kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: Yoox

[quote user="macuser3of5"]

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/ISSEY+...722A/areaid/36

It's only $55! Any takers? :D :D :D

[/quote]

Buy it and paint it black.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

codes anyone? happyweekend was posted on some sites but doesn't seem to work.

edit: 6% cashback is available at ebates and is more reliable than the site i previously mentioned www.ebates.com

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

happyweekend code is working! 5% off.

you can combine that 6% off when buying through www.ebates.com (more reliable than the site i said before, since i've used ebates.com before. you can put my email address as a referrer (xcoldricex@comcast.net) or sign up through the link above if you'd like and we'll both get $5 credit to our accounts. faust if this is out of line just edit my post.)

so you get about 10.7% off in the end. better than nothing!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

happyweekend code is working! 5% off.

you can combine that 6% off when buying through www.ebates.com (more reliable than the site i said before, since i've used ebates.com before. you can put my email address as a referrer (xcoldricex@comcast.net) or sign up through the link above if you'd like and we'll both get $5 credit to our accounts. faust if this is out of line just edit my post.)

so you get about 10.7% off in the end. better than nothing!

[/quote]

Meh - no police here. [:)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I can't wait for yoox to start marking down things. My dream box is getting too full! I seem to remember them marking some things down 10-20% well before sales in the past. There's a pair of boots I really want that are $350 now, but I'd really like them to get below $300 before I take the plunge, but there's only one left so I worry they'll be gone.
              music

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

Yoox.com is one of the more visible sites in online fashion. The
                Italian-based designer/discount e-store has branded its site with
                futuristic graphics, been an ardent advertiser on online and offline
                platforms, and has generally parlayed a banal idea into a sexy
                e-commerce play. Now the company has begun to diversify by having
                fashion-forward brands design exclusive collections for its site and
                then promoting them offline (as it did in Paris this season for Jeremy
                Scott in conjunction with Colette). We spoke to founder and CEO
                Federico Marchetti to find out how he determines his strategic
                alliances, where the emerging markets are, and exactly who Yooxes.

JCR: The discount sales identity of YOOX is quickly
                being supplanted by its latest incarnation as a collaborator with the
                underground design world, tell us about this direction.

FM: yoox.com started as a fashion e-tailer, working
                directly with designers and brands to select the best of last season
                and allow these pieces to have longer lives. Then, along with some
                fashion mavens like Polly Mellen and Holly Brubach, we began the YOOX
                Vintage project, which brought the best pieces back from the past. Now,
                through the Wild Bunch, we are concentrating on designers that do
                exclusive collections for yoox.com, all based on central themes that
                they choose. Jeremy Scott elected to comment on the tabloid culture and
                how it is all-consuming — why not take it one step further and wear the
                tabloids?

JCR: Jeremy Scott and Bernhard Willhelm are press
                darlings, but they're not all-day-long selling lines. Why is YOOX not
                more commercial-minded with its collaborations?

FM: The Wild Bunch project really tries to give
                designers a voice not suffocated by commercial concerns. We want these
                designers to do what they do best, create. yoox.com picks these
                designers and supports their capsule collections as art forms, which do
                very well in the end because they are one-of-a-kind collector's pieces.

JCR:
                Who accesses yoox.com?

FM: Two million people per month from all over the world
                visit yoox.com. This is what makes it so exciting for designers and
                brands, especially those without massive infrastructures. Through
                yoox.com, fashion is united around the world, and that is why we try to
                pick Wild Bunch designers from different countries, so the other side
                of the world can enjoy the styles that they do not normally have access
                to. yoox.com is about finding what you can't find elsewhere.

JCR:
                Tell us about the initiative wherein you'll host Marni's e-commerce site.

FM: With six years of experience, YOOX has set up a
                worldwide e-commerce operation that not only ensures the best customer
                service from Greece to Canada, but also maintains the superior brand
                image of each designer we sell. We have been working with Marni on
                yoox.com for a long time and they do extremely well. Seeing the power
                of the internet and the way we respect their brand, they asked us to
                build their own e-commerce system to sell their present collection at
                full price. Since we launched Marni.com, it has already exceeded
                expectations.

JCR:
                yoox.com is on a massive tear to expand its global reach, what do you see as the strongest emerging markets at this time?

FM: Japan is growing at an incredibly fast pace. I think
                it is due to the type of product and customer service yoox.com offers.
                Our Japanese clients are very sensitive to new products, capsule
                collection, and rare-to-wear, and we offer plenty. In Europe, Spain is
                also growing. This is the reason for launching a new collaboration with
                Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, a selection of products exclusively for
                yoox.com that will be online by the end of November.

JCR:
                What are some of yoox.com's upcoming projects?

FM: We just worked with Tom Ford and Colin McDowell on
                the Fashion Fringe event in London, for which four finalists from a
                huge pool of up-and-coming designers throughout the UK were chosen to
                show their collections. Chosen by Ford, the winner, Gavin Douglas, will
                be producing his entire s/s 2007 collection, and yoox.com
                will launch it exclusively throughout the world. It is a massive step
                for a designer who didn't have any distribution to now be making his
                first full collection for YOOX's fashion-savvy shoppers.

JCR:
                What is the greatest challenge in online fashion sales?

FM: The greatest challenge is keeping up with all the
                projects that we set out to do. We have big aspirations to continually
                create new things and support new initiatives. That, coupled with the
                complex international operations is quite a tiring job, but well worth
                it!

This interview was conducted by Jason Campbell

jcreport interview

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

paypal@yoox for free shipping when paying with paypal apparently.

not sure if happyweekend for 5% is still working or not.

don't forget 6% cashback when you click through www.ebates.com (see post above)

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

the paypal one doesn't work, but happyweekend does!

just got a few things in the sample sale. [:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

the paypal one doesn't work, but happyweekend does!

just got a few things in the sample sale. [:P]

[/quote]

This sample sale is a hoax! They did not lower prices, but now you can't return the items you bought. Booo!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

Really, Faust? I've actually never seen either of the things I got on the site before....they were quite cheap anyway, so don't feel too bad!

I can't bring myself to spend a lot if i can't return.

that's not nice of yoox, anyway....isn't that illegal?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Really, Faust? I've actually never seen either of the things I got on the site before....they were quite cheap anyway, so don't feel too bad!

I can't bring myself to spend a lot if i can't return.

that's not nice of yoox, anyway....isn't that illegal?

[/quote]

It's possible that they mixed in unsold things from old sample sales and took current things that are on sale. Is it illegal? No, not really. Advetising is rarely illegal - advertising is not an offer, but an invitation to make an offer, believe it or not (mental note, must stop asking Mrs. Faust about law).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

god that was a waste of time, i should've check the thread before i was looking for deals. got the sample sale email and was excited, went through all the good designers and was just like... ok the prices didn't drop and this is all in the s/s collection. that was terrible.

so it seems like anything on sale now can't be returnable? that's terrible terrible news...

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

the aforementioned paypal code isn't working anymore.

happyweekend 5% off may still be working.

welcome@yoox.com for free shipping

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

wow yoox just got infintely worse.

so they charge you $5 return fee on EACH item you return. it used to be $8 for the entire order. not to mention you can't return anything that is discounted anymore. what the hell?! my shopping at yoox is going to dwindle down to almost nothing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎