Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonathanStrange
    • Aug 2008

but season in season out (in the main Ebisu store at least) there is always a good portion, i'd say 40%, that the core customer can go back to update his N(N) wardrobe, no matter how wacky the directional stuff is. Taka does a pretty good suit for the price too, I think.

^ As true as this may be, the 'wacky directional stuff' turns me off of the label altogether! Might work if you're Michael Alig & a club kid from the 80s but doesn't resonate with '09 imo
    "Skinny like me," in 1977 she decided to go underground and live incognito among the thin.

Comment

• reborn
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by JonathanStrange View Post
      ^ As true as this may be, the 'wacky directional stuff' turns me off of the label altogether! Might work if you're Michael Alig & a club kid from the 80s but doesn't resonate with '09 imo
      I thought the whole N(N) aesthetic was "rock and roll" driven. I mean there's music bar- ribbon as part of the waistband on all the trousers and jeans too (I think). Personally, I love their streetwear (here come the boos). Yes, I am streetwear fan. Anyway, their t-shirts are well made with little details (vents in the arm), reinforced seams, etc. The stuff that doesn't work for me are the costume pieces: remember the guns-n-roses bike shorts!

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JonathanStrange View Post
        ^ As true as this may be, the 'wacky directional stuff' turns me off of the label altogether!
        yup, thats the beef I have with them.. I know they usually have quite a bit of stuff beside the runway collection, but coked up peter pan just kills the whole image and makes me not want to buy anything from a brand that can come with such a shitty runway collection.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          yup, thats the beef I have with them.. I know they usually have quite a bit of stuff beside the runway collection, but coked up peter pan just kills the whole image and makes me not want to buy anything from a brand that can come with such a shitty runway collection.
          Mike, you remind me of myself sometimes
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

whats up with the n(n) store in ny? I wanted to swing by there just out of curiousity, but no one was home. tried ringing the door bell.

on a side note, after seeing parts of the brokeback collection in stores, I found this t-shirt by oh(no) to be quite ironic and funny.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

They are a rare breed, closed on Tuesdays. CDG closed on Mondays (they follow the gallery schedule, I suppose)
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I think I went there on thursday, around 2-3 in the afternoon

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

strange

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sep 2008

yeah, in ebisu they are closed on thursdays.....there's a reason but i can't remember right now.

Comment

• 951SoCal
                      • May 2010

has anyone ever seen this before?

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

im interested.

Comment

• morsto
                          • Nov 2008

4 posts - 4 threads that should not have been created.
                          You're on a roll son
                          I do not recognise the vessel,
                          but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

It would be nice to see, but can you stop making new threads? Use the damn search button. And resize your images to 640 x 480.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 951SoCal
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                              4 posts - 4 threads that should not have been created.
                              You're on a roll son
                              I didn't see this thread.

And look at thedate of the last post......If it wasn't a new thread, you guys would be bitching about bumping an old thread..........

Comment

• random
                                • Dec 2007

i think we need a "read before post" thread pinned in each subforum
                                I don't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎