Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morsto
    • Nov 2008

ML are you really serious about the dh napolean in the wtf thread? I know there are quite a few, myself included, that got into clothing because of that jacket or because of the pictures of that jacket at least. If I had any chance in hell of looking like the guy in the original dh add I would cop faster than JFG on a ccp grail.

I do not recognise the vessel,
    but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• H-R
      • May 2007

^ I get the impression that ML was only joking when he said that. And I agree with you, back in the day that DH napoleon received so much hype, probably the equivalent of CCP fencing in today's era (relatively speaking)

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by morsto View Post
        ML are you really serious about the dh napolean in the wtf thread? I know there are quite a few, myself included, that got into clothing because of that jacket or because of the pictures of that jacket at least. If I had any chance in hell of looking like the guy in the original dh add I would cop faster than JFG on a ccp grail.
        I'm not criticizing anyone for liking it, but it just looks ridicilously costumey to me. the straps, the shoulders, the sleeves, its so overdesigned. I have a hard time imagining it looking good in real life. but thats just me of course, each to their own.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

yeah, i find the napoleon a bit overdesigned as well. but i guess there is a find line between overdesign and exquisitely detailed...
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• jamesd
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            If anyone knows where I can find that Ann D. hooded coat in a Med, let me know.

Besides Boston, I know Barneys SF also had this.

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

never been a fan of the napoleon (or luster in general), and i love dh. although there's a du here who i've seen a few times wearing it each time (with leather pants) and it doesn't look so bad. it's actually a bit more understated in real life if you can believe that... not enough for me to like though.

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

to be honest i feel it looks like what (i feel) it was supposed to be: a jacket with influence from old-style military uniforms

i may be way off here, but i don't see how it'd be much different than Jimi Hendrix in his hussar, which i didn't feel looks very costume-y

Comment

• random
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                  If anyone knows where I can find that Ann D. hooded coat in a Med, let me know.
                  that coat is huge. If you are size 48 you might need size S, don.
                  I don't exist.

Comment

• fenrost
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2009

ccp boot size 7 aw07

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by random View Post
                      that coat is huge. If you are size 48 you might need size S, don.
                      Thanks for the suggestions and the leads, guys. Much appreciated.
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• fenrost
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

julius jut aw09 black sz1

Comment

• H-R
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by morsto View Post

Additional fit pic on Marilyn Manson, about 1:00 and 3:45 into the video... :P

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I believe the epaulettes are removable, no? Anyway, I love it in theory. The reason I love Luster is becaus it was such an all out assault in terms of both esthetics and the quality of clothes. It was like a fairy tale.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I believe the epaulettes are removable, no? Anyway, I love it in theory. The reason I love Luster is becaus it was such an all out assault in terms of both esthetics and the quality of clothes. It was like a fairy tale.
                              Luster was great, but I've never understood the iconic status of the Napoleon jacket. There were so many better clothes from this collection, and especially the extra long coats...
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I think that's because of the ad campaign. The image above is the most iconic one.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎