• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: The Comme des Garçons "Universe"

Yes, baby!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
      • Jan 2008

Figaro Japon

Photography by Sarah Moon

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
        • Jan 2008

Crash Magazine

Photography by Sarah Moon

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Buckwheat
          • Sep 2006

Nice pics! Thanks.

Rei kawakubo on Youtube. There are 6 parts of it. In Japanese. Not sure if people have seen them.

Very interesting to see collections from the 80s and RK in the video. Especially when she came out after the show and then wanted to hurry back to backstage. Almost like she was going to fight with the model :) and the always mushroom head and big sunglasses :)

Comment

• cpaik
            • Nov 2007

I love the interior design on the guerilla stores as well as the facades on the permanent stores. Does anyone know who's behind them? I've always been a big fan of wonderwall (however ostentatious their stuff is) and would love to find out more names in the business.

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Thank you so much for that link Buckwheat, I am watching it now!

Too bad I can only catch about half of the dialogue. It is really great to see some of the older collections. Rei looks she is a person with strong character.

And those are wonderful pictures, becoming-intense.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Buckwheat
                • Sep 2006

you are welcome Avantster.

It's great to see footage of people working in the studio. Makes me wonder what it is like working for Rei Kawakubo. A boss who doesn't speak much :)

Comment

• oliviervdroo
                  • Jan 2008

Rei will design a collection for H&M. It should be in store by mid-November 2008.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

pathetic
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

^does that mean you won't camp out with me? [70]
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]^does that mean you won't camp out with me? [70][/quote]

sorry [51] you know i love you, but you are on your own here.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

If you reconsider, I will bring you the best camp snacks you've ever had. [73]

Seriously, I can't say I'm shocked by this...the rumor has been flying around for awhile. Will be very curious to see what she comes up with.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

PARIS ?
                            For its next designer collaboration, H&M is trying on something
                            avant-garde for size and teaming up with Japanese fashion maverick Rei
                            Kawakubo.

A
                            one-time Comme des Garçons for H&M collection is slated to launch
                            in early November as the Swedish fast-fashion giant opens its first
                            stores in Japan: a 10,000-square-foot unit in Tokyo?s Ginza district
                            and a 16,000-square-foot location in hyper-trendy Harajuku. An
                            international rollout will follow.

Kawakubo
                            ? acclaimed for a fearless, experimental approach to fashion ? will
                            design H&M fashions for women, men and children, as well as
                            accessories and a unisex fragrance.

H&M
                            has sparked shopping frenzies for its annual designer collaborations
                            with the likes of Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, Viktor & Rolf
                            and Karl Lagerfeld.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gerry
                              • Feb 2008

I'm not sure how I feel about the H&M + CDG collaboration. CDG is special to me because even if there were random holes in my shirt, a sleeve hanging off my back, and half a dress falling out of my pants, all the clothes still felt really solid. It was as though everything they were was entirely purposeful. It seemed as though the fabric was made just for every piece. Perhaps in part because of that... they became special. That's what separates CDG from the hundreds of random street shops in Hong Kong selling skirts with tubes coming out of the back (though admittedly, I do have one of those). I'm not sure if H&M could capture that.

Also, does the CDG market really intersect with that of H&M's?

Faust, how do you feel about the entire "massclusivity" thing?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Ok, here is what I thought about when I said that this is pathetic. I am sick and tired of our culture being gripped by postmodern notions of wallowing in bad taste, of camp (with very few exceptions), of self-deprecating humor, of that irony-with-a-smirk, of rebellion-as-embracing-consumer culture, of that it's-so-bad-its-good, of mediocrity-as-the-norm, and Rei has been embodying all that in the past years. This collaboration only epitomizes that. "Look at me, I am doing the same as Madonna, but I am smart and artistic, so you KNOW I am doing it with the sense or irony, wink-wink." Don't make me puke, Rei. Oh, too late... Rei is the new Vivienne Westwood. You heard it here first.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎