• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ute Ploier

I stumbled upon the name while looking at Surface mag. I thought the current collection was decent, a little bit like Cloak, although not as distinct. It's interesting to note that the designer is female but only does menswear. Pretty cool!

http://www.uteploier.com/onemanshow/index.html

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Re: Ute Ploier

I've got a pair of pair of black plus-fours--what I believe you Ameircans call knickers--from Ute. They are made of jersey tracksuit material and I absolutely love them. I only bought them because they were so cheap in the sale at B-store a couple of years ago, but the cut is beautiful with clever cutting around the pockets and I wear them all the time. I haven't seen many of her other clothes but I always look out for them now.

Comment

• butbeautiful
      • Sep 2006

hey, i think there's something weird about the pasted url in this forum isn't it? it does direct take me to the link but instead to the forum page.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="butbeautiful"]hey, i think there's something weird about the pasted url in this forum isn't it? it does direct take me to the link but instead to the forum page.[/quote]

It is strange, I just pasted another link and it's doing the same thing. I'll figure it out. For now you can copy and paste in another windowl

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mic
          • Sep 2006

i liked some pieces very much. as you said faust its similiar to Cloak with the sci-fi/futuristic elements..

what is the pricerange and does anybody know if its available online?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

hey guys

my first post here

these threads are really nice and the quality content is superb thanks faust!!

ive been looking at utes stuff

and i think there is a lot more good coming out of her...

and cloak is going downhill..im surprised that u find it cloakish faust..

i see a lot of raf influence... not surprising considering he was her teacher at the

university of applied arts in vienna..

i was looking at her collection on the totem website a while ago...i liked some of the pieces

im sure they are better in person...

[/quote]

Welcome! Nice to see you here. Hmm, I see more Cloak than Raf in the last collection. More aggressive than Raf usually is (except his two overtly rebellious collections). Raf clothes are usually pretty refined, contrary to popular belief. Cloak is more raw and rough and that's what I see here.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎