 but rather tall, so I need a back length (without collar) around 60cm (62cm would be best) - all Rick leathers I handled in Small measured pretty exactly 58.5cm on the back..
                        bump for sales are starting...
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

measurements here and here dude, looks like a small measures 59cm still...

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                            are you buying second hand from a private person or a store? measurements aren't always correct, people tend to measure things differently and sometimes "lie" a little. if we check back at the discussion about buying the same jacket in 48 from lazzari and you felt that it would be to big, there is probably a big risk that this is bigger, it should be... else it's something really wierd going on in Carols factory sometimes. I would feel safer to buy the 48 from lazzari, and try and make out a deal with Matteo that you will get a refund (Christian talked about EU standard laws against not giving refunds)
                            the sizing of object-dyed articles are not 100% consistent. you know, dyeing the whole garment after construction and then left it dry in a mannequin blahblah.. sizing bound to be different.. : \

but to be safe, most store would advise 1 size down on the scarstitch.

Comment

• Reagan
                              • Feb 2010

question to anyone who owns or has tried on the ccp 2009 seamless tornado boots...mine are a size 8 (like all my other normally fitting poell footwear) and whilst the length seems perfect, my heel seems to constantly move upwards while walking (instead of being held properly in by the boot)

i question whether this is simply a normal effect of the boots' unorthodox (slightly enlarged) silhouette or if i should have sized down. main reason i doubt the latter is because the length is perfect, thus a size 7 would presumably be too small.

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

i am not sure if i get your question right. the boots seems to slip at your heels? - it happens to me as well, i am a sz 8, wore the seamless sz 8, it does slip. but i am not really bothered... and i got a seamless sz 7, wore it with inner sole, it's abit tight at the toes.. took off the inner sole to wear it, felt better, but it does slip still but again not too dramatic. all these are shaped based on the goodyear sole.

i believe its the seamless construction at the front not holding well. : \

* again it depends on the shape of the foot i guess. everyone is different so may experience differently.
                                Last edited by fenrost; 05-31-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎