X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onemancult
    • Dec 2006

Re: Good finds

I really, really want the mountain cardigan in black/white- the red is way too in-your-face
    for me. But I have to wonder if a medium might bea little too tight on me...

CHRIS, if you bought a black/white one and it is too big, let me know. I might be interested in picking it up off of you.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Does anyone know how those Ann D. polos fit? If it's her regular fit (not skinny), I'd buy one in a Small.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="wild_whiskey"]

Not my size but this jacket is up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/martin-margiela-classic-signature-zip-biker-jacket_W0QQitemZ280056983042QQihZ018QQcategoryZ299 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[/quote]

Guys, just remember, this is a COTTON version, not the leather that everyone is used to. Good find nonetheless. [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Incredible Ann Dem Womens leather blazer on Ebay at $299. The leather on this is out of this world, I've seen it in person, and it cost about $2.5k

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
            • Dec 2006

hey, i'm a long time lurker, finally deciding to post.

Very nice Les hommes leather jacket on Yoox

Priced accordingly! [:(]

I am not very familiar with Les Hommes, I think I remember reading (Faust?) that the quality/design has been on the downhill the past couple years. Anyone know more about this jacket and quality of leathers?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Seventh"]

hey, i'm a long time lurker, finally deciding to post.

Very nice Les hommes leather jacket on Yoox

Priced accordingly! [:(]

I am not very familiar with Les Hommes, I think I remember reading (Faust?) that the quality/design has been on the downhill the past couple years. Anyone know more about this jacket and quality of leathers?

[/quote]

The quality is good. I don't like their designs too much lately.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Margiela paper clip necklace. Might make a good present for the right person. $90 on yoox.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

carpe diem leather jacket only $180!!!!!

Comment

• kucejoe
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]carpe diem leather jacket only $180!!!!!
                    [/quote]

You dirty, dirty bastard........................................... .................................[:@][:)]

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• onemancult
                      • Dec 2006

xcoldricex, let us all know how it feels to be indicted for involuntary manslaughter once the heart attack victims start piling up...

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

Coldrice is truly a bastard.

Anyway, wasn't sure whether to put this here or in sizing questions, as it is in fact two distinct questions, but alas, sometimes things are not so cut and dry.

To begin, one of the sweaters from Raf at Seven I have been eyeing recently has dropped down to 35% off, so I imagine I will be picking it up. First question: does anyone think that it may drop even lower, without a substantial dissapearance of inventory in the smaller sizes? I know I'd kill myself if I miss this opportunity (no, not really), but if it is going lower I would be able to put the money towards some gloves I've been eyeing.

Secondly, what do you fellows think would best method to determine my size for the F/W 06 season for Raf's sweaters? I've never had a talent for determining sizing, particularly not when I'm forced to do it in numbers (i.e. 46, 48, 50, etc...) and not just sort of guesstimate. Basically, I wear a small in everything, and that's about all I know. Does Raf's sizing refer to chest, shoulder, what? Cm, inches? Seems like a terribly noob-like question, but this is the first truly high-end purchase I've been forced to make online.

Any and all help would be appreciated on either matter, and on the matter of sizing, if you'd rather PM me than clutter up the thread with basic knowledge, feel free to do so.

Thanks.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• onemancult
                          • Dec 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Coldrice is truly a bastard.[/quote]

We've known this for some time now...[:P]

As for Raf, is it the accordion neck sweater you're after? I tried it on
                          once and the fit was definitely slim, as described. You should just
                          call Seven up and ask for exact measurements; they're usually helpful
                          over there.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

i wish i could've seen the frantic clicking that happened there.... y'all love me. [:D]

is the caban coat worth it? i have 0 experience with raf outwear. what was your impression of the accordion neck and the crazy accordion hood?

random thoughts: hey, cool a thai guy works there. and maaaaan i'm disappointed that the jeremy scott french fry shirt is sold out :(

Comment

• onemancult
                              • Dec 2006

It isgood lookingin person, but I can't say that I tried it on, nor that I have much experience with Raf's outerwear. The coat is a bit too voluminous for my taste...
                              and my height.

Those zippered boots, however, are rather godlike, in my opinion.

Comment

• minomni
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]carpe diem leather jacket only $180!!!!!
                                [/quote]

"Sieze the day and savings on this jacket." [Y]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎