• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Urthwhyte
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
    Those Julius boots have been posted here a few times already. Chaosen,
    I'd like to invite you to join discussions in other parts of the forum rather than focusing on good finds. It's always nice when people share their discoveries with others but it's not really the heart and soul of what goes on here.
    Albeit slightly less intimidating.

For those who've not been into this aesthetic for particularly long, it takes a goodly amount of effort to get up to the point where one feels as though they might make a positive contribution to the forum, whereas contributing to Good Finds or the sales thread is comparatively simple. Even in posting this, I feel as though I have failed in expressing myself nearly as eloquently as most seem to.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

^ practice makes perfect! I know what you mean though, it can be intimidating when learning any new subject, but asking questions is a good place to start...and keeping a good sense of humor about it all even more so.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

^^This entire conversation should belong in the "WTF" thread.

This better be some kind of lame screenplay because this conversation sucks.

As for the Julius boots, those are a damn good deal at $350 and my vote for the Givenchy bondage boots is +1. I give the seller -10 for the price. $300 less and I'd kop in about 5 minutes. Those would indeed look damn good with a formal suit and I have always liked the strap detail on the heel.

Comment

• chaosen
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
          Those Julius boots have been posted here a few times already. Chaosen,
          I'd like to invite you to join discussions in other parts of the forum rather than focusing on good finds. It's always nice when people share their discoveries with others but it's not really the heart and soul of what goes on here.
          Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
          Albeit slightly less intimidating.

For those who've not been into this aesthetic for particularly long, it takes a goodly amount of effort to get up to the point where one feels as though they might make a positive contribution to the forum, whereas contributing to Good Finds or the sales thread is comparatively simple. Even in posting this, I feel as though I have failed in expressing myself nearly as eloquently as most seem to.
          I completely agree with Urthwhyte - it takes a little while to learn the ropes here. It's definitely easier posting in the Good Finds thread, as I regularly visit other forums and whenever I find something that somebody here on SZ might be interested in, I post in this thread. Didn't mean to repost those Julius engineers, just thought the price was really good (if they were in my size I'd buy them)

I find it's not really easy to post anything worthwhile in some of the other threads, especially when newcomers aren't very much respected (and so some of our posts tend to get ignored and/or receive negative feedback).

Comment

• Urthwhyte
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chaosen View Post
            I find it's not really easy to post anything worthwhile in some of the other threads, especially when newcomers aren't very much respected (and so some of our posts tend to get ignored and/or receive negative feedback).
            While I do agree it is hard to make worthwhile posts when some people here can identify pieces seemingly better than some of the designers can, I don't think there is a lack of respect for newcomers. Rather, there is very much of a sense of paying in your dues, doing the research and reading requisite with getting into any new topic. I'm certain there are people from outaide the Internet fashion sphere who could come in and contribute to discussion in a great way immediately, those of us outside that merely take a longer term approach to it, as Dane suggests.

Edit: I can't believe the first discussion of any note I'm involved in here is a meta-discourse on the difficulty of participating

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Anthony
              Great sharing...one of my friend tell me about this thread and i see is really good....interesting sharing....
              Zboss, what are you doing? Rubbish posts will only get you to the doghouse.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheThief
                • Mar 2011

08 Julius Leather - size 2 -

Julius Leather Jacket ********************SOLD*********************** Season: S/S 2008 Material: Cow Colour: Black Size: 2 Lovely leather from S/S 08. A Simple design with raglan shoulders. Has been worn on just a couple of occasions so in fantastic condition, tags included. Has not been stored o...

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                  I think they're great, and would look amazing paired with a nice suit.
                  Agree, I quite like them, but he priced himself out. No idea what they retailed for, but it's too much. Would go well with some of the HL bondage stuff.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

I think retail was around 620 pounds. Givenchy footwear is for some reason quite 'affordable' compared to the clothing range, whose pricing is absurd.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I remember this coat - a real winner.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

mist.........
                        Last edited by Peasant; 12-24-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• soulshui
                          • Nov 2011

Ann sneak size 44, not really a good find but I find it very cute.

retracted- goodluck!
                          Last edited by soulshui; 12-24-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

for those looking for a luc knit with a little more substance
                            i believe an older season cardigan that looks pretty good

Comment

• AENAON
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2009

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL ARCHIVE PIECES

this stores advertising agenda is not supported here.
                              Last edited by lowrey; 12-26-2011, 01:28 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

• MoFiya
                                • Sep 2007

^ this is kind of lame though.

edit. Faust - the link works for me but thanks for reposting nic.
                                Last edited by MoFiya; 12-26-2011, 07:39 AM.
                                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍