X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genevieveryoko
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by tweeds View Post
    it stems from her exhibition here in San Francisco, which blew me away, but at the same time really pushed an enormous amount of text at me that resulted in this disconnect.
    that's Vivienne Westwood for me. I have to keep rereading my Claire Wilcox book, and then I remember...she still rocks!
    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• tweeds
      • Sep 2006

i was barely conscious when that exhibition that the Wilcox book accompanied opened at the V&A in London, what was it, 2004 or something? real shame.
      SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• sammywaslow
        • Apr 2008

Same wording as Faust's label posted earlier, a little more legible ...

chalayan

Comment

• Rowan_Oliver
          • Nov 2009

I didnt really like his SS2010 womens collection, there were some really nice pieces in it, but i dont think i liked it as a whole. maybe it was just the styling...

Comment

• vero
            • Jun 2010

This interview was in Hussein Chalayan: from fashion and back.

The menswear with all the labels from A/W 2003? He was inviting you guys to meet him at Heathrow at a specific time, and only one person showed up!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ Thanks for posting!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikevigar
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by vero View Post

The menswear with all the labels from A/W 2003? He was inviting you guys to meet him at Heathrow at a specific time, and only one person showed up!

I picked up one of his jumpers from that collection on ebay a few years ago, its much too big so I've never worn it unfortunately though. Still learning a lot about fashion I found this concept really fascinating as a way the designer can connect with their followers - really creative to build it into the clothes and a shame from the sounds of it that owners of the pieces didn't really follow it through.

One distinctive thing I've found with some of these designers discussed on sz is that there's more of a connection between the designer and the customer (e.g. damir coming out to speak to customers in his Paris location adn these examples with HC) which I guess comes from the designer being much more involved in what is produced rather than mass-production like you'd find with more mainstream brands.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

thought it would be funny to post this in archives but it truly belongs here. really amazing piece. does anyone know if hc did the latex garments as well or just the egg capsule?
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                    • Jan 2008

Photography by Richard Averdon.

Carmen Kass and Audrey Marnay, Dresses by Hussein Chalayan, New York, May 1998

Carmen Kass and Audrey Marney In The Hussein Chalayan Fall 1998 Collection, New York, May 1998.
                    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

that first picture from the neck down is cool. I dont know what it is, but I hade cone/egg shaped things, particularly heads.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

I know we have the wood bodice posted already; a couple of additional images here, considering who & what.

sain't

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

who ever thought wood could be so sexy? channeling crash in an inadvertent way too.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I just saw the entire Chalayan book in its digital preview. Holy crap, it will be amazing.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

^When is it hitting shelves? I just might have to buy it. People here talk about Altieri and CCP, but IMO Hussein Chalayan is the best designer ever. His dedication to innovation is amazing.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Should be out in September.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎