X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Sizing help

it looks pretty lightweight to me, is it actually warm? i realize its a cotton/wool jacket but i assumed it was light. hm, now it's really tempting.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]it looks pretty lightweight to me, is it actually warm? i realize its a cotton/wool jacket but i assumed it was light. hm, now it's really tempting.
      [/quote]

the wool version is warm, can't vouch for the cotton one though.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

I'm still not sure which version I tried on now, but it did seem a little light for a full-on winter jacket - more than a blazer, less than a parka.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

how about raf sweaters? i've only tried his blazers and his sizing seems to be regular- although the knit sweaters seem to be very fitted- can only skinny ones wear them? could you perhaps size up if they run really skinny and they'd still fit well?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]how about raf sweaters? i've only
            tried his blazers and his sizing seems to be regular- although the knit
            sweaters seem to be very fitted- can only skinny ones wear
            them? could you perhaps size up if they run really skinny and
            they'd still fit well?
            [/quote]

If you are thinking about
            those on Yoox from last winter - they are superskinny. I did not
            try the ones he did for this season, but they looked true to size on
            the runway.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

yep. last winter's knits looked great. probably can't wear them though :\

Comment

• mass
                • Sep 2006

would it be safe to say their jackets/suits generally run true to size (for reference)?

i've been looking at this cotton blazer on yoox
                http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RAF+SI...2097_7_3_1B_70

i'm just going to wait for the fall stuff to go on sale though since it doesn't seem particularly special. heh.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

in my experience yes, raf blazers run true to size.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

anyone familiar with harnden shoe sizing? i forgot what my size is in him. is it pretty standard uk sizing or is it more like poell sizing (2 sizes off)?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]anyone familiar with harnden shoe
                      sizing? i forgot what my size is in him. is it pretty
                      standard uk sizing or is it more like poell sizing (2 sizes off)?
                      [/quote]

Johnny should know, he has a lovely pair of shoes by PH.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• amojojo
                        • Oct 2006

women's sizing

I could use very general sizing help myself - I tend to find things that work for me by pure luck and I'd really rather start doing some research before looking. I'm small but solid at 5'1", usually a size 2 or S, 25-27 in jeans depending on whether I want to be able to sit down. It seems as though Rick Owens jackets/sweaters are always going to be too voluminous for me, even though I really love how they look. On the other end of the spectrum, Marc Jacobs fits well but makes me look like an 8 year old. Are there women's designers who you would say are safer for a smaller frame?

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Re: women's sizing

Aha, here's the sizing thread, sorry I couldn't find it earlier. Feel free to delete my other post Faust, it wouldn't let me. Here's my question, some of it was kinda answered earlier in this thread, but if anyone can add to it that would be great:

I remember there being some questions here and there about her sizing, but searching through the forums I can't seem to find them, so thought I'd start a new thread.

Can anyone tell me how her shoes run? I've heard the aloharag sale is coming soon, so I wanted to be prepared to snap up those silver sneaks on sale. I wear a 10 in most brands (prada, miu miu, helmut lang) which must run bigger than the typical american sneaker because for the longest time I thought I was an 11. My Dior sneakers are 42.5 and they are almost too snug, if that helps for comparison purposes.

In general do her clothes run big or are they all over the place? I'm wondering if I would want a 38 or 36 in her jackets. 36 in Dior is perfect, but I have a Jil blazer that is 38 and slim, most cheaper brands I end up with 36 though (h&m, benneton etc.). Thanks for any help, I wish I could try these on, but for now aloharag is my best bet.
                          music

Comment

• macuser3of5
                            • Sep 2006

Here are my measurements, may borderline on TMI:*

Chest: 38"
                            Waist (right below navel): 31"
                            "Posterior
                            " at largest point: 36"

I'm about 5' 9-10". By American standards, I'm 'small' and a size 9.5 in shoes. I'm usually a 48/38 in EU sizes, but I've found pants can be hit or miss, depending on cut. Here are the forum-relevant brands I am familiar with:

Costume National: 48 for pretty much everything (blazers, shirts, jackets, pants) and a 8 1/2 for shoes. The dress shirts are fairly slim in the chest and tapered in the arms, so if you're a bit larger than my measurements, I would size up or you're probably going to get a bad, too-tight fit. This goes for the pants as well.
                            Margiela: Usually a 46 in the relaxed fit pants, 48 in slim-cut pants.
                            Helmut Lang: 31 in jeans, 48 for jackets, 8 1/2 for shoes. Medium in casual shirts.
                            Alexander McQueen: 48 for dress shirts, no surprises here... I will say, though, the shirt I purchased (can be seen in the recent purchases thread) fits AMAZINGLY. Slim, high armholes with straight sleeves, nicely shaped silhouette. Strongly recommended.
                            Neil Barrett
                            : Medium in shirts and casual blazers.
                            Orlando: A brand I came across on Yoox, bought a one-button peak lapel blazer in a size 48. This thing is cut small, no joke. Makes Dior Homme look fat in the waist... I can barely close the button. I would strongly recommend sizing up unless you want a skin-tight look.

*I'm drunk, so whatever. [:P]

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]Aha, here's the sizing thread, sorry I couldn't find it earlier. Feel free to delete my other post Faust, it wouldn't let me. Here's my question, some of it was kinda answered earlier in this thread, but if anyone can add to it that would be great:

I remember there being some questions here and there about her sizing, but searching through the forums I can't seem to find them, so thought I'd start a new thread.

Can anyone tell me how her shoes run? I've heard the aloharag sale is coming soon, so I wanted to be prepared to snap up those silver sneaks on sale. I wear a 10 in most brands (prada, miu miu, helmut lang) which must run bigger than the typical american sneaker because for the longest time I thought I was an 11. My Dior sneakers are 42.5 and they are almost too snug, if that helps for comparison purposes.

In general do her clothes run big or are they all over the place? I'm wondering if I would want a 38 or 36 in her jackets. 36 in Dior is perfect, but I have a Jil blazer that is 38 and slim, most cheaper brands I end up with 36 though (h&m, benneton etc.). Thanks for any help, I wish I could try these on, but for now aloharag is my best bet.

[/quote]

Shoes run one size big. Her clothes recently got slimmer, but not always. They used to run regularly, but it seems that she maybe bowing to the market a little (or maybe she just changed her view, who knows). I'd say get your normal size.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

what size would i need in the cloak fw04 trenchcoat if i'm a 48?)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎