X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Maison Martin Margiela

[quote user="laika"]^That's Patrick Scallon, who does press for MMM, I believe. [75]
    [/quote]

maybe that's what he wants you to believe? [^o)]

Comment

• jiggy
      • Feb 2007

Just a little news regarding margiela i just saw on the news paper.

A man who was wearing a margiela belt with kuckle duster buckle was arrested at the hong kong airport.

He sounded the metal detector at the sercurity check point before boarding his plane.

The police arrested him and brought him back to the lock up claiming that the buckle was a illegal item, a dangerous weapon.

He bought the belt from the margiela store in HK, however, the hk police claims that such item is prohibited and is not allowed.

Comment

• jiggy
        • Feb 2007

The belt buckle was a knuckle duster / brass knucks.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Apparently it was even too small to slip your fingers through. Nevertheless, knuckle dusters are prohibited by HK law - IMO it's a bit of a shame this was taken so seriously.

I wonder if the HK Margiela store will continue to sell them.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Interview with Maison Martin Margiela on Browns website.

It's interesting how they say that they never start with a blank page, and Junya says exactly the opposite.

Laika, it's a very Baudelairian interview, I think you'll like it. [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
              • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]

Interview with Maison Martin Margiela on Browns website.

[/quote]

I really like the last bit about art and fashion. Does his description of how an artist would produce and release work strike anyone as closely describing some of the lines under the auspice of Continues (i.e. Linea, Fattoamano, etc)?

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I would tend to think that Altieri would say yes, but that's just a guess, of course. I doubt thought that he would consider what he does art in the sense that we know it. But it's definitely art in the sense that my man Pirsig thinks of it.

I just admire Margiela's humility, honestly. His contribution to fashion innovation is immense, yet you don't hear a hint of pride in him. I don't know if I'd be so strong!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

i like the "interview". Like said before, hes eloquent and comes across very humble. The more i follow his stuff and see photos, read interviews the more i wonder if martin margiela as a single man even exists. Its nearly impossible to not have a photo of you online these days. Especially if youre so well known. It would not surprise me in the least if the brand was run by a team.... None of whom have the last name margiela. That would be quite genius :)
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

my old girlfriend used to work for him. he's a man who exists.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

Slightly OT and an interesting little fact for you Margiela fans.

In the Margiela store in HK, ground floor, there is a wall with a little painted white stand with black tabi footprints.
                      On the wall above it are hand written lines measured according to height with famous names next to them.

'General' celebrities on the left, and fashion industry related people on the right. I was a surprised to see John Galliano listed as 155cm.
                      Margiela was listed at the top at a cool 195cm!

And can I just say that the SAs in their white lab coats were rather cute.[64]

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

I think somewhere in my storage, i have a 1997 magazine with a drawing/portrait of him. I've, seen pictures of him before, I also have an old interview magazine (probably in storage also) of an interview of him by none other than Karl lagerfeld
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

crazy margiela felt hat stole in the times:

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

I dont see people walking around in MMM's new tower neckline jackets or ubershouldered bodycon jackets.

[/quote]

that's just a case of most women playing it safe, non? i liked the jackets on the runway, and i think this one looks great on ms roitfeld.

Comment

• mamaboy
                              • Mar 2008

"unspoken feelings r unforgetable"--is it from tarkovski "nostalgia"?...blia budu...
                              but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

I think the last few seasons were excellent, surprised at the outburst. The one currently in stores has some terrific pieces.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎