• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Anyone knows how these Silent tees fit? What do I need for a 48? TIA
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pleue
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I think you'll need an M. I'm 46 and size S was right one for me.

And a question: Would size S of this RO Poplin skirt be too long for me? I'm about 5'6 (168cm) and size XS in RO pants.
      moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Size M. But do you really want a dress, to compete with Mike ?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

No, I will have them cut shorter. :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

If you go over to forward, they have the exact measurements for some of the t-shirts in the 'size and fit' link to the left of products. Will give you a more specific idea but I think the mediums usually come in at 41 inches at the chest.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• shah
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
              If you go over to forward, they have the exact measurements for some of the t-shirts in the 'size and fit' link to the left of products. Will give you a more specific idea but I think the mediums usually come in at 41 inches at the chest.
              just to add , the measurements for different colors are different even tho same styles and this is not a mistake on their part, it would seem the quality control (?) is not really a priority. i've gotten two of the same items before and one fit while the other was small...

i think silent is damir's troll line to be honest ... i once put on a l/s tee and the forearm exploded at the seem. i work out and drink 2% milk but come on ....

still nice cheap basics tho

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

I've found all the Silent stuff I've bought has held up really nicely...mind you I only have 2 or 3 things, but I wear them constantly and treat them like shit.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

my problem with silent tees is that they are not a true black but an onyx color and look like a faded black so it's hard to match them with other items that are a true black without them looking a bit out of place. was there ever a season of silent where the black was a true black?

Comment

• shah
                    • Jul 2009

i think usually the pants match the shirts in color, and if that is the case, then ss11 should have been true black ?

dane -- i agree, the 2 items i did keep have held up well :)

Comment

• elephantstone
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
                      Yohji footwear - if I'm a 43 in just about everything, what size would I get? The site suggest a V but I'm skeptical.
                      I only have on pair of boots in size V. I'm usually between 42.5-43(but have rather wide feet) and they fit fine if not a bit large. It's kinda like wearing size 43 Ann D boots for a true size 43.....If you don't have wide feet like me, then it might be better to check out size IV beforehand and see if fit......And outsole/insole measurements always help.....

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by shahanshah View Post
                        just to add , the measurements for different colors are different even tho same styles and this is not a mistake on their part, it would seem the quality control (?) is not really a priority.
                        This is true but the inconsistencies are from the treatment. Some are cold dyed, some enzyme washed, some probably have less treatment depending on the color and the material. I kind of like that though. They still fit generally the same....a little bit off here and there is OK unless you go up to the tent size...the length in those is absurd, even compared to Rick basics.

You could cinch them up with a belt and you'd definitely have a dress.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• shdws
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                          my problem with silent tees is that they are not a true black but an onyx color and look like a faded black so it's hard to match them with other items that are a true black without them looking a bit out of place. was there ever a season of silent where the black was a true black?
                          Hi Messenoire

Isn't that a good thing :/, I always find a faded black adds dimension IF worn alone, gives off that (I don't give a flying cow what you think) epic look. Having said, I have a draped hood scarf which is BLACK, I think from very first season? still organic as well <3

I love my silent tees, best things to thrash ever, One of my fav is my draped neckline tee I got and its the best for wearing to festivals without having to worry if it gets wrecked, and its still in good condition, somehow.

The sizing is pretty consistent imo so far (if we talking about the same cut, just dif colour), its just forward may be off by like 1 or 2cms (but think about it sometimes when you measure such a stretchy item, slight pull here and there adds a lil in measurements), Oki-ni has measurements as well.

Faust There is no point in getting Silent wear if your going to cut it short I reckon, might as well go for a a normal over sized tee of any brand, unless what your looking at has a unique quirk to it.
                          Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• soulshui
                            • Nov 2011

hmm... was wondering what's yohji smallest size in pants? thinking of them so much recently

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

^ generally, size 2.

Comment

• MoFiya
                                • Sep 2007

I am a true 46 and ordered a Sz.Small in these which fit me perfect. Therefore: go for a Sz.M.
                                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍