• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Good finds

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="minomni"]ccp fall 06 leather jacket on ebay - size 50.
    [/quote]

I think Albert's wallet is in for some serious beating.

[/quote]

hahaha. No no.... I saw that last night too and inquired about it (casually! casually dammit!) and this was the response:

"this is only a pubblicitary
    auction....i will have in the end of jannuary....if you want i can
    reserve for you. i try to explain better : my second name in ebay is
    dirbik, i create my new website out of ebay because ebay is full of
    fakes for this reason i create 6 month ago www.mcbrands.com
    and in the end of jannuary i will go to buy rare items from boutique.
    Now i'm trying to understand what are the pupular items that the
    persons wand find.

In this metod in the end of jannuary i will buy only rare most wanted pieces.

regards

simone
    "

Thus, you're bidding on an item wherein the details of the jacket are unknown, the condition unknown, and the actual measurements unknown. Plus I think the jacket buttons up, not zips up. Boo.

The price is amazing though for those willing to take the risk/take the hit.

I'm personally eyeing that gray thick linen Linea jacket that I posted in the carpe/lmaltieri/linea thread. Just need to think about it a bit more... same goes for some Linea boots.

Honestly for the $1800 for that CCP jacket, I (and everyone else on here) could buy a LOT more stuff with some smart shopping :)

[/quote]

Wait a second - wasn't that your idea?![:D]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Partially!

I'm opening a website because

a) ebay takes a 4% cut of whatever you sell. Brutal.

b) it takes forever to make a good auction post (lots of time is spent on writing good descriptions)

c) ebay loves limiting accounts for no reason

d) deadbeat auction winners

and because the brands I want to carry, I don't think people want to scour ebay for. A one stop location for brands that are all in a similar vein and are low priced benefits both me and anyone who decides to pick something up!

As for mcbrands... if the jacket is in some consignment store somewhere, I'm gonna try to find out his location hahahaha. I'll just fly over while I'm in Berlin hehehe.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• macuser3of5
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="macuser3of5"]^^ How is that still there!?! Those retailed for $600++, *and* it's black.[/quote]

It's waiting for your credit card, obviously! [:P]

[/quote]

And I would happily oblige if I were not knee-deep in Yahoo Japan auctions for Helmut Lang stuff right now [:D]

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

the ccp jacket is from a few seasons ago. its a really stiff leather (much stiffer than this past season's from what i can remember). tried it on and didn't like it.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

anyone buy the HL bomber? got taken out of my cart while checking out... =P

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Margiela key tie holder. Gotta love it. $35 on Yoox.

[/quote]

Hmm. Browns lists this as a money clip. Mistery solved?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

its been displayed as a tie clip in other places... i think even at the MMM in HK. although i like the idea of it as a money clip. hmmm!

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Don't know if this counts as a good find really, but I found a store sourcing Bless's "Assorted Pins" collection:

It's cheap, yeah, but, I mean, it's a button. So relatively, it might actually be really expensive.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Don't know if this counts as a good find really, but I found a store sourcing Bless's "Assorted Pins" collection:

It's cheap, yeah, but, I mean, it's a button. So relatively, it might actually be really expensive.

[/quote]

And they have the Bless book! Someone tell onemancult--hasn't he been looking for it?

Great find, Servo--I didn't know they did e-commerce.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Rick Owens summer weight white blazer/jacket - can be had for $300 with Best Offer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

I'm sure most of you have seen it, but I've been wanting one of these Helmut Lang bombers with straps and whatnot for a long time, and here this one has been sitting on yoox for ages, but it's too big for me. It's a complete steal at $230 so I demand that someone who is size 40 on here order it so that I may wear it vicariously through you.

music

Comment

• minja
                          • Dec 2006

Holy crap, do those run small at all?

Comment

• minja
                            • Dec 2006

... and I just bought it. Hopefully it fits me. Shipping was free (code "ENJOYOOX") so it's only $5 to return it... not too bad!

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

In my limited experience, Helmut Lang jackets run a little on the big side. I waver between 36 and 38 in most brands, and in Helmut Lang I'm definitely 36. I could be wrong though, I don't own much HL outerwear so it could vary. Anyway, I hope it works for you, I'm excited you ordered it!
                              music

Comment

• onemancult
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Servo2000"]Don't know if this counts as a good find really, but I found a store sourcing Bless's "Assorted Pins" collection:

[/quote]

And they have the Bless book! Someone tell onemancult--hasn't he been looking for it?

Great find, Servo--I didn't know they did e-commerce.
                                [/quote]

Thank you for thinking of me, laika, but I managed to buy a copy of
                                the Bless book through RAM Publications in California a few weeks
                                ago. I actually just finished reading and poring over the entire thing
                                today! Such a wonderful tome, the hunt was well worth it.

Ooga Booga opened their online store not so long ago, they're still in the process
                                of adding more of their stock to the site. Good to know- there are so few places
                                to procure a lot of what Ooga Booga manages to bring together in one place.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎