• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
    MM is not balding...according to staff at the boutique he has a ton of crazy red hair that he always wears under a hat and he dresses kind of punky. Also, he is extremely tall.
    How do you know they are not lying to you?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• masterofpuppets
      • Jan 2009

the art of untacking

MMM is tremendous.

He deserves all his success and more for the mountains of influence he's spread. I love everything about the basics. They are some of the most incredible "basics" ever created and if anything, give a fantastic point of reference to all the incredible conceptual work he's produced over so many years. It's like any project. It starts somewhere, it can become wonderful with a little bit of thought and mind altering when you complete the process.

MM is the master of clever and all his work is a testament to that...I'm sure his work and philosophy has been the recipient of more "I wish I thought of that" than anyone else.

I hope you get that billfold if you really like it. I have one like it made of white paper and white tape. So simple it could have be made by a child in pre-school; even better--it was made by an invisible man.

Comment

• Originally posted by masterofpuppets View Post
        MMM is tremendous.
        MM is the master of clever and all his work is a testament to that...I'm sure his work and philosophy has been the recipient of more "I wish I thought of that" than anyone else.
        i wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by masterofpuppets View Post
          MMM is tremendous.

He deserves all his success and more for the mountains of influence he's spread. I love everything about the basics. They are some of the most incredible "basics" ever created and if anything, give a fantastic point of reference to all the incredible conceptual work he's produced over so many years. It's like any project. It starts somewhere, it can become wonderful with a little bit of thought and mind altering when you complete the process.

I hope you get that billfold if you really like it. I have one like it made of white paper and white tape. So simple it could have be made by a child in pre-school; even better--it was made by an invisible man.
          Well, that was quite passionate - I like that :-). I pretty much agree here. My current wallet is a Margiela one - white leather wrapped in packing tape with all the writing (in French). I get so many wows and other compliments on it. Everyone asks if I made it myself and I think, "I wish".
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
            • May 2008

The photographer Nick Knight uses the Margiela wig coat in a video for showstudio: here

Comment

• Catfood
              • Oct 2008

100 USD is not a bad price...

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

SZ's favorite topic... celebrities!

From Jay-Z's new single "Run This Town" featuring Rihanna and Kanye...

"And ain’t nobody fresher
                I’m in Maison, uh, Martin Margiela"

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                  SZ's favorite topic... celebrities!

From Jay-Z's new single "Run This Town" featuring Rihanna and Kanye...

"And ain’t nobody fresher
                  I’m in Maison, uh, Martin Margiela"
                  yes,
                  the old played out formula
                  immortalize a designer by mentioning their name in your song
                  pretty they dont understand that at Margiela's core, he is against everything like that.........
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• een
                    • Sep 2006

from Ryuko Tsushin, June 2002
                    photography Takashi Homma

Comment

• those white painted tabi tall wedge boots are some of the best footwear i've ever seen. björk wore those.

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by sbw4224 View Post
                        The man himself:

Taken from the NY Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/fa...ml?ref=fashion
                        wait a second....is this REALLY martin?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ nobody know, lol.

In other news.... This is official.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

I don't know what to think about the fragrance. I'm kinda mad.
                            I wanted him to myself, now it seems he's out there for everyone.
                            Like my ex-girlfriends.

Comment

• pierce
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

I know, friends are joining his facebook page and everything, wouldn't mind but they don't have a clue about the brand or what it stands for, own any of the clothes and just because its now cool amongst people who like to be cool they join the page.

Think its interesting to note how they stress that this was the last thing he over saw before leaving, which is an official admission in a way that company the is nothing without the man himself and that anything they do is only of worth if he oversaw it. My view is he had nothing to do with the perfume and that it was this that drove him out more than something he was activily involved in. A bottle of perfume is so anti martin margielas thinking it doesn't even bear talking about.
                              Even the shape of the bottle. Martin Margiela would probably present it in a urine sample bottle if he had his way.

Also (untilted), such a bad interpretation. Martin Margiela would never have called it that either. On a more positive note, would be great to see reissues of his clothes though.
                              Last edited by pierce; 01-16-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

In my mind there are three brands in the fashion industry, whose products are so linked to the minds of the designers that it becomes impossible for them to continue any meaningful work without those designers being there.

Margiela, with CdG and Chalayan being the other two.........

this Fragrance is a testament of my perspective, as no true Margiela fragrance would ever exist in a bottle like that, with his name on it

when I envision a Margiela fragrance, from what I know about this company, I envision something like this

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎