• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you listening to?

Oh, wow. I'll have to check that out!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• battles
      • Oct 2006

birchville cat motel - curved surface destroyer
      jazzkramer - panic
      kangding ray - stabil
      ryoji ikeda - formula
      phill niblock - touch three

</p>

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

Naked City - Absinthe<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>It&#39;s fun to see the different tastes in music around here :)</div>

Comment

• sphoxx
          • Nov 2006

Lily Allen - Smile</p>

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

I don&#39;t know how I&#39;m managing to listen to that... I&#39;ve been given the cd a while ago and never could listen to it.<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>Anthony Braxton - Open Aspects (clarinet/moog duos)</div>

Comment

• GuitarFlame
              • Nov 2006

Pink by Boris

Comment

• minomni
                • Oct 2006

boards of canada - music has the right to children</p>

band of horses - everything all the time
                </p>

Comment

• onemancult
                  • Dec 2006

Sun OK Papi KO Orchestre Philharmonok

Klaxons Xan Valley EP</p>

Sixteens Fendi EP</p>

Shitmat Hang the DJ</p>

</p>

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

I just got the new(ish) Damien Rice, I really liked his first album, but he&#39;s always just on the cusp of cheese. So far I like the new one. And my Mew purchase is really growing on me, love it! Also been rekindling my love of Scriabin&#39;s sonatas, to balance out my pop tastes with something more substantial. He&#39;s really an underrated composer, he did some really strange and revolutionary things for his time but it&#39;s always beautiful. I would learn one of his sonatas if I wasn&#39;t so lazy, but at least I can play one of his etudes.<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>Man, you guys listen to some obscure stuff. I thought what I listened to was somewhat off center, but everyone&#39;s lists make my tastes look like the Billboard top 20. There&#39;s a joke in here somewhere about how when a bunch of hipsters get together they argue over who&#39;s band is the least known (&quot;my band&#39;s so obscure they haven&#39;t even formed yet!&quot;).</div>
                    music

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

I manage to recognize about 1 out of every two or at least every three bands listed here, usually. And I thought my Merzbow collection was obscure...</p>

In all seriousness, I think a lot of people who are into &#39;edgy&#39; fashion tend to be into at least fairly &#39;edgy&#39; music as well, or at least have interesting taste. I just hover around I Hate Music and look up whatever catches my eye. Personally, I love a good slice of pop as well as a fair bit of hip hop, so I still tend to check the &quot;best new music&quot; section at Pitchforkmedia just so I can skip the fluff. I&#39;m sure I miss a lot of great music this way, but I just don&#39;t have the time anymore. My .mp3 collection is well over 12,000 songs at this point which for some of you surely isn&#39;t much, but it&#39;s enough for me at the moment.

</p>
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• minya
                        • Nov 2006

right now I&#39;m listening to the bonus track from the vinyl edition of Circle&#39;s &quot;Sunrise&quot; album.</p>

</p>

this is the most incredible thing they&#39;ve ever written. churning, chugging guitars, spaced out krautrock overtones, and the throbbing, pulsating drumbeat of their pharaoh overlord side project... ahhh YES!
                        </p>

Comment

• onemancult
                          • Dec 2006

I used to postregularly on the I Hate Music boards but then
                          Igot tired of it. Still check it from time to time to stay up to
                          date on what&#39;s new.</p>

Servo, are you into noise? I self-released an album a few years ago,
                          got some decent reviews; maybe you&#39;d like to check it out some time?</p>

Minya, have you ever heard Exquisite Fucking Boredom by Skullflower?
                          Best stoned-out space jam in the universe, in my opinion. The riff is so good
                          it is disgusting!

Oh, and &#39;nuff respect on the avatar. Black metal ist kreig!!!!!
                          </p>

Comment

• minya
                            • Nov 2006

yeah. Skullflower is amazing. Used to be involved with William Bennett/Come Organisation/Ramleh back in the day.</p>

</p>

I thought the avatar would fit this forum&#39;s style pretty well.
                            </p>

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

I&#39;m going to break into Minya&#39;s house and steal his music collection; it sounds like what mine will be 10 years from now once I get some free time again.<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div><div>Yes, OMC, I am. PM me about it.</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder" /></div>
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user=&quot;Servo2000&quot;]

I manage to recognize about 1 out of every two or at least every three bands listed here, usually. And I thought my Merzbow collection was obscure...</p>

In all seriousness, I think a lot of people who are into &#39;edgy&#39; fashion tend to be into at least fairly &#39;edgy&#39; music as well, or at least have interesting taste. I just hover around I Hate Music and look up whatever catches my eye. Personally, I love a good slice of pop as well as a fair bit of hip hop, so I still tend to check the &quot;best new music&quot; section at Pitchforkmedia just so I can skip the fluff. I&#39;m sure I miss a lot of great music this way, but I just don&#39;t have the time anymore. My .mp3 collection is well over 12,000 songs at this point which for some of you surely isn&#39;t much, but it&#39;s enough for me at the moment.

</p>

[/quote]</p>

I don&#39;t recognize shit. Therefore I would like people to school me - if you could put a genre next to the bands, that&#39;d be great. I&#39;m hopelessly out of tune with good music these days, because there is so much garbage out there.</p>
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎