X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: CCP leather jacket

Well.. I think that Irricht and Joey bought it already.. I am sure you can ask their opinion before you buy it... I think irricht is pretty happy with his purchase. i know Joey just bought it but tried it on at A.. so obviously it is an amazing piece... and you can wear it for a LONNNNNNNNG time. Bear in mind that the prices are going up every season and no discount (Man.. sounds like I am working for CCP or one of those retailers! LOL)

I am still deciding whether I should buy it or not as well.. but I am like 80% sure.. yes the price is a big issue.. which has been greatly discussed before. I am just slowing building up my CCP collection.

Comment

• kronik
      • May 2007

Re: Junya fall 05 womens jacket

<mumbles> ...goddamned .. voices of reason.. <mumbles>

Faust, honestly I was looking at it from the standpoint that Casius mentioned - a piece to build a wardrobe from. My wardrobe still will remain mostly prep/"corporate world appropriate" though I can see adding pieces here and there that could fit in with my aesthetic. I thought this jacket would be one of them. Granted, the overlock leather jacket would probably be a better fit with likely greater longevity but.. I really like this one? :(

Honestly, this isn't something I'm going to be able to try on. Atelier doesn't have it in my size and I can't get to the West to try on a jacket. It doesn't go on sale, forget the fact that it's like 2k more in the US, and the supply is low. I feel like I've been hook, line, and sinkered in all seriousness. Talk about successful marriage of design and marketing.

I'm not buying the jacket immediately (don't have the cash for a bit) but I did want to gauge opinions on a contingency plan. It ain't looking good.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

Well.. I think that Irricht and Joey bought it already.. I am sure you can ask their opinion before you buy it... I think irricht is pretty happy with his purchase. i know Joey just bought it but tried it on at A.. so obviously it is an amazing piece... and you can wear it for a LONNNNNNNNG time. Bear in mind that the prices are going up every season and no discount (Man.. sounds like I am working for CCP or one of those retailers! LOL)

I am still deciding whether I should buy it or not as well.. but I am like 80% sure.. yes the price is a big issue.. which has been greatly discussed before. I am just slowing building up my CCP collection.

[/quote]

I was a bit too late ordering the 50 from Lazzari myself [:'(] I placed the order but to Joey and I's dismay, it had already been sold!

After finals this week and next, I'll have time to sit down and track me down one in a size 50.... worst case scenario it'll have to be through A. It's such a sick sick piece. I know I'd wear it all the time.

Kronik, it's definitely not a starter piece. Especially at that kind of pricing. You can find other ways of easing into the Continues/CCP/etc. world that aren't such a big hit on the wallet. Like others have said, you really should handle some of this stuff in person, try some of it on in person before you commit that kind of money. it may or may not suit your personal aesthetic. I know that CCP/Continues for me can for the most part be worn together with brands like Rick etc. but it's all got a very distinct look to it that you should think about before you drop that kind of cash. $5.8k can buy you a LOT of other ccp/continues/rick. If you're just building a new wardrobe in that design vein I'd buy a bunch of other staples before a jacket like that....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kronik
          • May 2007

Perhaps where I'm missing something is the price from Lazzari is
          approximately 2700 eu and when I went through the checkout process, it
          seemingly did not charge for shipping which puts it at significantly
          less than the Atelier retail. In addition, a leather jacket should be
          able to be worn with most anything, provided you're not a slave to a
          "particular" look, which I'm aspiring not to be. I'd get significantly
          more use out of a leather jacket than a leather sportcoat, tank tops,
          or t-shirts. You may think I'm trying to convince myself (which I am,
          comically), but I'm not trying to build whole avant-garde wardrobes. A
          jacket, a sweater here, t-shirt there, shoes there... I'm still a fan
          of Band of Outsiders, 45RPM, etc. Just finding my way.

Thanks for all the advice - you guys MAY have convinced me otherwise. ;)

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Shipping is going to be added once you pay, and for the jacket, it's 300 Euro. So it ends up costing $4300 give or take.
            But have you looked into other leather jackets (if this is truly a piece you want)? Rick Owens has maybe 8 different leather jackets, albeit none like the fencing but he has some very cool styles that are somewhat in the same vein as CCP. (Also RO is about half the price or a little less)

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Well.. Kronik, where you at.. FYI Japan has lots of retailers that carries CCP like Mattioti, and Lift... so if you are in Japan you might be able to try it on before you buy...

Comment

• kronik
                • May 2007

Northern VA, USA. About 6 hours from New York.

Comment

• kucejoe
                  • Sep 2006

In a post above, you say that you are just finding your way. With a piece like the one you are considering, I would think that you would want to be very sure that your style does and will mesh well with the jacket for some time to come. If I may recommend one thing, take the time to go to New York and check out the jacket at Atelier (even if they do not have your size, it is worth it to see it in person). In fact, take a look around Atelier. If this is an aesthetic you want to pursue, maybe you will find something else, perhaps something a little more accessible, that strikes your fancy.

However, I must say that I wish I was in a position to even be able to contemplate buying a CCP Fencing Jacket :)

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• H-R
                    • May 2007

i would give the same advice too, take the time to really see the jacket in person and try it on if possible. i, for instance, find that while that CCP jacket has much more superior leather, the cut does not fit me as well as margiela classic biker or the new raf by raf biker. add that to the fact that 1 CCP jacket can get you 2 or 3 leather jackets from other designers. btw, i agree with fuuma, i'll take the margiela biker anytime over CCP

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

On that note; Fuuma and H-R are being blacklisted....

...I kid, I kid. :)

Kronik- You can always go on an excursion to Boston and check out AB and see if they'll have the jacket in your size.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

boston would be further for him! (i think).
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kronik
                          • May 2007

Yep, it would. You guys have given me quite a bit to think about. [:^)]

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

It might be fun though! :) Hey, worst case scenario, you buy it, you don't like it and then you sell it for a little bit of a loss. Or, you can wait a season or two and if you still want it, buy it from that season. I don't think he's going to stop making them any time soon....

Trust me, we here are usually playing devils advocate when it comes to whether people should or should not buy something. :) But I think there's good reason most here have said to really think it over.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

the main reason why i'm buying the jacket, other than the fact that i've wanted it for a while, is the fact that i saw it in person and tried it on. not only did it give me the correct sizing but it also let me see how i would actually like in it to see if it would fit with my style. it's a shit ton of money, so making an impulse decision is something you shouldn't do.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chim
                                • Dec 2006

so on a different CCP tangent, what do you guys think of that womens 40 green overlock that dude is selling on ebay? He refuses to put up real pictures of the product, but the measurements he provides are ridiculously short given the piece. It doesn't match the yoox picture; the measurements he gave pretty much crops the piece at a belly button length.

Is it worth bidding to try to get a steal, or would I most likely be burned?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎