• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yoox

[quote user="casem83"]I'm really happy that there is some Helmut Lang in the new S/S section. I thought they were done getting HL in at yoox, but now there is still hope of picking up a few pieces from seasons past. Although if the current Helmut Lang selection is anything to go buy, they will mostly be very basic items in odd sizes, or the crazy items that didn't sell (chaps anyone?).[/quote]

That's exactly what it'll be, probably. After Helmut left, Prada manufactured basic stuff for two seasons. Total crap.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

PERFECTGIFT@YOOX 15%off on FW. with free shipping, pretty good deal.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kucejoe
        • Sep 2006

Both the 15% and the free shipping end on Nov. 30. Is it likely that they will discount stuff even more at that point or w/ the code, is it a better deal now? I have no experience w/ yoox so I don't know how they stagger their discounts.

Oh, one more question, do you get charged customs when you order fromm yoox (I'm in Canada)?

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

no you don't get charged customs. if its coming from abroad they usually send it to their warehouse in the country you're in or sometimes they'll send it to you but there are no customs fees (it states it on their site somewhere- and i've gotten numerous things sent from italy with no customs - so you should be fine). you never really know with yoox- i'm surprised that there was a coupon code this early in the discounting cycle- so you're already getting 23.5% off. but you can wait it out and see.

i'd say most of the better deals/things will be gone by the 30th as a lot already sold out on the initial 10%.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

some new s/s up

and good news, cashback has been increased to 9%!!! i'm surprised no one has signed up yet, sure it takes a few months to get your money back but 9% is a lot when you're buying $300+ things!
            www.ebates.com for 9% cashback (when you sign up please put xcoldricex@comcast.net as a we'll both get $5)

cheers

Comment

• djrajio
              • Sep 2006

Shit that's a better return then the average hedge fund this year. Too bad I can never find anything I like on Yoox...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]Shit that's a better return then the average hedge fund this year. Too bad I can never find anything I like on Yoox...
                [/quote]

Do you think it's a problem of having to wear a suit 5 days a week? That's what I've found about myself. At least these days business casual is the norm and I try to strecht it out a lot, but still - if you can only wear jeans 2 days a week, I find myself wanting one BEST pair.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

some new s/s up

and good news, cashback has been increased to 9%!!! i'm surprised no one has signed up yet, sure it takes a few months to get your money back but 9% is a lot when you're buying $300+ things!
                  www.ebates.com for 9% cashback (when you sign up please put xcoldricex@comcast.net as a we'll both get $5)

cheers

[/quote]

So is it like 9% monthly on what you've got 'saved' through cashback or whatever, or do you just recieve 9% of your purchase back? I'm signing up either way.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• djrajio
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="djrajio"]Shit that's a better return then the average hedge fund this year. Too bad I can never find anything I like on Yoox...[/quote]Do you think it's a problem of having to wear a suit 5 days a week? That's what I've found about myself. At least these days business casual is the norm and I try to strecht it out a lot, but still - if you can only wear jeans 2 days a week, I find myself wanting one BEST pair.[/quote]
                    Actually not really. WhenI'm dead tried from the previous day, I don't want to worry about what I'm going to wear. Suits are like a man's armor, they always look good, are timeless, and are no-nonsense/easy to put on.In fact, recently I'm finding myself getting drawn to the entire Satorialist / smart-business Italian suit look recently.While I also love avant-garde/niche fashion as well, Ihope from a maturity standpoint my look will evolve and refine itself to something more gentlemanly.I also want to pursue an MBA and perhapswork in private equity in the future (hopefully with a focus in retail)and I know from a business perspective, it might be more prudent for me to have a balance of smart business clothing; probably leaving the avant-garde for the club/cocktail night out. I also used to find myself wanting the one BEST of something but personally I've come to the realization that if you're always looking for the best, you'll never be satisfied since they'll always be something better, so now I'm more focused on developing my own look (my idealized me) and using specific pieces from various designers to achieve it. I guess that's why I don't have an alliegence to any one/few designer(s)...

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

apparently it was a mistake- its back to 6%. :(

you get 6% cashback - much like the cashback credit cards out there today. so you spend $500 and you get $30 put into your account. they send out checks/paypal deposits only every few months so you don't get it back right away unfortunately... but you still get your money eventually.

best way to make sure your click through purchase gets detected is to add everything to your cart that you want. then close out of your browser. go to ebates.com, login, search for yoox- and click on the 6% link- it'll open up yoox in a new window. then just checkout- a few days later you should get a notice (3-5 days usually- they say it takes up to 30 days) saying you got $ in you account. if you dilly-dally after clicking through, your purchase might not always get sensed by ebates- as i found out unfortunately, luckily it was just for a pair of pants though.

Comment

• drexl
                        • Sep 2006

Another sample sale going on, mostly last spring's stuff marked down about 70%? Again, slim pickings for guys...

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Further markdowns on yoox F/W. Tracking says they recieved the Raf items I returned a couple days ago so they should be back up soon if anyone is interested in them at the newly reduced rate.
                          music

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

prices were cheaper with the 15% coupon than they are now... gotta wait for the next round of markdowns :P

Comment

• dontbecruel
                              • Sep 2006

I can't see any further markdowns casem. Everything is still showing about 10% off the original price. Which items have you seen marked down further?

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Well everything in my dreambox is cheaper then is was yesterday. But xcoldrice is right, if you used the 15% coupon a week or so ago you could have had the same discount, it's just now it's marked down without the coupon.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎