• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winQ
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

Re: Sizing help

Just to follow up, those who received the RO Shearling from yoox..
    how's the fit/sizing? From what I gathered from Faust the greys appear
    to run very small, while the blacks run true(?).

Comment

• drexl
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="winQ"]Just to follow up, those who received the RO Shearling from yoox..
      how's the fit/sizing? From what I gathered from Faust the greys appear
      to run very small, while the blacks run true(?).
      [/quote]

Mine (black) runs pretty much proportional to yours, 21.5" pit to pit for a L.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Anyone familiar with Gustavolins sizing?

A pair of black pants in size 4 is claimed to have a 36" waist... but yet the coat in size 4 fits a 48 chest?

The seller's photos aren't super clear so I can't see if I can alter the seat... I'd love to own a pair of impeccably tailored gustavolins pants!

Thanks guys

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

A pair of black pants in size 4 is claimed to have a 36" waist... but yet the coat in size 4 fits a 48 chest?

The seller's photos aren't super clear so I can't see if I can alter the seat... I'd love to own a pair of impeccably tailored gustavolins pants!

Thanks guys

[/quote]

The jackets I tried on are on the looser side. A 48 fit me with some room. Kevin should know more.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mattjames
            • Mar 2007

Can someone tell me how Neil Barrett shirts fit? I'm used to sizing according to collar size, so the small, medium, large system throws me off. I want the shirt to be fairly slim, but I also want to be able to button the collar for a tie.

Comment

• drexl
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mattjames"]Can someone tell me how Neil Barrett shirts fit? I'm used to sizing according to collar size, so the small, medium, large system throws me off. I want the shirt to be fairly slim, but I also want to be able to button the collar for a tie.
              [/quote]

His shirts are cut pretty slim, darted through the waist. I tried on a M and the collar fit like a 15.5 I'd say? So maybe a S is equivalent to a 15 and L to a 16? Hope this helps :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Thanks Faust :)

I'm gonna pass on it then... probably really truly be huge on me... plus I just picked up a new paintball marker as I've started to play again. Weeeee

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks guys

[/quote]

hey albert,

a pair of pants i tried was a size 3 fit me well, and i'm a 32-33" waist (5'8, 155-160lbs). with the button-down shirts, sizes 2 and 3 fit very very similarly (main difference was room in the sleeves and waist area)...they both fit like a 48. i'm normally a 3 but ended up gettingthe size 2, just cause it was more fitted, though 3 would have worked very well. even the lady at Maxfield's couldn't tell the difference, as the shirts i had felt the same when switching fits. i have a size 3 overcoat for sale (silhouette no. 2 of collection 006), which fits me and i'm a 48. i believe size 4 is too big for a 48. one wool coat i tried (silhouette no. 11 of collection 006)was a bit boxy, and as a size 4, was no doubt too big for me. i'd say that if you're a 32 waist, stick with a size 3 regarding pants. i did not try any size 2 pants. i would say that you're making a wise decision to pass on them, they're likely too big.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks Kev! Appreciate the help :)

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                      • Sep 2006

I want to buy some Yohji Yamamoto pants online but i'm lost with the sizing, according to LVR 1=46, 2=48, 3=50 4=52, it's that true?, they seems to run on the larger size, but i want to be sure before i'll pull the trigger

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

i really really want this piece which is causing me to overlook the fact that it's a size small, but i'm a size medium

just wondering if any of you folks could look at these measurements and tell me if i'd be stupid to try and order this cuz it wouldn't fit a medium:

shoulder length: 13.8in

body width: 19.7in

height: 23.2in

edit: damnit, just measured the one vest i have and the measurements are: 14.7in, 19.25in, 23.5in

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

The only thing that seems off with those measurements is the shoulder. 13" seems really really small.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• badseeds
                            • Mar 2007

[quote user="gutpocho"]

I want to buy some Yohji Yamamoto pants online but i'm lost with the sizing, according to LVR 1=46, 2=48, 3=50 4=52, it's that true?, they seems to run on the larger size, but i want to be sure before i'll pull the trigger

[/quote]

I am 31'' waist but I wear size 3for yohji's pantslast season. size 2might be too small. As told by gentrythewaist sizeof size 2is roughly 30.5''. Maybe thats just for the pairs I have. hopethis helps.

Comment

• soultek
                              • Feb 2007

Need help with estimating sizing for a pair of Ann D. boots. I've heard one should size down? I'm normally a 45 (sz 11), which is what I wear in Guidi's. I am a 44 in C Diem (which tends to run big). I tried on the 43.5 and they felt slightly small in width, so I feel a 44 in Ann D. should be fine. Then again, I tried on an old (FW06?) pair of sz 44 sneakers by her and they were too small. thoughts?

Comment

• badseeds
                                • Mar 2007

^ based on my experience, it depends.The sneakers I got run pretty true to size. The boots i got from last season run a litbig, but notso big thatone will feel uncomfortable. The oxfords from ss07 I just sold run true to size. (size43,just a lit big for me as i am size 42-42.5. )

I would guess size 44 is right for you but it wont hurt to ask the seller for measurements. : ) Guidi run a lit small as I see from the two pairs i have.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎