X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oulipien
    • Feb 2016

Merzbow's version of easy listening:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by oulipien; 05-12-2016, 01:06 PM. Reason: tried to embed teh youtube video and it didn't work :/

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

Nice to see Tomas Köner mentioned. He is the very reason I have the stereo system I have right now. Also nice to see Merzbow get mentioned, but can't say I have listened to him much since my early 20s.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
        • Sep 2015

OH NO's probably going to be my favorite release for this year.

who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• oulipien
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
          Also nice to see Merzbow get mentioned, but can't say I have listened to him much since my early 20s.
          I've been making my way back to his solo stuff after listening to his collaborations with Richard Pinhas.

Comment

• oulipien
            • Feb 2016

Unrelated to the above this weekend I caught the ROVA sax quartet augmented into an octet by Aram Shelton, Phillip Greenlief, Cory Wright and Vinny Golia and it was fantastic. Four pieces all by Larry Ochs including one co-dedicated to Braxton and Feldman, which earned both its dedicatees.

(In general, any time Golia is playing, with his own groups or with others', it's worth seeking out.)

Comment

• Brokenaura
              • Jul 2007

I generally shy away from most compilations and especially tributes. But I received a copy of the Painted Black various artists CD a week ago, only recently being made aware of it. surprised that I didn't come across it sooner, since a fan of most of the artists. It's actually very good, quite varied,(fortunately no straight 'covers') and stands the test of time well, since it was released 14 years ago.

a couple highlights here, enjoy!

Acid Mothers Temple

troum

loren chase
              He who has rejected his demons badgers us to death with his angels

Comment

• Shifts
                • Jul 2013

Troum! Now we are talking! They often stride a bit too far into new age territory, but somehow manage to keep themselves interesting despite this. Have to try to get a hold of that compilation.

I am guessing Fennesz' version of Paint it Black from 1998 can also be found there?

---

Haven't listened yet, so maybe shouldn't be mentioned yet, but Autechre's new massive album elseq 1–5, oh my, can't wait to dig into it. Spending $55 for a download album though…

Comment

• Brokenaura
                  • Jul 2007

be sure to check out Troum's 'symbiosis' and 'sigqan' for their earlier work, and as far as more recent releases, both 'grote mandrenke' & 'mare morphosis' are very good. I think you'd lose that 'NA' impression.

I wasn't aware of the new Autechre. to be honest the last album I picked up was oversteps, which has some great tracks. but it's Rob & Sean's earlier work, amber & ti repetae especially that I'm most fond of.

If you you give me a couple days, I'd be happy to send you a wetransfer link for the Painted Black comp. and yes, it does have the Fennesz track on it. how do you take your DLs, .wav or .aiff?
                  He who has rejected his demons badgers us to death with his angels

Comment

• Shifts
                    • Jul 2013

Thanks for the offer, but no need, I will grab it from Discogs. I see that my long time favs Stilluppsteypa are also featured, so this compilation has now become a must-have.

Regarding Troum: I'm familiar only with their earlier works to be honest, haven't checked them out for years. Sigqan together with the Tjukurrpa trilogy has been my main listens with them (also the Mort Aux Vaches recording, Ljubimaya and Darvē Sh from the same period).

Symbiosis might not have been my focus, so will try to get hold of a copy. Thanks!

Comment

• oulipien
                      • Feb 2016

these guys are touring and are fantastic live. saw them on Friday with Inner Ear Brigade.

Comment

• ElenaSkacenko
                        • Jun 2016

The Doors!

Currently, i'm having a rock phase and I'm listening to The Doors a lot!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

The Cure - Disintegration, because I will miss the MSG concert and I can only quietly weep into my pillow about it.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                            • Sep 2015

I totally slept on this last year and feel like a dope.

who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• broken_chairs
                              • Sep 2015

Really enjoying the new SWANS record

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Sevdaliza

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...