Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

It doesn't really work that way if you're suspended, but thanks for your considerate thoughts.

Skye - Thanks a lot, I already asked my friend who lives next door to do it for me.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
      but that must take at least, like... 5 minutes!
      Originally posted by Oasis View Post
      If you already have another email address even less.
      Do you both think a giant like eBay is that stupid? Seriously...do some research before spouting ridiculous advice.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        Do you both think a giant like eBay is that stupid? Seriously...do some research before spouting ridiculous advice.
        Yes, I do - from experience.

Figuring out how to fool EBay by registering via a VPN or quite simply a different IP address (friend/family's house or public computer) is all too easy.

Anyway, no harm intended, and if anything kard's doing the right thing by playing nicely - as, in any case, being a good boy is always the best route (especially when you've been caught being bad).
        —
        -

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Point is, for some of us that's more than 5 minutes work and a hassle for a pair of shoes. Even so, eBay has more sophisticated ways of figuring out who you are than simple IP Address dupes.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Fair enough - though from Kard's buying/selling habits, I get the impression he's lamenting his suspension for more than just this piddling reason.

And yes, I'm aware that Ebay isn't stupid enough to forego cross-referencing more than just your IP address; but their techniques aren't terribly sophisticated, and even easier to fool.

I'm not just running off at the mouth either, there's an Ebay office in my city which deals in this exact type of scenario.
            —
            -

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

Actually CC is totally right.

Not that I'm saying anyone should, but seriously it's not hard at all and they aren't that clever. Give yourself some credit. You ARE smarter than Ebay and many people actually break certain "rules" unknowingly because they think it's OK, so I've always found Ebay to be relatively forgiving as long as you aren't habitually being a shadester. Having that much faith in Big Brother is entertaining though.

Comment

• Oasis
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                Yes, I do - from experience.

Figuring out how to fool EBay by registering via a VPN or quite simply a different IP address (friend/family's house or public computer) is all too easy.

Anyway, no harm intended, and if anything kard's doing the right thing by playing nicely - as, in any case, being a good boy is always the best route (especially when you've been caught being bad).
                It was no where near that complicated for me.

Point is, for some of us that's more than 5 minutes work and a hassle for a pair of shoes. Even so, eBay has more sophisticated ways of figuring out who you are than simple IP Address dupes.
                Really? I set up a new account recently. Only thing I had to change was the email address I used to register. I also made my new account a business account. I used the same personal details, same paypal, the whole lot. Definately not a hastle per se and genuinely did take me around 5 minutes..
                Originally posted by christianef
                u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

As far as my account is concerned, it really isn't worth the hassle as I have more or less 10 days remaining. Also, I read that you need to use a different paypal account?
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Oasis
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                    As far as my account is concerned, it really isn't worth the hassle as I have more or less 10 days remaining. Also, I read that you need to use a different paypal account?
                    You 'really wish' you could use ebay but 5 minutes of your time is 'not worth the hastle?' I'm not on your case btw, it's all in good jest. I'm just saying setting up another account is less than troublesome.

I didn't read anything when setting mine up. I just started making a new account and changed anything ebay didn't like. (ie. The email address I used for my original account). On that note I also set up auctions on my partners account and when doing so changed the paypal payment email address from hers to mine. So in reality I 've had payments for goods from THREE ebay accounts going through one Paypal account with no problems.

Comment

• taylen
                      • Jul 2010

Ccp cordovan boots size 6:

SOLD: 09AW Collection Carol Christian Poell Horse Cordovan Leather Boots size 6 (1/1), Cordovan Soles, in Grey & Green Color w/ the tags, booklet and rice bag. Vibramed from 1st day. Not much to say... Condition's very excellent. Fit 40-41.5 Offers SOLDDDDDDDD (shipped in US and PP as Gift or...

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

^ good finds is so lame recently.
                        Most of your contributions have been posts about items the banned member takuya is selling. Kind of strange, isn't it?
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• taylen
                          • Jul 2010

I think most of his items listed for sale in reasonable prices, nice stuff? and sold quickly. And also been done businesses with him several times, he's great seller. Is it a reason?

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Interesting to read that so many of you have been banned from ebay...doesn't bode well for you posting in the classifieds in the future.

Comment

• Oasis
                              • Apr 2011

Interesting to read that so many of you have been banned from ebay...doesn't bode well for you posting in the classifieds in the future.
                              If I had something to hide I wouldn't have mentioned it.. Someone bid on an item of mine and didn't pay. I re-listed and stupidly didn't block the bidder, who then bid again last minute and again didn't pay. This time leaving me negative feedback saying I was selling fake goods - although they handn't paid, let alone received anything.

I then bid on ALL of their items and paid for none, childish but fuck them. Ebay did nothing to help me so I got a little retribution myself.

Aside from that. 300+ positive transactions.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
                                If I had something to hide I wouldn't have mentioned it.. Someone bid on an item of mine and didn't pay. I re-listed and stupidly didn't block the bidder, who then bid again last minute and again didn't pay. This time leaving me negative feedback saying I was selling fake goods - although they handn't paid, let alone received anything.

I then bid on ALL of their items and paid for none, childish but fuck them. Ebay did nothing to help me so I got a little retribution myself.

Aside from that. 300+ positive transactions.
                                you continue to not do yourself any favours.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎