Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rei
    • Oct 2011

I'm a 44 and went for 45 back zips. They are quite snug but I feel a size bigger would've been too much. Dunno about the lace ups, read somewhere that they fit a bit different.

Comment

• okayvin
      • Sep 2013

The backzip sizing co-depends on the height of your instep. I sized up by one and there is a small amount of slippage because I have a low instep. It is difficult to tell without trying them on. The lace-ups give you more room for error since you can adjust the laces.

Comment

• okayvin
        • Sep 2013

Does anybody know how Dolce & Gabbana boots fit?

Comment

• Gandgx
          • Jun 2013

A1923 cropped leather jacket

Guys, any ideas about how small the newer collection of A1923 cropped leather jacket runs- one or 2 sizes? I am a size 50 in CCP, wondering if 52 or maybe 54 would work.
          Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Gandgx View Post
            Guys, any ideas about how small the newer collection of A1923 cropped leather jacket runs- one or 2 sizes? I am a size 50 in CCP, wondering if 52 or maybe 54 would work.
            Any help is appreciated.
            I'm not sure if it has changed for this season but I am a 50 in CCP and went with a 52 last season. The arms are ridiculously slim. Still very tight when sizing up in my case.

The leather may make a difference as well. Mine is llama and there is almost no stretch.
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• 8bpc
              • May 2010

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
              The backzip sizing co-depends on the height of your instep. I sized up by one and there is a small amount of slippage because I have a low instep. It is difficult to tell without trying them on. The lace-ups give you more room for error since you can adjust the laces.
              Helpful facts. Do you have any instep high measurements to help? Can anyone else add to this as far as sizing Guidi backzip?

Comment

• Gandgx
                • Jun 2013

A1923

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                I'm not sure if it has changed for this season but I am a 50 in CCP and went with a 52 last season. The arms are ridiculously slim. Still very tight when sizing up in my case.
                The leather may make a difference as well. Mine is llama and there is almost no stretch.
                Thanks J! This one is Llama as well. Would you be like a 40 chest and 34 waist?

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
                  Does anybody know how Dolce & Gabbana boots fit?
                  Wrong forum.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• okayvin
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
                    Helpful facts. Do you have any instep high measurements to help? Can anyone else add to this as far as sizing Guidi backzip?
                    You should try getting measurements in your size from SZ, SuFu or SF. Maybe try the classifieds section. The sellers should be happy to give you their measurements.
                    Last edited by okayvin; 10-28-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• fireflygrave
                      • Aug 2012

Does anyone have experience with these viridi-anne boots?

The pair I'm looking at is size 3 with a 32 cm outsole. I'm a US 10/EU 43 generally. It looks like these should fit but I was just wondering if anyone had them before and could offer some more specific information. Thanks!
                      put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• okayvin
                        • Sep 2013

The height of your instep could potentially be a problem for anything that does not have laces.

Comment

• fireflygrave
                          • Aug 2012

Okay, now I just think I don't understand how shoe size works at all :/

I've finally got enough disposable income to get a quality pair of boots, and I want to size them right. So, I measured my actual foot, which is 27.62 cm (10.875 in) long and 11.18 cm (4.4 in) wide.
                          I look through some shoe size charts, which put me between a 10.5 and 11. Cool.

Then, though, I go look at the shoes in my closet and their sizes. Unfortunately, I don't own any boots. Anyway, I wear an 8.5 or 9 in chucks (which I have heard run a size big), and a 9.5 in Vans (which run true?), with approx. 1.25 cm of extra room in the toe in both. Ok, US 9.5-10.

I go to Wikipedia and look up shoe size. The article states that "The inner cavity of a shoe must typically be 15–20 mm longer than the foot, but this relation varies between different types of shoes." So, 1.5-2 cm, about how my Vans fit.

If I go by wikipedia and only leave 15-20 mm of space in the toe, then my shoe size is 9.5. If I go by my foot measurement, it's 11. :fu:

Am I just used to wearing my shoes too small? Are boots meant to have nearly an inch of extra space in the toe? What if the boot has a wide toe?

Mostly, I'm frustrated because I've been looking at a pair of boots, which by one measurement, they should be perfect, while by the other, they are too small. If it's relevant, the shoe has a wide rounded toe, and the upper of the boot is basically flush with the sole. The outersole measurement is 31 cm. Even if I assumed that the material of the boot walls was an entire centimeter thick on toe and heel, that still gives 29 cm on the measurement, room to spare according to Wikipedia. Or am I being dumb, and need schooling on how boots work? Is outsole measurement worth anything at all in trying to size boots?

Help very very much appreciated.
                          put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• Fenix
                            • Aug 2010

I believe you may be over thinking it a bit.
                            Originally posted by hausofblaq
                            Grow up.

Comment

• ibringdoom98
                              • May 2013

Outsole measurements can be an unreliable indicator of fit, especially when trying to compare brands. It'd be best to try things on in person that interest you before taking a large risk on an online purchase. I will say that I personally like having extra room in my boots and don't mind too much if I size up from my standard shoe size.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

fireflygrave, I happen to be very close to the same foot size as you, 27.8cm. I consider myself a 9.5-10 US, 43 EU and thats what I wear in most shoes. size charts can be way off or vary a lot, both in terms of measurements and correlation between US/EU/UK/etc sizing.

your example of a shoe with a 31cm outsole and a round toebox thats flush with the sole sounds like it should fit. I can usually wear shoes that have a 30cm outsole in this type of shape, in more pointy toeboxes it can be 31-33cm.

But as said measurements, whether its outsole, insole or whatever, are tricky. Outsole measurements can help if you are familiar with different shapes and how they work for you, but nothing is certain until you try the particular shoe on.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎