Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Undercover / Undercoverism

That is a good question. I'd imagine he will continue to do what he does, just on a smaller scale.

I am thinking that UU wasn't just about money, but more to get the name out.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Took a look at the current collection in Japan. Selection was surprisingly small and mainly just t-shirts. There were maybe a couple of pairs of pants and a handful of shirts and jackets. I hate to say it because I really like what Jun has done in the past, but the future for undercover really is not looking good.

And the future of the search on Yahoo Japan auctions for Undercover looks even worse.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Undercover Store Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by garbage_queen View Post
    Undercover Store Tokyo
    Please do not repost photos on the same page
    I saw this when I was in Tokyo. Freaked me out at first, then I thought about the effort required to cut out all those eyes. Either way, I was really impressed by it; didn't even realise it was Undercover at first.

can anyone id the season that this was made?

“Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Here is a three-part video I recorded in 2009 at Pitti Uomo in Florence, of Jun Takahashi making the Gila doll, with live music by Atsuhiro Ito.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

And, related to the above, I unearthed my long profile on Jun Takahashi. Enjoy.

http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/magaz...r-man-1.296567

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Fantastic read, thanks so much for that!

You are welcome!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

happy to see end clothing will soon be stocking undercover with a few pieces from the Television collection. Actually saw them live a few months ago during their tour

Supreme x Undercover: I confess I am tempted...
    http://www.supremenewyork.com/news
    ...by the black trench, maybe the bondage pants (hopin' these won't be large on the legs) and the t-shirts

While I think this may be the coolest collaboration yet, are you really going to wear an expensive coat that says Anarchy Is the Key?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I know I shouldn't: "Coherence is the Key"...
    Also (paraphrasing the best quote ever) "Being a hypebeast punk is nothing. Being an old punk, that's something."...
    And -maybe- Supreme is also capitalizing on Undercover's old allure...

But -damn- tees are still tempting!

I actually dig the sweatshirt (for wearing around the house). I mean, who DOESN'T want something with a teddy bear with a loose screw in his head?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I really liked that collection, but I wouldn't want any of it for the ridiculous premiums people are gonna charge to buy it from them.
    "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Damn, I don't know which evil force made me do it, but... today, I've bought the black trench!

Really can't give any explanation to myself: maybe, just the stupid uncontrollable desire to be the first in the world to have it...

Shame on me, like ODB says:

How did you swing that, being in Italy and all?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine