Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Good finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good finds

NOTICE: Good finds is NOT for promoting your own items, regardless of whether they are sold here or anyplace else. Posting your own sales here may result in banning.

Here's how the good finds work:

1) You only post items you're not interested in.

2) If someone post an item you were interested in or now are, just
    say so and sometimes they'll remove it or you'll have quite a lot of
    posters who'll let you have it.

3) If someone calls dibs on an item you've posted feel free to remove the link to help them out.

4) When two people want the same thing it could be a good thing to
    PM each other and find a resolution so you end up paying less. You
    often find out that you're two different sizes and that if it doesn't
    fit you there'll be an happy member who'll buy it back from you at a
    great price.

I saw it starting already in the recent purchases thread- so why not make a thread devoted to things you come across that may be a good deal for someone else.

this CCP leather jacket (46) is up on y! japan auctions now. if it was a 48 i would've snatched it up already.

Default Re: Good finds

woha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cult-Iconic-ANN-DEMEULEMEESTER-Buffalo-Boots-FW03-1000_W0QQitemZ270027137783QQihZ017QQcategoryZ55779 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ann must run VERY big in shoes? my converse is like 24.5 cm from heel to toe and thats a size 39 and they run big. and this shoes have almost the same measurements. maybe i can do it?

i hope its allowed with ebaylinks..

[quote user="mic"]

woha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cult-Iconic-ANN-DEMEULEMEESTER-Buffalo-Boots-FW03-1000_W0QQitemZ270027137783QQihZ017QQcategoryZ55779 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ann must run VERY big in shoes? my converse is like 24.5 cm from heel to toe and thats a size 39 and they run big. and this shoes have almost the same measurements. maybe i can do it?

i hope its allowed with ebaylinks..

[/quote]

I don't know if these are the right measurements she gave. I have these in womens size 39, and I am a size 7 US in mens shoes. Great find, btw! Yea, ebay links are allowed, I don't see why not.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

ops i missed you mention your normal shoe size.

yeah i will ask her for measurements.

thanks

too big for my girlfriend. anyone?

paul harnden mary janes

anyone wear a 45.5 (probably around a US11.5) in cdiem shoes? there's some linea boots for $500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carol-Christ...item3a8b31ea45

New CCp meltlock dead end sz48 on bid now,take chance,sadly not my size

It's a bit damaged, but the price is very low.

link

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

I saw it starting already in the recent purchases thread- so why not make a thread devoted to things you come across that may be a good deal for someone else.

this CCP leather jacket (46) is up on y! japan auctions now. if it was a 48 i would've snatched it up already.

[/quote]

I'm a 46 and the price is good, not feeling it though, looks too "organic" for me (just like most of CDiem and CCP so if you're a fan and size 46 go for it)

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

yep i'm on that :)

[quote user="xcoldricex"]yep i'm on that :)
    [/quote]

Looks great but unless the measurements were badly taken it'll be too tight for you....38" chest as measurements = your chest has to be 36" at most....and that's a tight fit for shirts. But since it's a size 48 I'd just ask for more precise measurements to make sure it'll fit.

BTW shouldn't it be "sui generis" not "siu"? My latin is a little bit rusty but still...

PS: I just noticed you might have been talking about the Poell pants, if that's so go for it, as I mentionned before while I find his presentation fascinating, I'm divided about the end result (i.e. the clothes) but some of his pieces are truly interesting and this is one of them.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

I agree Fuuma, I usually expect a 48 to measure up at around 20" pit to pit, trousers at 32" waist etc etc. But Raf clothes often do measure up smaller than that, except where the clothes are deliberately oversized, whereas Margiela, for example, often runs larger than expected. Who knows what benchmark these designers use for the sizes on the labels?

good point on the shirt. i'll ask the seller.

as far as the poell pants, i'm not sure how they'd actually come off- the waist in the front looks a bit too high?

oh and yes, its sui thanks ;)

Yoox claim that this number (n)ine vest is made of "100% fur". What do you people reckon? I am perversely drawn to it!

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/NUMBER...521K/areaid/36

if you like it and think you can pull it off, by all means.

i couldn't do it, i don't think i'd want to either though.

Just because its N(N) doesnt make it worth buying...its ugly and unwearable in my opinion.

I know it's faintly ridiculous, but to me it's ridiculous in the right way and I'm not a number (n)ine devotee by the way. I'm not so much of a monochrome fan as I think most of you people are, and have a thing about a shot of red in my wardrobe.

In any case, my real question is what you all think it's made of. Listed as 100% fur but looks like dyed shearling to me.

<edit> just seen your post Faust, which appeared as I was writing this. Are shearlings classified as fur?

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

I know it's faintly ridiculous, but to me it's ridiculous in the right way and I'm not a number (n)ine devotee by the way. I'm not so much of a monochrome fan as I think most of you people are, and have a thing about a shot of red in my wardrobe.

In any case, my real question is what you all think it's made of. Listed as 100% fur but looks like dyed shearling to me.

<edit> just seen your post Faust, which appeared as I was writing this. Are shearlings classified as fur?

[/quote]

Bottom line is, if you like it, go for it. You can always return it. I would classify shearling more as leather, but I would also classify Yoox as incompetent. I can't be too sure from the pictures, though.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Yoox claim that this number (n)ine vest is made of "100% fur". What do you people reckon? I am perversely drawn to it!

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/NUMBER...521K/areaid/36

[/quote]

Pervert! LOL, just kidding. It could be a shearling.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine