Thread: Sizing help

Quick question about CCP scarstitch sizing. I generally take an M/48 in older RO leathers, and a size 50 in the newer seasons.

Generally need a 17.5" shoulder, 20" chest. Would i be able to fit into a sz 46 Scarstitch? I know measurements can be deceiving sometimes.

Is there conventional wisdom around how scarstitches fit? I've seen people go true or size down.

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by solographik View Post
    Quick question about CCP scarstitch sizing. I generally take an M/48 in older RO leathers, and a size 50 in the newer seasons.

Generally need a 17.5" shoulder, 20" chest. Would i be able to fit into a sz 46 Scarstitch? I know measurements can be deceiving sometimes.

Is there conventional wisdom around how scarstitches fit? I've seen people go true or size down.

Thanks for any help!
    you need sz 48 for fitted look
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbreed View Post
    CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatas View Post
    you need sz 48 for fitted look
    Ty dalamtas - will keep this in mind!

Does anyone know how the FW15 version of the ma+ ninja turtleneck fits? I assume it fits a size small but wanted to make sure.

how do Guidi sidezips fit compared to the backzips?

rule of sizing is the same as the backzips, about going one up, in my experience.

How do BBS tejanas fit? The leathered armed ones... Wondering if their best oversized as an M on an S or tight as an S on an S?

Quote Originally Posted by GucciAmen View Post
    How do BBS tejanas fit? The leathered armed ones... Wondering if their best oversized as an M on an S or tight as an S on an S?
    For older seasons I sized up 1 (what I normally do for BBS tailored or leathers), but for newer seasons I have a friend who had to size up 2, which is also my experience for SS16 tops.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfedora View Post
    For older seasons I sized up 1 (what I normally do for BBS tailored or leathers), but for newer seasons I have a friend who had to size up 2, which is also my experience for SS16 tops.
    I purchased a J1 from BBSNY and had to size up to XXL when I'm normally L/XL.

Thanks guys, I'm convinced!

uh depends, ss15 was tts , fw15 was tts, ss16 is one up size

(for me)
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Hi all can someone familiar with this piece (RO Cyclops long sleeved funnel neck sweater cashmere) assist me with the sizing? If I am a 46 in RO should I get XS for that intended fit?

And perhaps someone who have handled it could share if this sweater tends towards the rigid or soft side? Thanks in advance :)
    Last edited by nonomomo; 06-02-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Default Rick Leather lowtops

anyone have an opinion on current season mainline leather lowtops

I find Rick's sizing all over the place depending on season

I'm usually a 42, but in the past 42's been too small, had to size up to 43

any help greatly appreciated
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

hrmmm, high tops seem true to size this season (as well as boat sneaks), haven't tried the low sneaks from mainline though - just the DRKSHDW variants.

FWIW - those are definitely true to size as well.

-

Quote Originally Posted by nonomomo View Post
    snip

Can't say with that design for sure, but the knits I've tried on this season were fitting very small, so I would size down at least one for safety.

They typically advise this even at the showroom, so I kind of presumed that was general advice with regards to his knits.

(So yes, an XS will probably do you well).

-

@curiouscharles : thx man

yeah i got a pair of island dunks, stupid cheap, and they were TTS

I had opposite experience with DRKSHDW variants, they were definitely running small, at least the lowtop I got a pair of corduroy cloth ones, way small.

Or I could just get off my ass and go down to the Rick store and try them on... small advantage of living in nyc
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

Quote Originally Posted by david s View Post
    @curiouscharles : thx man

yeah i got a pair of island dunks, stupid cheap, and they were TTS

I had opposite experience with DRKSHDW variants, they were definitely running small, at least the lowtop I got a pair of corduroy cloth ones, way small.

Or I could just get off my ass and go down to the Rick store and try them on... small advantage of living in nyc
    ah, a convenience I only ever had for a brief period of my life (living in London for a bit).

was weird for me though because I couldn't afford any of it at the time, so avoided visiting boutiques out of fear of being a showroomer of sorts.

hrmm, yeah I'm speaking of the waxed canvas variants, which are true to size - similar in sizing to the non-waxed canvas from this, and the last few, seasons at least.

haven't tried these corduroy ones, although I never saw those in the showroom either - are you maybe just thinking of the cotton "canvas" ones? (non-waxed, actually more of a heavy twill than anything)

-

^ Thanks curiouscharles. I decided to go with the OS turtle sweater instead but thanks for the info :)

these ones

i guess they are kind canvas backed corduroy fabric, horrible little shoes, very uncomfortable

heard rumor that his shoes manufacturing gets bid out to lowest bidder to keep profit margins up, so there is inconsistency in production, more so on the DRKSHDW side
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

shall i size up from my regular size for the rick shearling?
    im looking for a rick bauhaus shearling, and i wear 48 in regular rick leather, shall i size up to a 50 for the shearling? btw does bauhaus fits bigger than other rick leather? thanks guys