X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • designersheep
    • Oct 2006

Re: Good finds

I was looking around the OWN magazine posted on the 'history' thread, and found an interesting item from their store.

Xescape wrinkle leather jacket $450

I don't own any leather and I've never even seen any CDiem or CCP leather items in person, so I shouldn't be the one to judge here, but from the close-up photo, the leather itself don't look as good as most of the beautiful ones posted around this forum. The overall slim blazer-like cut is quite interesting though, and I like the way the side pockets are naturally opened on the first photo there.

Comment

• dontbecruel
      • Sep 2006

There are lots of people here I thought might like this: brand new number (n)ine leather jacket about to end, and the seller has dropped his starting price once already. Sounds like he's keen to make a deal...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Number-Nine-leather-jacket_W0QQitemZ130040102711QQihZ003QQcategoryZ299 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

There are lots of people here I thought might like this: brand new number (n)ine leather jacket about to end, and the seller has dropped his starting price once already. Sounds like he's keen to make a deal...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Number-Nine-leather-jacket_W0QQitemZ130040102711QQihZ003QQcategoryZ299 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[/quote]

Someone interested could probably get it for a very good price....nice.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

Well I hope that pays off for someone. Anyway... in The Loft, a second hand shop on Monmouth Street in Covent Garden, I spotted a REAL FIND (for the right person). It's a Raf Simons overcoat from this season (AW 06/07). It's a complex, multi-layered thing a bit like a tailcoat with a straighter coat buttoned inside of it. Very dark slate/black wool, I'd guess the size at about a 48-50, although I couldn't find a size tag. Price is £200. This shop's usually a rip-off, but I reckon this is pretty good for a £1200 coat that's probably been used once in a photo shoot and sold on by the stylist. This would be mine, but I have to save my pennies to buy the Raf coat I really want in the DSM sale. Anyway, I think this is the coat they have at The Loft...

<edit>Now I'm wondering if I should have bought this for myself after all!<edit>

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

you can get it for me if its a 48!

Comment

• dontbecruel
              • Sep 2006

Coldrice, I'm planning to go back on Thursday to have a better look at it (and get my girlfriend's opinion) if it's still there. I think maybe to get to the size label you have to unbutton the inner coat and look underneath, or maybe if it was the one made for the runway there is no label (it does have the Raf AW 06/07 label in the neck though). I'll let you know. Has anyone seen this coat in the shops? Here's another pic, which I think is the same coat with the inner portion removed.

I was originally hoping to buy the coat below in the sale, but even if it is still around, it'll cost three times as much (I might not be able to afford it anyway). And the tailcoat idea could be pretty sharp. Opinions?

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Looks really good, price is high but low for what it is....and ultra-low for London. The thing is long jackets like thataren't something you wear a lot unless you're planning to incorporate them in your look so see if it gels beforedropping 200 pounds on it.

BTW are the sales good at DSM?

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

I think last winter pretty much everything went to at least 40% off. I may have misremembered though. I didn't make it to the summer sale (it seemed to end quite early).

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Won the carpe diem shirt leather shirt today and some Jomons (45rpm natural indigo) too.

*And there was much rejoicing, yay!!*

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

you struck gold. lucky bastid. :) hope you like both as much i like mine.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Congrats, Fuuma!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks guys, now let's hope both fit me well.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

A pair of Kato jeans for $58. From what I know they are a quality Japanese denim maker, Nigerian cotton, selvege, blah, blah, the whole nine yards. I personally don't like how these look, but it may work for some. I've seen Kato jeans selling in $300 range, so I thought I'd post. Maybe SuperFutureans here can correct me if I said something wrong, I know fairly little about denim.

yoox

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

these are the higher quality ones.

Comment

• threerepute
                                • Sep 2006

http://www1.yoox.com/item/YOOX/MARTI...061B/areaid/36

martin margiela 22 ankle boots. these need a good home.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎