Page 12 of 988 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Good finds

Default Re: Good finds

Coldrice is truly a bastard.

Anyway, wasn't sure whether to put this here or in sizing questions, as it is in fact two distinct questions, but alas, sometimes things are not so cut and dry.

To begin, one of the sweaters from Raf at Seven I have been eyeing recently has dropped down to 35% off, so I imagine I will be picking it up. First question: does anyone think that it may drop even lower, without a substantial dissapearance of inventory in the smaller sizes? I know I'd kill myself if I miss this opportunity (no, not really), but if it is going lower I would be able to put the money towards some gloves I've been eyeing.

Secondly, what do you fellows think would best method to determine my size for the F/W 06 season for Raf's sweaters? I've never had a talent for determining sizing, particularly not when I'm forced to do it in numbers (i.e. 46, 48, 50, etc...) and not just sort of guesstimate. Basically, I wear a small in everything, and that's about all I know. Does Raf's sizing refer to chest, shoulder, what? Cm, inches? Seems like a terribly noob-like question, but this is the first truly high-end purchase I've been forced to make online.

Any and all help would be appreciated on either matter, and on the matter of sizing, if you'd rather PM me than clutter up the thread with basic knowledge, feel free to do so.

Thanks.

[quote user="Servo2000"]Coldrice is truly a bastard.[/quote]

We've known this for some time now...[:P]

As for Raf, is it the accordion neck sweater you're after? I tried it on
    once and the fit was definitely slim, as described. You should just
    call Seven up and ask for exact measurements; they're usually helpful
    over there.

i wish i could've seen the frantic clicking that happened there.... y'all love me. [:D]

is the caban coat worth it? i have 0 experience with raf outwear. what was your impression of the accordion neck and the crazy accordion hood?

random thoughts: hey, cool a thai guy works there. and maaaaan i'm disappointed that the jeremy scott french fry shirt is sold out :(

It isgood lookingin person, but I can't say that I tried it on, nor that I have much experience with Raf's outerwear. The coat is a bit too voluminous for my taste...
    and my height.

Those zippered boots, however, are rather godlike, in my opinion.

[quote user="xcoldricex"]carpe diem leather jacket only $180!!!!!
    [/quote]

"Sieze the day and savings on this jacket." [Y]

servo, you should probably get a 46 in raf's sweaters. i have the shawl collar sweater from this season in a 48, and i generally wear mediums. hope that helps.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

[quote user="ddohnggo"]servo, you should probably get a 46 in raf's sweaters. i have the shawl collar sweater from this season in a 48, and i generally wear mediums. hope that helps.
    [/quote]
    That's what I figured, but I emailed them about exact sizing anyway.

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="ddohnggo"]servo, you should probably get a 46 in raf's sweaters. i have the shawl collar sweater from this season in a 48, and i generally wear mediums. hope that helps.
    [/quote]
    That's what I figured, but I emailed them about exact sizing anyway.

[/quote]

On the first question, I say get it now - in my experience things at 7 tend to last for a very long time at one markdown.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

that's reassuring. maybe i'll do some purchasing when i get back from my trip if i haven't emptied my wallet by then ;)

no opinions on the caban coat and crazy hood?

I haven't seen the crazy hood in person, but that's my favorite piece at Seven. Wish I could afford it on sale!

Seven dropped theraf simons prices down further.
    Sweaters, Coats are 50%

Some Cloak Boots on Ebay going in an hour and a half... decent price right now!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Some Cloak Boots on Ebay going in an hour and a half... decent price right now!
    [/quote]

Get back to us 60 seconds before the auction ends [;)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yikes. I didn't expect it to explode to $700 closing.

[:|]

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Yikes. I didn't expect it to explode to $700 closing.

[:|]

[/quote]

Ridiculous!!! Fark, I could've bought a few pairs at $150...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yeah I know right?

Who knew that cloak (especially that 2004 collection) was gonna be so crazy afterthefact?

I remember both at Century 21 and at the Louis Boston sale, there were shit tons of EVERYTHING from that collection left. Louis Boston couldn't dump the blazers and jackets from that collection at 50 off. I tried on a pair of the concrete gray jeans and they woulda been like $50-75 and I put them back.

Like a fool!

I was totally stuck in the Dior Homme mindset. Blah.

Banned

servo, did you order the 46? i called about it this morning, but it had already sold.

i ended up getting the 48. hope it isnt too big.

holy shit. i should've sold my boots on ebay :(((((

Hmm. Perhaps I should sell my new Cloak trench coat on Ebay........

[quote user="CHRIS"]

servo, did you order the 46? i called about it this morning, but it had already sold.

i ended up getting the 48. hope it isnt too big.

[/quote]

I just sent an e-mail, since I might have pneumonia and my throat is killing me so talking is sort of a bummer right now, and when they got back to me only had a 50 left.

Ah, well. I'll buy some gloves and a watch or something, instead.