X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Number (N)ine

this is an older pair i believe, similar style.

Comment

• Monty76
      • Sep 2006

Ok so i bought them today... and here are the pictures...

and i also bought his pleated shirt

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Very cool, Monty. I like the boots, congrats!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkanimal
          • Sep 2006

Great purchase, glad you finally gave in! I own the SS06 boots, I assume they are similarly light weight as the past season.

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

Yeah they are definitely surprisinglylightweight... the problem i am having now is that i bought so much number nine stuff this season, and they all match so well together, i dont know how to avoid being a fashion victim and going out dressed head-to-toe in number nine... i will avoid it as much as possible however...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Monty76"]Yeah they are definitely surprisinglylightweight... the problem i am having now is that i bought so much number nine stuff this season, and they all match so well together, i dont know how to avoid being a fashion victim and going out dressed head-to-toe in number nine... i will avoid it as much as possible however...[/quote]

No shame in that. Designers show complete looks for a reason [;)] It's not like it says "Number (N)ine" in big letters across your chest and down the pant leg.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monty76
                • Sep 2006

yeah i guess your right, i guess its better than wearing all dsquared, and number nine is definetely less recognized than dior homme... so shouldnt be that noticable. .. thanks

Comment

• darkanimal
                  • Sep 2006

Hey Monty76, have you gone all black in your wardrobe? This collection has influenced me a lot. I've been a black snob. Even my jewelry should be jet black, now it's spreading, I'm even going to change my bed covers, towels and maybe paint my dresser black. Hhahah! I'm going crazy!

Comment

• Monty76
                    • Sep 2006

^ HAHAHA... yeah its happening to me too... not as serious in my case, ithasnt spread to my towels or my bed covers quite yet... but definetely my clothes and jewelry.... the skull necklaces from this collection are pretty cool... i like the mattefinish of theblackmetal and i likehow the skulls are so detailed that even thier jaws move... however im not really that into wearing skulls on my neck... and i have been looking at this cartier black onyx ring for while, would go awesome with my new number nine wardrobe ahahha...

Comment

• Monty76
                      • Sep 2006

I bought these wool mitten/gloves today..

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

How much did you pay? I was considering them myself, actually.

Comment

• Monty76
                          • Sep 2006

^ They were USD65...

Comment

• dontbecruel
                            • Sep 2006

At that price, I would have bought them too.

The Japanese price on the pic you posted is 5,250 (i.e. about $50) but
                            I think in Browns in London they were something like £70 ($140). I just can't
                            bring myself to buy n(n) or Undercover here because the
                            prices are so horribly marked up. Yohji/Comme/Issey are usually 2 x
                            Japanese price in the UK (bad enough) but n(n) and Undercover are
                            always at least 3 x the Japanese price, which makes them totally
                            unrealistic for the sort of kid-oriented clothes they are. Who buys
                            them? From what you're saying it sounds like the prices aren't quite so astronomical in the states. Does that go for Undercover too?

Comment

• Monty76
                              • Sep 2006

I am actually in Hong Kong... the prices here for number (n)ine are usuallyabout a20% markup over the japanese prices...

I cant believe thatBrowns marked up the gloves so much i guess with accessories stores can really put whatever price they want on them...

However, I have noticed that Undercover is marked up way more in the UK than number (n)ine... (judging from the prices on browns' website) i would say number (n)ine is marked up on average 20% over Hong Kong prices, in the UK... Undercover however has a markup of about 80% over Hong Kong prices...

I totally understand the fustration... i will be moving to England next week and be living there for the nextcouple years... so i pretty much have to swear-off any japanese brands for the nextwhile... thats why i am pretty much going crazy buying number (n)ine and undercover before i leave...

Comment

• darkanimal
                                • Sep 2006

Prices in NYC are double of what they sell in Japan. Of course I knew that much later on after buying tons of stuff from the store here. Since then I have hunted them on Yahoo! Japan. Same with Undercover prices. I did a little comparison with prices in the UK vs the US, if you are a traveller getting a VAT refund, the UK prices are slightly lower than the US. Once you know the reality of prices in Japan, it's really hard to buy them at twice the price, unless you are really desperate and in love with the piece... which hasn't happen to me yet, thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎