X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I wish he'd just stop wearing suits. Wearing a suit does not make you look "adult" or "reformed" - you are not a fucking accountant. Bring back the hasidic pirate!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bson
      • May 2013

I loved the part of the Galliano interview where he talks about wearing the lab coat while working... It's hilarious how everyone instead focuses all their attention on which shoes one another is wearing Wouldn't have thought of that

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Does anyone have pictures of his F/W 1991 all-white show?
          All I can find is S/S 91 and then of course every single other collection ...
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• fredokin
            • Apr 2014

SS 2002 video
            Originally posted by gregor
            it's terribly lit

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• malevich
                • Jun 2012

WE MARGIELA, something inspiring to look forward to...

i liked the opening words about loyalty, i guess its true and important in life and creative team management.

trailer link:
                directed by mint film office We Margiela tells the untold story of the enigmatic and singular fashion house Maison Martin Margiela. For the first time, co-founder…

Comment

• Prime
                  • Sep 2014

I recently took up a project to analyze the clothing from every MMM runway show. 1 runway show per video. The first installment ended up being 22 minutes long. I’m very excited to create more. I’m posting here bc I know we have some rather serious collectors of Martin’s work. If anyone has any feedback, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

watching now, I look forward to the other episodes
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• durag1
                      • Aug 2019

Big fan of your other runway analyses. Can't wait for the other MMM episodes

Comment

• WolfSchwet
                        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Prime View Post
                        I recently took up a project to analyze the clothing from every MMM runway show. 1 runway show per video. The first installment ended up being 22 minutes long. I’m very excited to create more. I’m posting here bc I know we have some rather serious collectors of Martin’s work. If anyone has any feedback, I’d greatly appreciate it.
                        I've been really enjoying these so far. First couple I'd recommend to anyone as an introduction to Margiela and the new third one was really good.

It's so great to hear someone talk so enthusiastically about the subject matter and to be able to go through the collections in such detail.

Comment

• Halibut
                          • Sep 2014

It seems Martin Margiela has a few new pieces of more sculptural artwork in a German exhibition. Does anyone have more info? I haven't been able to find much.

edit: found photos of two of the pieces, a probable Oppenheim nod titled "Pet" and some stretched underwear titled "Tondi" (Mapplethorpe reference?).

image source
                          Last edited by Halibut; 01-03-2020, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• ciaran
                            • Jan 2020

I have access to quite a few Margiela books, I would be happy to scan some if there's any burning requests!

Comment

• say-hi-to-forever
                              • Apr 2020

I am trying to identify past show pieces I have collected, I was hoping the book Martin Margiela The Women's Collections that I recently purchased who include more extensive photography of the pieces.

Can anyone advise the best resource to view complete collections? Obviously the film online is pretty rough and I can't find all of the shows either.

Comment

• amirrorcrackd
                                • Dec 2009

My company is releasing this documentary about MM (he speaks!). Thought ya'll might find it interesting.

Trailer is here:
                                One of the most revolutionary and influential fashion designers of his time, Martin Margiela has remained an elusive figure the entirety of his decades-long ...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎