X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atom
    • Sep 2009

That's a photo from MoMu's Black exhibition, right?

Simply stunning.

Comment

• im_parfait
      Banned
      • Oct 2010

I have a pair of "Undercover Co, Ltd." pants from Japan. Is it the same brand as Undercover(ism) or a sort of "Abibas"?

Comment

• azrael0_0
        • Jan 2011

i never see most pieces before, it's too hard to fine..

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ these inane replies won't get you anywhere, buddy. quit before it's too late.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ittalidaa
            • Aug 2009

posting an editorial featuring jun's scab collection in i-D magazine. can' help but feel nostalgic about the darker undercover.

http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Those patchwork jeans are entirely made by hand. That's just mental.

P.S. Been enjoying my superdestryed jeans immensely!!!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ittalidaa
                • Aug 2009

^ ah, insanely jealous. i would not refuse the dress pant version with ripped knees. i realised that imagehost resized the interview. please click on this link for a slightly larger version.
                http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

ショートショートフィルムフェスティバル & アジア2011桐生プログラム作品名:『MIRROR~a Documentary film of UNDERCOVER~』監督:永戸鉄也制作国:日本あらすじ:2011年3月2日、パリ。UNDERCOVER デザイナー高橋盾は、3年振りのショーをおこなった。如何にデザインし...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ochre
                    • Sep 2009

YES

It seems to have a nice sensibility to the editing as well.

Comment

• syed
                      • Sep 2010

Undercover x Uniqlo for later this year and 2012. Seeing as +J has come to an end (and has been getting more rubbish by the season), and Uniqlo have been cutting down on end quality and increasing prices, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Hopefully there should be something nice though
                      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• ashveil
                        • Jan 2011

I'm a little disappointed by the collaboration mainly because i think it really marks the change in Jun, he seems to be contradicting himself quite a bit, and with recent collections there hasn't been enough to tie them together.

A-list, celebrity, chic, collections, concierge, design, designers, fashion, first class, gossip, hotel, jet set, luxury, models, New York Times, restaurant, runway, shopping, style, T Magazine, travel, Men's wear, Women's wear

A few months ago, you relaunched Nowhere — your first retail experience from about 15 years ago, in collaboration with Nigo — at Dover Street Market in London. It seems that everyone is doing collaborations these days, including Rei Kawakubo with her almost simultaneous teaming with Louis Vuitton & H&M, and now Jil Sander for Uniqlo. What do you think of those?

"I find their collaborations far too business-oriented. In the early ’90s, when there was no such thing as a category called collaboration in the fashion industry, I worked with Nigo just because we were very good friends and wanted to create something purely out of interest. We just enjoyed working together without thinking of our activity as business. Under the current difficult economic situation, such collaborations between the big maisons have impact. But to me, they seem to lack a pure intention to pursue something for fun or creativity. In other words, their collaborations are productive only in terms of business. If you ask me whether or not I’m interested in such kind of collaboration, my answer would have to be “no.”"
                        I also distinctly remember reading an interview in iD i think, where he said he'd never make a basic logo'd t-shirt or something. I'm sure he did in the Uraharajuku days but he's doing them now, just another example.

I still find good items i want to wear in recent UC collections but it doesn't feel like he's as passionate about clothes anymore (probably more interested his other creative outlets). I guess business comes first with UC now. A bit cynical maybe, but the concept being AW11 Mirror gives an opportunity to just make items that fit a trend without appearing to sell out. I think there'll be some good stuff with the Uniqlo collab however, but if it's just standard Uniqlo quality i don't think i'll want to buy anything.
                        Last edited by ashveil; 07-15-2011, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by syed View Post
                          http://blog.honeyee.com/jtakahashi/a...07/15/-un.html

Undercover x Uniqlo for later this year and 2012. Seeing as +J has come to an end (and has been getting more rubbish by the season), and Uniqlo have been cutting down on end quality and increasing prices, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Hopefully there should be something nice though
                          I wouldn't hold your breath. Hey, at least maybe we can get some GILA tshirts cheap!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
                            • Sep 2010

I know, it's a bit of an empty wish. But I'm hoping there will be at least one or two basics that are interesting enough to buy - approach it like it is high street (which it is) I guess.
                            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ashveli View Post
                              I'm a little disappointed by the collaboration mainly because i think it really marks the change in Jun, he seems to be contradicting himself quite a bit, and with recent collections there hasn't been enough to tie them together.

A-list, celebrity, chic, collections, concierge, design, designers, fashion, first class, gossip, hotel, jet set, luxury, models, New York Times, restaurant, runway, shopping, style, T Magazine, travel, Men's wear, Women's wear

I also distinctly remember reading an interview in iD i think, where he said he'd never make a basic logo'd t-shirt or something. I'm sure he did in the Uraharajuku days but he's doing them now, just another example.

I still find good items i want to wear in recent UC collections but it doesn't feel like he's as passionate about clothes anymore (probably more interested his other creative outlets). I guess business comes first with UC now. A bit cynical maybe, but the concept being AW11 Mirror gives an opportunity to just make items that fit a trend without appearing to sell out. I think there'll be some good stuff with the Uniqlo collab however, but if it's just standard Uniqlo quality i don't think i'll want to buy anything.
                              I actually think that his company is not doing well, so the business-first philosophy might be simply fighting for survival. But, yeah, agree that he's been floundering a bit. But the latest collection looks good!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

I could see the uniqlo thing being okay if it's anything like the Undercover x Nike stuff which is great, but that's mostly on account of the materials so definitely not holding my breath.
                                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎