Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosenrot
    • Aug 2010

Did I mention Rick is not very generous on the shoulders? I always come back with some degree of shoulder and neck discomfort after a long day in his jackets. Don't mean to burst your bubble but thought you should know.

EDIT: Those were from non-blistered jackets so maybe you'll have a better luck. I've only worn the blistered versions a couple of times.
    Originally posted by Patroklus
    Better too adventurous than not enough
    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• shdws
      • Sep 2011

You make me sound like an alien :/, I'm really skinny but I started exercise that's why my chest got bigger, and my latissimus dorsi kinda filled up <--- BTW worst decision in my life. But i think my measurements are quite norm anyway

Verdandi Thanks for your help in the matter :D

Rosenrot Don't rain on my parade!!!!! but yeah.... thanks for the heads up.

Should there be a thread about sizing help dedicated to men trying on women's and women trying on men's?

Anyway I might take the plunge :/
      Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

Sorry for reposting but can someone please lmk if 46 is the smallest RO size for leather jackets?
        46 = xs?
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• magic
          • Feb 2009

44 leather is the smaller for SS2012.
          Focusing on object details

Comment

• Urthwhyte
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post
            I was actually looking at the same jacket the other day, albeit in a 42/44. If your lats are as large as you say they are I think the sleeves would be more of an issue than shoulders.

I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the construction of those sleeves is the same as the drkshdw jacket I have:

and they are *slim*. I would get all the measurements and compare to the smallest jacket you have.

Length will probably be fine, though waist suppression on someone with 11" of drop is probably going to be off, as others have mentioned.

In keeping with the theme of men asking sizing about women's clothing, how does Pugh's womenswear sizing work/fit? I was looking at some tanks at layers and I'm wondering if they're like to fit a size small like the jackets I've seen.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

SHDWS, I am also a 38 chest with a very narrow waist and I have a few size 48 (women's!) RO Lilies basics; they're super tight and if the fabrics weren't as stretchy it would be impossible to wear them comfortably. The jackets must be even worse
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                • Oct 2011

^

The Lilies sizing isn't different than mainline is it? I've a women's tank in 38 that fits properly aside from being a bit too closely set in the neck and I'm a true 44 (~15.75s2s, 16.something p2p).

Comment

• Fenix
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by shdws View Post

Don't do it...not because the sizing won't work but because you will look ridiculous in it.
                  Originally posted by hausofblaq
                  Grow up.

Comment

• coro
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                    Is 46 the smallest size available for current season RO leathers?
                    Yes, but 46 fits a 44...

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                      Don't do it...not because the sizing won't work but because you will look ridiculous in it.
                      That's a function of the sizing not working.

Comment

• shdws
                        • Sep 2011

Hmmm

son of a beachhh I was just about to purchase until i looked back here....

You guys/girls really think a guy won't be able to pull it off, Idk in my weird mind I imagine it looking so good :/

Size is my barrier, if it stretches like no tomorrow Mr Kard, then it could work, maybe?

Ohhh Fenix did you try it on? is that why you think so.
                        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                          • Oct 2011

I think it would work fine on a guy...just not one with large chest and shoulders.

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

Has any one experience with the womens Rick Owens Shorts?

My waist is 29", usually a XS in DRKSHDW. All sold out now, so thinking of getting a 42 in the womens line, any one been down this road.

Thanks!

Comment

• shdws
                              • Sep 2011

I'm not large..... I'm just athletic build, I am trying to slim down.

Like in saying so anyway in terms of sizing, the LN-CC guy has a shoulder of 20inches across (that's WIDE LOAD) and wears rick leather measuring 18 across.

So I was just guessing based off those images and measurements I would have the women's rick biker jacket fit similarly and it would look similar to how the jacket sits on his shoulder, i.e the seam sitting just shy from the actual edge of his shoulder.

IDK, how tight is too tight???

EDIT: LOST53 Go to theoutnet or net a porter it has all the measurements you need. I bought XS and Small short and skirt respectively and I wear said shorts/skirt with waistband level at top of hip bone, like 31 inches i think.

Urthwhyte this should help you:
                              Shop for Gareth Pugh Sleeveless Top in Silver & Grey at FWRD. Free 2 day shipping and returns.

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

Why don't you just buy it retail and return it? And then you could try finding it on eBay or sth
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎