• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: julius jacket

For Casius. I know it's not exactly cheap, but I remember loving it in person.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Divo
      • Mar 2007

Wanted to participate in the Paris proxy request. Currently living in Brussels and once in a while taking a 1-day or longer trip to Paris. Yesterday I went there for some "serious" shopping and witnessed Carol Christian Poell for the 1st time. The fencing CCP leather jacket costs there more than 3900 ?, which is 500 euro's more than at Lazzari (!). Blazers, shirts and leather jackets looked and feltheavenly though, only the price level of these garments is amazingly through the roof. Service at Rue Herold is great though, thumbs-up for that.BTW, the SA told me they wont carry MA+ clothing because of the price points: what a hypocrite attitude ;) Lots of CCP boots, Number (N)ine and a fine collection of Paul Harnden

Moreover, visited Rick Owens (was surprised by its narrow collection, but very nice service) which was kind of a disappointment compared to my expectations. Furthermore I have seen all the shops at Faubourg (with Galliano as biggest disappointment actually together with Maria Luisa). I will follow up with a more detailed descripton, but FYI: I would be able to be aparis proxy once in a while on request.

Take care and hope all is well,

Divo

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Accidently searched for Cloak in women's on yoox and lookey what I found...

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CLOAK/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/360670401B/areaid/36/sts/searchResult
        music

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="ddohnggo"]any parisian proxies?
          [/quote]

LOL, I was going to ask the same thing! After Mike posted about those grey overlock pants, I wanna try and get 'em.

Ionn- Sell the CCP leather trench that is just chillin' in your closet and grab a new jacket! There's no better way to purchase something than to use the funds from a pre-existing piece that wasn't getting worn.

Honestly though, I think the fencing is the most appealing leather jacket CCP makes, there's just nothing like it. I mean even the hooded leather jacket, it's not enough to make it worth 10K (if that is in fact what it is worth). You can just get a hooded RO leather and the fencing and have leather jackets for every occasion!

[/quote]

Yes I think a Parisian proxy would be so awesome..

Cas... Well... I agree that the leather trench is just chilling in my closet... dunno... I was at some point thinking of selling it but my friends convinced me otherwise. Here in China.. it is hard to wear something CCP... without raising an eyebrow. My friend convinced me that my stay in China is only temporary and that when I move to the next job that I should get to wear my CCP. Which what he said is true. I am thinking about moving out of here.. damn sick of everything here.. and on top of it.. I remember that I sold my VOTC ripped black wax jeans.. and it is got to be one of my favourite items.. and now I can not find it anywhere.. *sigh

I think that the hooded jacket by CCP is definitely overhyped by all of us. I mean.. think about it. Retail stores carry speciality items from CCP and they are damn hard to sell. Look at Lazzari's paper/leather bomber. It is still there and they still have even more past season stuff ie overlock in different shape. I personally believe that the leather hoodie will be pretty reasonable(OK someone is going to disagree on this) around the 5000Euro range...

Anyway.. I think I am going overboard with CCP and especially the leather jacket.. now I want the Julius one too as well as Neil Barrette ones...I really should be shot...

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Yea, I really like leather jackets as well, they're just so versatile! So I don't blame you for wanting a few. You planning on moving back to the States? Thank God I don't have a dress code at work! :)

Well, once Eastern Market gets the hooded leather jacket in stock, I'll let you know the price.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"][quote user="Casius"][quote user="ddohnggo"]any parisian proxies?
              [/quote]

LOL, I was going to ask the same thing! After Mike posted about those grey overlock pants, I wanna try and get 'em.

Ionn- Sell the CCP leather trench that is just chillin' in your closet and grab a new jacket! There's no better way to purchase something than to use the funds from a pre-existing piece that wasn't getting worn.

Honestly though, I think the fencing is the most appealing leather jacket CCP makes, there's just nothing like it. I mean even the hooded leather jacket, it's not enough to make it worth 10K (if that is in fact what it is worth). You can just get a hooded RO leather and the fencing and have leather jackets for every occasion!

[/quote]

Yes I think a Parisian proxy would be so awesome..

Cas... Well... I agree that the leather trench is just chilling in my closet... dunno... I was at some point thinking of selling it but my friends convinced me otherwise. Here in China.. it is hard to wear something CCP... without raising an eyebrow. My friend convinced me that my stay in China is only temporary and that when I move to the next job that I should get to wear my CCP. Which what he said is true. I am thinking about moving out of here.. damn sick of everything here.. and on top of it.. I remember that I sold my VOTC ripped black wax jeans.. and it is got to be one of my favourite items.. and now I can not find it anywhere.. *sigh

I think that the hooded jacket by CCP is definitely overhyped by all of us. I mean.. think about it. Retail stores carry speciality items from CCP and they are damn hard to sell. Look at Lazzari's paper/leather bomber. It is still there and they still have even more past season stuff ie overlock in different shape. I personally believe that the leather hoodie will be pretty reasonable(OK someone is going to disagree on this) around the 5000Euro range...

Anyway.. I think I am going overboard with CCP and especially the leather jacket.. now I want the Julius one too as well as Neil Barrette ones...I really should be shot...

[/quote]

You did WHAT?! I'm gonna ban your ass! [66]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
                • Feb 2007

I know Faust.. I know ... [70] [70] and more [70]

so now I really think twice when I get rid of my stuff

Comment

• badseeds
                  • Mar 2007

To go with the RO pants Les was wearing....

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/DRIES+VAN+NOTEN/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/460387201S/areaid/35/sts/searchResult

Here's a gorgeous gorgeous scarf from Dries with an incredible pattern. Really good price, maybe some of you new yorkers could use a new scarf. Faust? I'd grab it, but Texas would put this thing to waste =/

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chim"]

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/DRIES+VAN+NOTEN/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/460387201S/areaid/35/sts/searchResult

Here's a gorgeous gorgeous scarf from Dries with an incredible pattern. Really good price, maybe some of you new yorkers could use a new scarf. Faust? I'd grab it, but Texas would put this thing to waste =/

[/quote]

Thanks for thinking of me, but I have a Dries scarf that no scarf out there has anything on (if you catch my drift). One day I'll post a picture of it. Too bad there aren't more Dries appreciators here - this scarf needs a good home.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• irrlicht
                        • Jan 2007

rick goat leather combat boots...

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

irrlicht- Are those this seasons? The sole looks different than the SS07 ones.

Comment

• irrlicht
                            • Jan 2007

they are the crepe soled one same as the ones i have.. dunno about the season though.

i saw a similar pair at barneys thats with combat-boot-style rubber soles. and the leather is really different from this pair.. that's prolly current season?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Ah nice, I love those boots.

If you're looking for the Generic Man shoes like Bakla posted, gimme shoes is carrying the sneakers. (the black high tops are cool!)

Comment

• CHRIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2006

comme des garcons pointy slip ons, size 8 -- $55 buy it now!

i have these in black leather and i love them.

ann stud/zip riders vest.

faust? albert?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎