• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: women's sizing

[quote user="xcoldricex"]what size would i need in the cloak fw04 trenchcoat if i'm a 48?)
    [/quote]

Depends on how you want it to fit. If you plan to layer stuff underneath, then M.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]what size would i need in the cloak fw04 trenchcoat if i'm a 48?)
      [/quote]

Small would be too tight unless you're going for the ultra-slim look (only a tee underneath too). I second Faust comment, get a medium.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="casem83"]Aha, here's the sizing thread, sorry I couldn't find it earlier. Feel free to delete my other post Faust, it wouldn't let me. Here's my question, some of it was kinda answered earlier in this thread, but if anyone can add to it that would be great:

I remember there being some questions here and there about her sizing, but searching through the forums I can't seem to find them, so thought I'd start a new thread.

Can anyone tell me how her shoes run? I've heard the aloharag sale is coming soon, so I wanted to be prepared to snap up those silver sneaks on sale. I wear a 10 in most brands (prada, miu miu, helmut lang) which must run bigger than the typical american sneaker because for the longest time I thought I was an 11. My Dior sneakers are 42.5 and they are almost too snug, if that helps for comparison purposes.

In general do her clothes run big or are they all over the place? I'm wondering if I would want a 38 or 36 in her jackets. 36 in Dior is perfect, but I have a Jil blazer that is 38 and slim, most cheaper brands I end up with 36 though (h&m, benneton etc.). Thanks for any help, I wish I could try these on, but for now aloharag is my best bet.

[/quote]

Shoes run one size big. Her clothes recently got slimmer, but not always. They used to run regularly, but it seems that she maybe bowing to the market a little (or maybe she just changed her view, who knows). I'd say get your normal size.

[/quote]

Silver shoes are one size too big if I remember correctly. I tried them on so I'm pretty sure. As for the rest I'd say yeah Faust is right and knows his AnnD better than me. If it helps I'm a 36 in pretty much everything and a XS in AnnD aside from a few exceptions.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="amojojo"]I could use very general sizing help myself - I tend to find things that work for me by pure luck and I'd really rather start doing some research before looking. I'm small but solid at 5'1", usually a size 2 or S, 25-27 in jeans depending on whether I want to be able to sit down. It seems as though Rick Owens jackets/sweaters are always going to be too voluminous for me, even though I really love how they look. On the other end of the spectrum, Marc Jacobs fits well but makes me look like an 8 year old. Are there women's designers who you would say are safer for a smaller frame?
          [/quote]

Go japanese!!! I like knits from that girl who works with Rei Kawakubo but her name escape me at the moment very much on smaller girls.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Re: Sizing help

[quote user="kucejoe"]I have a question about Carol Christian Poell sizing for shirts. I am usually around a 46 (a small or sometimes even a medium) and I also like stuff to be fitted, even skinny, but not too tight.
            [/quote]

Everything I've tried from him (aside from shoes) was true to size except a very dark jeans jacket where I looked fine in a 48. The cut made me look buff for some reason, but in a good way. WhatMs really important is that you realize that his leather jackets will stretch and mold to your body after a while. You may feel like you need to size up at first but that's a mistake you shouldn't make.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="amojojo"]I could use very general sizing help myself - I tend to find things that work for me by pure luck and I'd really rather start doing some research before looking. I'm small but solid at 5'1", usually a size 2 or S, 25-27 in jeans depending on whether I want to be able to sit down. It seems as though Rick Owens jackets/sweaters are always going to be too voluminous for me, even though I really love how they look. On the other end of the spectrum, Marc Jacobs fits well but makes me look like an 8 year old. Are there women's designers who you would say are safer for a smaller frame?
              [/quote]

Go japanese!!! I like knits from that girl who works with Rei Kawakubo but her name escape me at the moment very much on smaller girls.

[/quote]

Tao?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tao?

[/quote]

Exactly! Leave it to me to forget a three letter name [:D]

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

I don't know what the outlook on his work is, or if anyone here would have any experience, but does anyone know how Henrik Vibskov's shirts run? Now that they're on sale at aloharag, I'm tempted to pick up two, but they're only available in medium. I wear a small-to-small-medium in most things, so if anyone would happen to know if they run on the small side or more or less true to size, I'd really appreciate it!

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]

I don't know what the outlook on his work is, or if anyone here would have any experience, but does anyone know how Henrik Vibskov's shirts run? Now that they're on sale at aloharag, I'm tempted to pick up two, but they're only available in medium. I wear a small-to-small-medium in most things, so if anyone would happen to know if they run on the small side or more or less true to size, I'd really appreciate it!

[/quote]

From my experience they run true to size, so they maybe a little big on you. Maybe you can ask them for measurements?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

yohji boots? big/small/true?

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

What size are the boots being advertised as, and what size is marked in them? Yohji shoes are sized many different ways. Those that come in European sizes are pretty true, but I'm not sure if any of them do any more. The ones sized only in standard Japanese sizes (23-28) or in Yohji's own sizes (1-5) are erratic and differ between the Y's and mainline stock. As a bit of a guide, I am a 44 and I can usually comfortably fit into Yohji's biggest size (5 or 28) length-wise. But his shoes can be very narrow. There is a beautiful pair of washed leather boots with a zip up the back in the current Y's collection. The London Yohji boutique hasn't been able to sell a single pair in any size, because noone fits into them width-ways.

The trouble is, the shoes are made by different manufacturers in different countries. For example, my ponyskin creepers were made by Church's, are marked as a 44, and fit exactly as you would expect.

I haven't helped much, have I!

Comment

• cbdas
                          • Oct 2006

What are the coats from FW06 by Ann demeulemeester like ?
                          Im a 46 in a jacket , so would a small be a good fit ?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="cbdas"]What are the coats from FW06 by Ann demeulemeester like ?
                            Im a 46 in a jacket , so would a small be a good fit ?
                            [/quote]

Yes.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Can one of you guys with a girlfriend/wife tell me how Ann Dem pants run? Are they cut very slim in the legs?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Can one of you guys with a girlfriend/wife tell me how Ann Dem pants run? Are they cut very slim in the legs?

[/quote]

Except the famous wool/leather leggins I haven't seen a skinny pant from Ann (and thank our lord Jesus for that).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎