X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you listening to?

i&#39;ll hold down the lowbrow music in this thread :)<a href="http://www.zshare.net/audio/lindsay-lohan-mp3.html">

pase rock feat spankrock - revenge of lindsey lohan</a>
    </p>

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Rage Against the Machine - People of the Sun
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• butbeautiful
        • Sep 2006

The Pixies - Where Is My Mind

Comment

• droogist
          • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]

Droogist, as long as you are posting, I don&#39;t care if you listen to Skinny Puppy.</p>

[/quote]Why Faust, that&#39;s the nicest thing anyone&#39;s ever said to me. [:D]
          </p>

Btw I&#39;ve been meaning to ask you, are you familiar with the band that shares your namesake?
          </p>

Comment

• droogist
            • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;Servo2000&quot;]</p><div>I&#39;d like to think it&#39;s more of a &quot;here&#39;s this off the wall band that I&#39;m listening to that you might never have heard of but probably should, what off the wall band are you listening to that I might never have heard of but probably should?&quot;</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>[/quote]Oh, I&#39;m just playing - I actually think it&#39;s pretty awesome that there are so many knowledgeable people here. Sorry if it sounded like a rebuke.
            </div>

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

No worries, droogist. If you care to, remember that I am very, very rarely ever being serious. I&#39;m pretty easy going and total smartass, but you&#39;ll be able to tell when I&#39;m being serious, because I write in long paragraphs.<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>Today&#39;s Album / Song:</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>The Shining - In the Kingdom of Kitsch You Will Be a Monster</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>My favorite song from this is still the opening number, &quot;Goretex Weather Report.&quot; It&#39;s probably the most &#39;obvious&#39; number, a little heavier than the rest of the album and certainly a little more pop to the rest&#39;s free jazz, but it&#39;s all quite good.</div>
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;droogist&quot;][quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]

Droogist, as long as you are posting, I don&#39;t care if you listen to Skinny Puppy.</p>

[/quote]Why Faust, that&#39;s the nicest thing anyone&#39;s ever said to me. [:D]
                </p>

Btw I&#39;ve been meaning to ask you, are you familiar with the band that shares your namesake?
                </p>[/quote]

I am not familiar with their work, but I knew there is a band by that name (I&#39;d be shocked if there wasn&#39;t)? Anything note-worthy?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;laika&quot;]Sinead O&#39; Connor-- &quot;House of the Rising Sun&quot;
                  [/quote]<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span">Laika, that reminds me how much I like Sinead O&#39; Connor (and I&#39;m not afraid to admit it) so I&#39;m listening to her now. I got into her with &quot;She who dwells in the Secret Place of the Most High Shall Abide Under the Shadow....&quot; double CD after reading glowing reviews about it. The only other one I&#39;ve got is the recent reggae disc &quot;Throw Down your Arms&quot;. I&#39;d like to get some of her older stuff but I&#39;m afraid it will sound too dated now. Any recommendations on &quot;must-haves&quot; from her catalogue?</span></div><div>I love her voice, so powerful and expressive...</div>
                  music

Comment

• onemancult
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;][quote user=&quot;droogist&quot;][quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]

</p>

</p>[/quote] I am not familiar with their work, but I knew there is a band by that name (I&#39;d be shocked if there wasn&#39;t)? Anything note-worthy?[/quote]

Faust are considered seminal by many standards, important to the evolution of krautrock and experimental music.
                    They are definitely worth checking out.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

On that note:</p>

</p>

[:)]</p>

</p>
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• onemancult
                        • Dec 2006

I love Neubauten. I&#39;ll never forget seeing them live in NYC a few years ago.

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

You are a lucky, lucky, fellow.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Ok, then - I go look. Any recommendations to start with?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;Faust&quot;]Ok, then - I go look. Any recommendations to start with?
                              [/quote]The band&#39;s still active and is doing a lot of interesting things these days, but I&#39;d recommend starting with their 70s stuff. The Faust Tapes has all the defining Faust elements - krautrock rhythms, studio experimentation, a bit of free improv - and is often considered their best record. I&#39;d say give that one a go first...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ cool.</p>

Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎